Status: Hiatus

Like the Crescent Moon

Just a Dream

My eyes slowly opened and my head felt like lead. I reach over for my Advil, I can’t be hung over I was the sober one last night. Which is the usual for me since watching wasted people is a lot more fun than being a wasted person. Maybe I just have a headache from listening to Jack, Chris and Matt arguing over which girl is the hottest and who deserves that girl most. Thus leading Matt to getting into a brawl with Jack because he has Sarah and Matt would never dare fight me. I had to yank Jack off the idiot and we bailed early to avoid further displays of drunken behavior. I yawn and stretch my arms overhead when my dream comes flooding back to me.

I had the strangest dream, or maybe weird is a better word. I remember that there were these flying fish that lived in trees and birds in scuba gear swimming under the neon orange waters. It was such an oddly wonderful place, a place that felt like home. The chocolate sky made the whole place smell good enough to eat. When I walk down the path I saw gumdrop trees and bees sipping on cups on honey. The flowers yelled at each other about who smelled more like fertilizer. I just kept walking, I had no idea where I was going and yet I knew I was headed to someone. It was because I could feel everything that was alive in my bloodstream, pumping through me with every beat of my heart. It was so weird being connected to everything and not really knowing what any of it was. The land of Wonder, yeah, that’s what the place was called. Why does that name sound so familiar, like I have heard it somewhere before? Like someone whispered it to me while I slept? I sit up in bed and shake my head, then look around just in case. Yeah, my room is still empty.

I remember that in my dream my hand was fading out of my vision and instead of freaking out, I laughed. That is when she appeared, hopping down the trail towards me. Mirana, not that I am surprised she was there, since they day we gave ourselves a half day; we have been talking more often then I allowed us too before that day I give in to my impulse. Or maybe it was her who lured me into giving her a break? I do remember a strange tug around my chest, the smell of her skin like lilacs dancing into my nose. It was almost like I was floating towards her. It was all a bit strange, anyway we have been eating lunch together once a week, and of course my friends love that. Plus she is one sexy chick, so yeah, no surprise that she was in my dream. Actually it more surprising that she is hasn’t been there before last night. The thing was she looked a lot different, but I just knew it was her. It was like I just knew her because we were connected somehow. She had baby pink eyes, long white bunny ears surrounded by ankle length white hair. Her lips were darker, almost red and she swung waist coat watch in circles. My eyes followed it, fascinated that it looked gold but flashed different colors each time it made a full circle.

“Mirana?” I asked while my eyes had stayed glued to the spinning watch.

“We are late Cecil.” She laughed.

That’s when I woke up. I am sure that her obsession with wonderland just caused me to have a strange dream nothing more. I didn’t want to over think how real it all felt to me. Besides over thinking things is for desperate chicks and lonely losers, I have no time to pretend I fall into either category. I push myself out of bed and toss my sheets to the side. I yawn and shake my head; this is what happens when you mess with a chick who is obsessed with fictional place. I push my curtain to the side to see the weather, the sun light hits my eyes causing me to squint and close the curtain. I notice something glint in the last ray of light so I turn toward my bed and see the watch from my dream lying next to my pillow.

“We're late; we're late for a very important date.” Mirana voice whispered from right behind me.

I turn and there is no one there, its official this girl is making me crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
It would seem that wonder has a hold on Cecil ♥

-Hana