Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 3

Ch. 3

"Allie... she cheated on me. She humiliated me in front of everyone. I... I loved her." As he said as a tear ran down his face.

"What, how could she?" I asked in a shocked whisper.

Allie had been with Patrick ever since freshman year. Everyone thought that they would be together forever, they had gotten really serious. They met during orientation, and hit it off. Their lockers were right next to each other's, I guess they were wearing the same band tee, some unknown punk band. Patrick was a shy guy, no self-esteem what so ever. We were all surprised when he brought her to the table where we all ate. I remember the smile on Pete's face when he brought her over, he finally saw his little Patrick become a man.

"How could she do that?! We all knew... well thought you guys were going to get married!" That probably didn't help. "You don't have to tell me, but what happened exactly?"

"Well... I guess it started when we arrived at the party. I could tell something was off..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey so you excited?" A giddy Patrick asked at the seat of the wheel.

"Yea, I guess..." Allie said, keeping her eyes on the passing objects outside the window.

Patrick looked over at Allie, he had noticed that she was becoming very distant lately. Ever since that douchebag Kaden had said something about them dating. People had said something about how she was too good for him before, and it never phased her, she would always stand up for him. But for some reason, when he said it, it seemed to have gotten to her. He was scared to lose her.

"WHOAH! Patrick watch where you're going! Pay attention."

While drifting away in his thoughts he forgot he was driving, and had drifted into the wrong lane. He swerved back into their lane and let out a sigh.

Allie looked at him and could tell he was tense. She moved her hand onto his arm. "What's wrong honey, you seemed worried?" She gave him one of her signature pouty faces, something he never learned to resist.

"Come on Patrick, we've been together for how long? You can tell me anything."

Patrick looked at her reluctantly; trying to imagine what she would say if he told her. Well only one way to find out, he thought.

"Well, I've noticed you've been a little distant lately. Ever since Kaden made fun of, us. I, I, I wanna know if you still want to be with me." Patrick spit the last sentence out of his mouth. He glanced at her quickly and looked back at the road. She looked at him with wide eyes.

"What? What are you talking about, of course I want to be with you. Why would I wanna be with anyone else, you're my pattycakes."

Patrick pulled up to the party, parked the car, and smiled at Allie. "Thanks honey, I don't why I was so worried." He pecked her on the cheek, then got out his side of the car. He walked around and opened the car door for her, she got out and handed him her purse. She put on more lip gloss, Patrick noted that she dressed a little slutty tonight, she never wore anything too show off. He let the thought slip his mind as they walked to the party. They were greeted by a Jay Z song.

"Let's go sit on the couch over there." Allie said pointing to the couch in the corner. She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the corner.

Patrick sat down and looked up at Allie, waiting for her to sit down with him.

"I'm going to get us a beer, hold on one sec baby." She left with a smile, so Patrick sat watching the party. He loved to watch people go about their day.

He drifted into thought while watching people dance and flirt with each other. He dreamed of having that ability to talk to anyone with ease, his whole life he hide behind his tongue.

Patrick was ripped from his thoughts when some guy was shoved and spilt his cup of beer on his shirt. Great he thought, his favorite shirt too. He looked down at his watch and it had been 15 minutes since Allie and left for beer. He doesn't know why he let her go get beer, he didn't drink. Plus, he had to drive home.

He pushed through the crowd, trying to make his way to the kitchen. He walked in and scanned the room, no sign of Allie. Some dude with a pair of pink underwear on his head stumbled over.

"Hey man, I'm looking for a girl, long blonde hair, wearing a red dress, and black flats?" Patrick asked.

"Aren't we all man, but I did see a chick like that," he slurred. "Yea, she was pretty hammered, two beers and she was drunker than... uhhh..."

"You," Patrick said, becoming impatient. "So where is she?"

"Last time I saw her, she was hangin off that Kaden dude's shoulders. They were headed up stairs, I think," and with that he stumbled away.

Oh no, Patrick thought. He had seen enough high school and college movies to know where this was going. He knew what "going up stairs meant". He didn't want to go upstairs, he didn't want to know the truth, but he had to.

He made his way up stairs, scared of what he might find. He was hoping to find Allie slapping Kaden in the face, for trying to "do it" with her while she was with Patrick. He stopped. He saw Allie's flats in front of a door, a door which was ever so slightly opened. His face grew pale, not wanting to believe what he was seeing. Slowly, he shifted his feet towards the door. He could hear the sounds of grunting and moaning. That's when something inside him snapped.

He slammed the door open, which rattled the foundation of the house. Allie and Kaden's attention was shot to the door, where a very angry Patrick stood. Allie's face was a mixture of shame, guilt, and pleasure, probably lingering from Kaden's touch.

He stormed in and grabbed Kaden from the bed, without thinking. As Patrick pulled Kaden up, he realized that he had just picked a fight with a guy two times as tall as him. Kaden smiled as he pushed Patrick against the wall. It was at this moment that he realized that most of the people at the party had gathered around. Kaden walked up to Patrick and swung at him, landing a hit right on Patrick's left eye.

"Hahaha, you know it was only a matter of time before she came crawling to me, FATrick." The whole room started laughing, Patrick looked up at Allie who was still sitting in bed. She had a smirk on her face, which hurt Patrick the most.

Kaden picked him up and threw him out of the room and shut the door. He lied there, still trying to piece together what happened. All around him insults were being shouted at him.

"Why are you even here, you fucking LOSER!"

"Why don't you go home and play with you light saber, like every other nerd!"

"Maybe your gay ass friends will let you touch their light saber, in their pants!"

That's it, he ran outside. He couldn't let them see him cry, it would only give them another thing to make fun of. He pulled out his phone and called the only person who he knew would cheer him up.

"Hey, hey Patrick what's up?"