Status: Hiatus

Like the Crescent Moon

Something New and Strange

I felt a weird sort of energy fill me and suddenly Mirana's body swayed. I caught her before she hit the ground which was a relief to me. I was about to crack a joke when her body started to seize in my arms and my heart leaped in my throat. I don’t know what to do, and I am useless under pressure that’s why my dad is dead. I remember how he clutched his chest as I stared blankly at him, no emotions at all present expect shock. I killed him. No, I ignore the dark thoughts that try to take hold; I don’t have time for that right now. My focus has to be on Mirana and saving her. I have to keep her in the forefront of my mind.

I am grateful that we were in the middle of the quad because the ambulance was racing toward us before I even thought of taking out my cell phone. The emts were picking up her body and laying it on the stretchers when my mind finally caught up to the events. Mirana, she gave me something that what the energy was that’s why she was weakened. I shook my head, that’s impossible and yet it felt right, like I know that’s what happened. I mean I feel stronger then ever like I could rule the world and as soon as I got close to her that's when the feeling came on. This is my fault. I have to fix this.

Wonder, the name pops into my head and I can’t seem to shake it. I think of my dream, the one from last night of the Land of Wonder. Mirana, she is that place, they are connected. They have been apart for too long and it’s taking its toll on her body. I don’t know where any of this information is coming from but it feels right. Almost as if I was stupid not to know it before. All I know right now is, I have to get her back there; it’s the only way to save her.

First, I have to stop these emts from taking her away. I look around so quickly it feels like everything is a blur. I spot broken glass and smile, if I can pop the tires of the ambulance they would be stuck here, at least until back up came. As I am thinking of ways to make that glass somehow pop at least one of the tires, each of the tires on the ambulance blowouts, with no visible cause. My eyes, widen was that me? But that’s not possible, I couldn't have done that. I mean I am over here, you just can't will things to happen. I bite my lip, I know that somehow I did that. I am going to have a lot questions for Mirana when she wakes up. At least I achieved something because I can see the visible freak out now that the truck can’t be used.

Well, time for part two then, get Mirana to wonderland. Uhh, I mean the Land of Wonder. Now I have no idea how I am supposed to do that, since 1] I am not even half sure that it’s a real place. 2] I have never been there thus I have no idea how to get there even if it does exist and 3] my watch is talking. I look down at the watch and I hear its muffled voice. What on earth is going on? I open the golden lid and see a face smile at me. I want to freak out and drop it but I know better than to draw attention to myself right now.

“I will lead you where you need to go.” The watch spoke to me.

This is not normal; I must have been drugged because a watch is talking to me. Or I am crazy because I am listening to it as it tells me the plan to get Mirana away from the emergency workers. I close the lid and slip the watch into my pocket hoping no one noticed me staring at it. I hope this works.

I will everyone to fall asleep, I feel a drain on myself, like this was too big of a task for me. I close my eyes and focus; I am doing this for Mirana. I will not let her die. She has to make it, when I open my eyes everyone is sleeping. So I grabbed Mirana’s body in my arms and start carrying her in the direction that my watch pulls me at. A huge part of me is really eager to believe that this is just another weird dream. I will wake up in bed and really start the day any minute now. I bite down on my lip hard and looking at Mirana’s slack face. If this is a dream, it a very very bad one. I stop for a moment to kiss her lips wishing she would respond.

“Please wake up,” I whisper to her. “I need you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts please

-Hana ♥