Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 14

Ch. 14

*Courtney POV*

"Courtney you're up!" Pete yelled and shoved me into the middle of the garage.

I was not a singer, I don't know why Patrick volunteered me to be singer. What the fuck was I gonna sing? God they're all looking at me.

"We're waiting..." Joe said looking bored.

"Dude you're not helping. What's the problem sugar?" Frank asked.

"I uhhh, I don't know what to sing. I guess we'll just have to pick this up tomor-"

"Nope! Take out your ipod and just sing the last song you listened to. You're not getting out of this! We need you." Pete said.

I took my ipod out and let it play, Accidentally In Love by the Counting Crows. Well how ironic. I put it back in my pocket and started playing with the hem of my shirt. Ok, just do it, they are your friends! They won't judge you. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and started from the second verse.

So I said I'm a snowball running

Running down into the spring that's coming all this love

Melting under blue skies

Belting out sunlight

Shimmering love

Well baby I surrender

To the strawberry ice cream

Never ever end of all this love

Well I didn't mean to do it

But there's no escaping your love

I awkwardly stopped and opened my eyes and all the guys were smiling. Pete started clapping and all the guys joined in, Joe started chanting my name and my nervous smile turned into a true smile.

"Courtney! You were awesome, Patrick was right!" Andy said. He was usually the quiet one, I'm surprised he spoke up first.

"Sugar you were amazing!" Frank ran up and pulled me into a hug. I giggled and looked at Patrick, his smile faded, when his smile faded mine followed.

Frank let me down and the other guys came in for a group hug, except for Patrick. God he is making it really obvious, it's not even fun. I gave Pete a look and nodded my head towards Patrick, he gave me an understanding nod.

"Ok guys! I think it's time for a celebration! To Closers Cafe!" Pete yelled. The guys all followed him through the door. I pulled Patrick aside right before he walked through the door. It was only me and him in the room and he still didn't look at me, I guess he found some new interest in his shoes or something.

"Patrick, what's wrong! You've been acting strange lately." I said with a smile, I couldn't help it.

"Why are you smiling like that? No I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Really Patrick," I couldn't muffle my giggle, "Patrick you're so obvious! But don't worry I think it's cute." I said grabbing his hand.

His head shot up and his eyes went wide. His face turned beat red and he got the goofiest smile I've ever seen, it made me giggle again.

"He-hey, s-stop laughing at m-me." He was still beat red. He was so cute when he is nervous.

"Patrick why are you so worried? It's just me, Courtney. You can relax."

"We-well why ar-are you holding m-my hand like th-that?" He said shyly.

"Because Patrick, I think I like you," it was my turn to turn red and I looked down at the floor. I could feel Patrick's eyes on me and I looked back up again, his goody smile had gotten even bigger.

"What really! But what about Frank? Don't you like him?" Patrick asked excitedly.

"Naww, we're just friends. Plus, I like the type of guy I can snuggle with," I said poking his stomach.

"Hehe, Pete was right. He told me the same exact thing when he told me you liked me. I didn't believe it of course. You're just so beautiful and smart and funny and nice an-"

"Oh stop it! You're gonna make me blush even harder!" I said slapping his arm.

"Oh but I like it when you blush. I think it's cute."

I giggled and pulled him close. I cannot believe how girly I am being right now. I kissed him softly on the lips and he held me closer, it was finally happening! I've been waiting forever! Well it was actually like a couple days, but it felt like forever! We pulled apart and I took his hand in mine and lead him out the door.

When we walked out the door all the guys started cheering and clapping. Joe ran up to us and buried us in a big bear hug.

"Way to go man! Awe man I love you guys!"

Pete ran up and joined the group hug, "My lil' Trick is a man now, they grow up so fast!" he said fake crying. "Come on in guys!" Pete said motioning to Frank and Andy standing to the side. They shared a glance and shrugged their shoulders before they walked over and joined our family moment.

After the hugfest was over we all piled into Pete's van to go celebrate the band and me and Patrick's "new found love", as Pete said, at Closers Cafe. This was our favorite place to hang out, it was like an old fashioned dinner. Stella who owned the place loved our company too, she may be in her late 40's, but she still acted like she was 18. That's way she didn't mind that we were crazy or loud sometimes, she thought it was funny.

"So this is the famous Closers Cafe that you guys have been fawning over." Frank said from the back.

"Yep, the one and only. It's were we hang out all the time. None of the preps step foot in this place cause they think it looks too old and run down. But that's their loss because they make a mean grilled cheese here." Patrick said while helping me out of the car.

"Yea, it's like our little secret club that only we know about. Well us and a few senior citizens." Pete said.

"They've got a really cool old jute box with some awesome music in it too. We know the owner so she let us sneak some songs in there." Andy said elbowing Frank.

"Well sweet! What are we waiting for? Race you there Joe." Frank said bolting off and Joe not far behind.

Patrick grabbed hold of my hand and I smiled up at him. He was very possessive, he hasn't let go of my hand since we kissed. I loved it!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for cutting off the chapter at a really awkward place. If I continued this would have gone on forever! Anywhore, Thnks fr rdng!