Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 2

Ch. 2

*ding ding*

I had just finished making two ice creams sundaes, what can I say I am a good friend. I walked to the door with one sundae in hand.

"Hey Patr... oh my gosh what happened?" He stood there, he looked like a mess. His bow tie was untied, hanging from his neck. His shirt, untucked and half unbuttoned. His hair was a mess and he smelt like alcohol. His head was down, leaning on the wall. He raised his head and looked me in the face, he had a black eye. Who would do this to him?

"Hey Courtney," he gave me a small smile. He saw the ice cream in my hand and stared at it. "So, you could tell. Am I that easy to read?" His smile faded and head fell.

"Patrick. Come on, come in. You look like your freezing." I helped him in and down stairs into my room.

"Where are your parents? I don't want them freaking cause I'm here so late. I don't want you to get in trouble." He looked at me with red tired eyes.

"They are out with some friends. They usually spend the night at their house since my dad usually gets too drunk to drive and my mom takes care of him. So that means you can do whatever you want to me," I joked. Patrick and I have been friends long enough for us to feel comfortable joking around like that.

He just looked at me, than started to break down.

"Hey, hey, hey. Dude, was it something I said? Patrick what's wrong?" I pulled him close and put an arm around him. He kept crying, I've never seen him like this before and I don't like it. I rested his head on my shoulder and ran my hand through his hair and whispered that everything was going to be ok.

He finally calmed down and whipped his eye with his sleeve. I handed him his half melted ice cream, and he started shoveling it into his mouth.

"Ok, now can you tell me why you showed up at my house at 1 in the morning a walking disaster?"

He looked at me, with his stormy blue eyes, still red from tears. "Allie..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed! Thnks fr rdng!