Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 6

Ch. 6
I walked away from Courtney's house with the silliest grin I think I've ever had on my face. Sneaking of her house felt like a scene from a really cheesy 80's movie, what a rush! Except for the part when her dad slapped me on the ass, that was just awkward. I smiled as I remembered the look on her face when she turned around, trying to hold in her laughter. She put her little hands up to her mouth, her face had turned a little red, either from the laughter or from embarrassment. She looked adorable.

Wait WOAH. What the hell, no, Courtney is my best friend! Plus, she wouldn't date a wreck like me, she is too strong and independent. She doesn't really need a man, she could defend herself pretty well alone. This feeling brought up the whole "trying to slap her ass" thing that just happened. That was not like me, that was more of a Pete thing to do. Why did I even do that? Where did that courage even come from? I bet I creeped her out, I probably did.

I finally arrived at home and my mother was waiting in the living room. She ran up and hugged me, then pulled away to slap me. That's the second time I've been slapped this morning, that has to be some kinda record. She was yelling at me about how she was scared sick and she has called the police. She stared into the distance, probably realizing she should call the hounds off. She ran into the kitchen and I put my hands in my pockets, a habit I have picked up over the years.

I felt my phone and pulled it out. It had ran out of batteries so I ran upstairs to my room to charge it. I plugged it in and it started vibrating like crazy. I looked at the screen and I had 17 missed text messages and 4 missed calls. Damn, I am popular. I unlock my phone and the smile on my face instantly faded. 15 of the text messages where from Allie, god damn it! Couldn't she just leave me in peace! Horrible memories from last night flashes through my mind, the beer on my shirt, finding her in bed with that dick, being punched and thrown down, and all the name calling.

I had completely forgotten about my eye, Courtney didn't say anything about it, but know that I think of it she only saw me in the dark and my hair was over my face. My mom didn't say anything, but my hair was in my face. Looks like I'm going to gave to wear my hair over my eye, like Pete.

I looked back down at my phone and cringed as I read the first text. I was a long one, like a paragraph. She apologized about what she had done and said she was drunk. She went on about how it wasn't her fault, that Kaden had pressured her into doing it. She continued with how she felt bad about Kaden punching me and the people calling me names.

I couldn't read through the rest, it was too painful. My stomach was in knots, but I kept reading. The other text messages were her begging for my forgiveness, the farther I scrolled down, the less it seemed she was trying to get me back.

Then, I dropped my phone. The last two texts were like a bullet, it hit me fast and it hurt like hell. The second to last one said that she was done trying, and she didn't even like me anymore. She said she loved having sex with Kaden, saying it was better than anything she had ever experienced in our relationship. Then, what hurt most of all was a picture of her and some other dude, kissing. She wasn't wearing a top and she was sitting on his lap, her hands were low and he had his arm wrapped around her.

I couldn't believe she would do this! To stoop so low! To just rub it in my face! After what! I didn't text back! After she had cheated on me and watched me get beaten and made fun of! The nerve of that girl!

I was heartbroken and pissed. I dropped to the floor and just cried. Shaking from anger and tears running from my eyes, I looked back at my phone. It had gone off again. Half of me knew not to look back at the phone, but the other half was convinced that Allie had come to her senses and sent another apology text.
I looked at the phone, it was another text from Pete. He was wondering if I was up to go bowling with the gang. I was pissed and I didn't want to go or do anything, I just wanted to lay in my bed, in the dark, all alone.

I texted him back, saying no and not to text me again. I sent the text wondering if it was a little harsh, but brushed it off concentrating on other things on my mind.

11 am and I was already done for the day, I just crawled under my covers and closed my eyes, wishing that this was all just a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thnks fr rdng!