Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 20

Ch. 20

*Courtney POV*

I got home and walked up to my front door. I went to put my key in but the lock wasn't locked like I left it. At first I thought a thief broke in but I realized that the lock wasn't broke and there was no sign of struggle with the door handle. One of my parents must have come home early, I shrugged and walked in. What the fuck, the lights are off-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY COURTNEY!" The room screamed. Holy shit! I totally forgot it was my birthday with all the shit that's been going on, but wait it's tomorrow. Oh I got it, surprise party, right.

I was cut from my thought when Patrick came up and pecked me on the lips. "Hey, where have you been? Pete came over to take you shopping but you weren't here?" Patrick asked with a smile, he was so clueless.

"Oh I just felt like going for a walk. The question is how you punks got in my house?!" I said laughing.

"Everyone knows you keep a key under the cushion on your porch swing, duh," Joe said with a mouth full of chips.

"Gross Joe, don't talk when you're eating! Haha, you guys are the best! Aww you even made me a cake," I walked over to the poorly decorated little cake on the coffee table in the living room.

"Haha yea, we were broke so we just made one! As you can tell, I decorated it!" Pete said proud of his creation.

"Come on lets have some! Then you can open your presents," Andy yelled.

"Presents! Aw guys you didn't need to get me anything."

"We know, but Patrick does cause he's your boyfriend," Joe said handing me a party hat.

"Ok light em' up!" Pete yelled lighting the candle on the cake. (you get it, if you didn't why are you even reading this?)

They sang happy birthday, well more like screamed the song. After their screamo rendition of happy birthday I closed my eyes, made my wish, and blew out the candles. The guys all cheered.

"Soooo, what'd you wish for?" Joe said jumping on my back.

"Haha I can't tell you! Then it would ruin the wish," I looked over at Patrick who was smiling, and I smiled back.

"Ok presents!" I yelled.

"The princess demands her gifts from her handsome, talented, genius, sexual knights!" Pete yelled. He came back with three poorly wrapped gifts, these guys were so cute.

I picked up the first one, it was about the size of a dvd. I opened it up and screamed, it was a copy of the Watchmen. What a coincidence, like really what are the odds? "Oh my gosh! I know who this is from! Andy, how did you know I totally wanted this!" I screamed as I tackled him to the ground with a hug.

"Haha, maybe because it's the only thing you've been talking about. Now get off me before your boyfriend over there beats me up!" He said laughing.

"You got that right," Patrick said putting his fists up like he was about to be in an old timey brawl.

"Open mine next!" Joe said throwing a small package at me.

I opened it and pulled out two albums, blink 182's dude ranch and the misfits' american psycho. "Joe, I love these! Thanks man! I knew I could count on you for good music." I said hugging him.

"I know, I know. Your sooo welcome." Joe said picking me up and setting me next to Pete.

"My turn," he shoved a gift bag in my face.

I pulled out a neon pink hoodie with black wings embroidered onto the back. "Pete this is sick! Were did you even get this?" I asked with a smile.

"I know a guy," he said with a smirk. "Patrick, your up buddy." Patrick looked like he was about to say something when Andy cut him off.

"Yea, yea, we know. You only told us like 100 times!" The guys shuffled out of the room, leaving me and Patrick alone.

"Hey, happy birthday."

"Thanks, so what did my knight in shining armor get me?" I said smiling.

"Close your eyes and turn around."

"Sweet birthday sex!" I yelled. Not even 5 seconds Pete later was already poking his head through the door.

"WHAT!? Patrick's having sex! You go girl!"

"Pete! Get the fuck out! We aren't having sex! She was just kidding! And if we were we aren't now cause you ruined the moment!" Patrick yelled, he looked pretty serious. Pete shrugged and walked back out.

"Sorry, I thought they would take it as a joke," I said shrugging.

Patrick sighed, "It's ok, now cover your eyes," Patrick said looking like an excited little kid.

I closed my eyes and Patrick moved my hair. I felt something cool on my chest and I smiled. "Ok, you can open them now."

I looked down and Patrick had placed a necklace around my neck. It was two hearts with a ribbon twisted between them. It said 'Folie รก Deux' on the ribbon in a fancy cursive. "Patrick it's beautiful! What does folie a deux mean?" I said looking up at him smiling.

"It means a mental sickness that is shared by two people. We share love, which is like our mental sickness. We can be mentally crazy together," he said pulling me close.

"Hehe, yep. We are pretty wild aren't we?" I kissed him softly on the lips, then deepened the kiss after a while. He didn't seem to mind. I pulled away and he had a smile on his face. I took the trucker hat off his head and placed it on mine, which made him smile even wider.

"Hey we should probably go see what the guys are up to."

"They are probably listening at the door," Patrick said.

"Haha you're probably right. Watch this," I said with a devious smile. I quietly snuck up the the door and slammed my fist against it.

"Owch! What the fuck are they doing in there?"

"Did he just throw her against the door?"

"Maybe Patrick is actually a really rough lover."

Patrick and I shared a look and I ripped the door open. There was Pete, Andy, and Joe who feel into the room, probably because they were leaning up against the door.

"I knew it! You guys are such perverts!" Patrick yelled throwing his hands in the air.

"My two bet friends hooked up, did you expect me to give them privacy?" Pete said smiling. I glared at him. "It was Joe's idea!" he said pointing to a surprised Joe.

"What! No!"

"Oh forget it, next time we should go outside or something?"

"Agreed. Hey, I hate to leave so early but my mom wanted me home early to help her set up some new furniture she bought for the living room," Patrick said walking over and kissing me on the cheek.

"Aww, fine she can have you. Bye Trick!" He waved back and disappeared out the front door.

"Yea I have to go to work," Andy said.

"Dude you're my ride! Can you still drop me off?" Joe begged.

"Ugh fine but we gotta hurry. Bye guys! Happy birthday Courtney!" Andy said as him and Joe ran out the door.

"Yea I should probably go too. I've got a paper due tomorrow and I haven't even started." Pete said giving me a high five.

"Haha alright see ya." I walked down into my room and shut the door. I put dude ranch in my cd player and laid down on my bed. About three songs in my cell phone started ringing, I picked it up and it was Frank.

"Hey, we wanna know if you wanna hang out with us today. If you are 't doing anything."

I looked over at my clock, it was only 2, and I wasn't doing anything. "Yea sure...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Hope you/re enjoying the story so far, the next chapter is going to be a juicy one. It's a 2 part chapter so you KNOW it's gonna be dramatic as fuck if I couldn't fit it in one chapter. So be sure to subscribe and comment, commenting will help me not forget about this website since I get an email when I get a comment. Soooooo just putting that out there.