Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 9

Ch.9

We pulled up to the bowling alley and walked inside. It wasn't very crowded because most people think is lame or boring, but we always had our best times while bowling. Like the time Joe thought it would be funny to run down the lane with the ball, slipped, and got us thrown out cause the manager had to re-gloss the lane. We couldn't stop laughing, Andy literally fell the the floor laughing.

"Time to place our bets ladies and gentleman and Joe!" Pete said yelling and pointing to the air, while Joe was glaring at him.

"My money is going on Andy! He is the master!" Patrick said.

"Well mine is on Courtney, don't let me down girly. I don't get paid until next weekend," Andy said smiling.

"I don't know, I've been practicing," Pete said lifting the bowling ball with one hand.

"Whatever. So whose going first?" I said with my hands on my hips.

"Trickster! You're up!" Pete yelled from the computer.

After awhile Andy and I were tied. Then Pete brought up their band thing they've been talking about lately, they never really committed to it.

"So guys, I haven't been in a band for awhile and I'm gettin' bored. I think we should really start this one."

"Sure why not. Since I'm not with Allie anymore I guess I've got the time," Patrick said expressionless.

"We've got a drummer, I can play bass, Joe and Patrick on guitars, all we need is a singer." Pete said.

"Courtney can you sing," Patrick said.

I looked at him shocked, I never sang in front of anyone, the only time I sang was in the shower... "I could hear you from your room when you were taking a shower this morning," he said, his face a little red.

"Wait what!?" I could feel my face going red too.

"What, Courtney I didn't know you could sing?" Andy said.

"Can we hear you? Wait how good was she?" Joe asked.

"I don't know, I'm not a singing critic. I thought she sounded nice."

"Well it's decided. Courtney you can be our singer until we find another one." Pete said.

"Wait! Don't I get a say in this?!"

"Nope." they all said in unison.

There was nothing I could do, I guess it's not so bad. They would be looking for another singer. So I would only be singing in front of them, by the time they get a gig they should have a new singer. "Fine, but I'm not showing you until we get home. I'm not just going to break out in song and dance in the middle of a bowling alley!"

"Well no one asked you to dance. We all know that would be a train wreck." Joe said. We all laughed, even me. It was just so true.

As he said that Andy just got his 5th strike. He came back jumping and screaming. Patrick jumped up and hugged Andy, he did bet a lot of money in Andy.

"Whatever." I walked up and grabbed the ball. I walked up and threw the ball down the lane, just missing the last pine to the right. Damn! I missed one!

"Oh well maybe next time honey," Pete came up and slapped me on the back.

"Well, remind me next time not to put my money on the underdog," Andy joked.

"Hey! I wouldn't call me the underdog, Patrick could barley lift the ball!" I said smiling.

"Hey it's not my fault I slept under a bed last night!" he said.

"If you ladies are done, I would like to start the next game. Also, we are out of cheesy fries." Joe said.

"Joe's right. Plus I'm out of soda. I'll go with him and get some more." Patrick said.

"Yea, and I gotta take a piss." Andy said jumping up and running towards the bathroom.

Joe and Patrick walked away and right when they were out of sight Pete jumped up and slide into the seat next to me.

"Hey. So how are you an Patrick doin'?" Pete asked with a big mischievous smile on his face. He had a striking resemblance to the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland, it kinda creeped me out.

"Uhhh I guess we are doing fine. Why?"

"Don't play stupid with missy. I saw the googly eyes you two were giving each other. So what really happened the night he showed up in your door step?"

"Nothing! I told you, he showed up, I made him some ice cream, he cried, and then he slept under my bed!"

"Really? That's it? You didn't have one if those weird love moments that happens in every romance movie ever? You know the ones, the couple stares into each others eyes and stay like that, the world around them gone. All that matters is the other person, being close to them, in their arms."

I thought back to the night before. Did me and Patrick have a moment, I think we did. Oh no, we did have a romance movie scene!

"Oh no Pete I think we did!"

"Haha that's great! I knew it! You should totally tell him! You guys would make such a cute couple, you guys are perfect for each other!" Pete said with a big smile on his face. "So tell me what happened! I want every detail." He folded his hands and placed them under his chin.

"Well. I could tell he was feeling down, so I climbed on top of him and started to tickle him. Then, I guess he had enough, so he pushed me off and climbed on top of me." I stopped because I could feel myself blushing and looked down at my hands in my lap.

"WHAT! We are talking about the same Patrick right?! Patrick Stump climbed on top of a girl!" Pete exclaimed.

"Oh calm down. He just wanted me to stop tickling him."

"Oh really, and what happened next?" Pete said raising his eyebrows.

"I don't know. We kinda just stayed there like that for a while. Then I said something about it, we laughed, and he got off."

"Sounds like he got off alright." Pete said laughing.

"Who got off?" Andy said out of know where, making both Pete and I jump.

"Uhh that guy over there, he uhh has some kinda foot fetish and totally check out Courtney's feet." Pete said pointing to a man sitting alone at one of the lanes.

"Yea, he does seem lonely and weird. Hey Courtney you should go let him give you a foot massage to cheer him up, you seem to be good at cheering lonely weird dudes up." Andy said obviously making a reference to Patrick, which made Pete and I giggle.

"We're baaaccckkk!" Joe said, returning with his arms full of junk food.

"Looks like we are gonna be here a while trying to finish all this." Pete said, so he bought another game and we played on.

Through the rest of the day, Pete would constantly give me and Patrick weird looks. I think Patrick noticed because he would give me a confused look, I would jut pretend I was confused too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chatper! And I am aware that Patrick is the lead singer, *spoiler alert*don't worry he becomes the lead singer later in the story. Anyway I've been trying to make these funny, so if you think they are don't be afraid to tell me. Thks fr rdng!