Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 5

Ch. 5

My alarm blared in my ear, ripping me from my dream. Something hit the underside of my bed, which caused me to jump and scream.

"Hey Courtney, it's alright! It's just me Patrick! Now shush before your dad comes down and beats me up."

"Oh, phew, I forgot you were still down there."

I watched him climb out from under my bed, which was pretty funny. He had to squirm his way out, I wondered how he managed to crawl down there so fast last night. I giggled at the thought and realized I was still looking at Patrick, who had been sitting there, blushing.

"Uhh so, how are you planning to get me out of your house, unnoticed?" He asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"I don't know, I'll go upstairs and see if anyone is there. If not then we can sneak you out." I said, I started to make my way upstairs.

"Wait. What if the coast isn't clear?"

"Then I will distract them and you make a run for it. Anything else you need to know? What kind of shampoo I use?" I asked, sarcasm dripping from my mouth.

"Well, no need for the sass. I just don't want us getting trouble, is that so wrong?"

I reached the top of the stairs and opened the door, just enough for me to peek through. I stepped out and looked up and down the hall, still no sign of my parents. Cautiously, I walked out into the living room area, my dad was still passed out on the couch. Which was fine, unless you count the fact that you have to walk past my dad to reach the door!

I decided that we would just have to risk it and sneak past my drunken father. I needed to check one more thing, my mother. I walked down the hall and stopped at my parents bedroom door. I put my ear against the door and heard a soft snore. Good, she was out cold still, we are gonna have to make this fast.

"Hey Pat-what are you doing!?" I walked down the stairs and found Patrick going through my drawers! Like what the actual fuck!

"OH! I uhh, I was looking for a t shirt to borrow. This shirt is uncomfortable and it smells like old beer."

I would have normally yelled at him, maybe slapped him, but he did have a REALLY bad night. The least I could do was let him borrow a shirt. Plus, it wasn't his fault, he didn't know I kept my panties in that drawer... I hope.

"Uhh yea sure, and by the way casanova, my t shirts are in the SECOND drawer," I said glaring. He just gave me an innocent smile.

He picked out my star wars shirt, which Andy had given me for my birthday. It was two sizes too big and I think he wanted me to regift it to him. Well jokes on him, I love sleeping in big clothes, it gives me more freedom.

"Ok, now we have to sneak past my dad to get you to the door. We shouldn't have any problems, seeing as he will have a hangover and won't want to open any curtains, turn on any lights, or open his eyes."

"Ok, well let's do this!" he said with a little to much enthusiasm.

I opened the door and we both snuck out, being very careful not to wake my mother. We made it to the living room, exchanged looks, and proceeded to the door.

I had made it past my father on the couch and heard an hmpf from behind me. I turned on my heels and saw that my dad had grabbed Patrick's legs.

"Hey, Courtney, is that you?" my dad slurred.

Patrick and I looked at each other with panicked faces. He mouthed for me to talk to him.

"Uhhh yea dad, I was just going out to... uhh, meet some friends for coffee."

"Oh, ok. Can you do me a favor and get me some aspirin and a glass of water," he said in a raspy voice.

He released Patrick's legs and gave him a loving slap on the butt. I tried hard not to laugh, while Patrick's eyes grew and his face turned red.

"Yea, hold on, let me just grab something outside," I said as I motioned for Patrick to go outside.

I grabbed the aspirin, filled a glass with water, and handed them to my dad. I ran outside to find a still red Patrick sitting on out front porch swing.

"So, how's it goin'?" I couldn't help but tormenting him. It was something I was probably never going to let him live down.

"Oh shut up! You better not tell ANYONE about this, or I will take your thong and run it up the flag pole!"

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Try me. Plus, that slap was meant for you, so it's only fair that you get it." He stood and tried to slap my ass but missed. This was not very Patrick like, what was going on with him? He never went as far as touching my ass. What ever, not like I mind. WHAT, there it is again! Stop it, bad Courtney!

"Yea nice try, buddy," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well I better get going, my mom is probably wondering if I'm dead so... bye." He rose his hand and turned, and just like that he turned back into the shy, awkward Patrick. I wonder what came over him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thks fr rdng!