Fixated

1.

It had been 42 hours since the incident and I'd finally plucked up the courage. I stood outside number 221B Baker Street and glanced up at silver knocker tentatively. 'This is it' I thought, feeling sick with anxiety, I had become the victim of what seemed to be a madman. And I needed serious help before something terrible potentially happened to me and the only person I could rely on was a said sociopath. Great. I knew full well that going to the police would be a futile waste of my time. Before the police did any investigating I could get killed for all I knew. I took a last, long drag of my cigarette; embracing the slight burn of the smoke in my throat before exhaling softly, trying to release some nerves along with the smoke.

After dropping and stamping my cigarette into the pavement, I furtively tapped the knocker three times. It had been a good thirty seconds with no reply or sign of activity from inside; nerves built up again and I began to wonder if I was even doing the right thing by going there. What if this was trivial to him? What if he chose not to help me? Maybe I should just turn back. I took a step back in doubt and just before I was about to reach for the knocker once more, the door swung open.
I was greeted by a somewhat small, quirky looking older woman with a cup of tea in her hand.
"Oh hello dear, how can I help you?" she smiled from behind the door. "Let me guess, looking for our Sherlock, hey?" she added before I could respond.
I nodded, words seemed to have escaped me. There was no turning back now.
"Well come on in, love. Quickly, quickly it's cold out there!"
I stepped inside and she prompted me up a narrow staircase, shouting "Sherlock, you have a lady visitor here to see you!"
The woman opened the door at the top of the stairs without knocking once and ushered me inside.

The tall figure standing at the window turned around to face me. I experienced the blood drain from my face as his piercing, blue eyes caught mine. I was standing face to face with no other than the infamous, almost notorious, Sherlock Holmes.
"...Well?" He enquired, staring at me intently. I was rendered to staring at the ground like a shy seven year old by this point.
"Oh be nice to her, Sherly. She looks a bit peaky don't you think? Here, sit down I'll get you some tea." I thanked her as she steered me into an arm chair.
Sherlock paced around the chair before jumping onto the sofa opposite, I could sense his eyes scoping out every detail of my being.
"I'm being stalked" I revealed, my voice shaking. "I ignored it up until now…But I can't anymore"
He raised an eyebrow, "Oh? Do elaborate."
"It started with the anonymous internet messages, then the emails and texts, then the notes and photos of me through my letterbox..."
He rolled his eyes, "Was any of this done with malicious intent, any threats made?" I shook my head explaining that none of the messages were threatening, only unnerving. "Don't you think you're overreacting a little? It's clearly child's play, someone who obviously wants to alarm you. And by the looks of it, it's worked, and you clearly look like you haven't slept for at least a good two days."
"That's what I thought too." I tenderly pulled down my jumper and turned around revealing the fresh marks on my back from where I got carved up by the anonymous psychopath. "You're mine" was engraved into my back.
"Oh." whispered Sherlock furrowed his brow. "...Oh." He repeated. "Well, that changes everything. How did this happen? Tell me the whole shebang."
I stared at him blankly, regaining some of my composure, "I have no idea, I think I was drugged. I don't remember anything. I woke up and there it was. Nothing was stolen, there was no sign of anyone coming in, all my doors were locked too."
"Interesting..." He pyramided his fingers and tapped them against his forehead. "So tell me Miss...”
"Grey, please, call me Laura though."
"Do you know that would want to...hurt you? So to speak? Anyone slightly fixated with you?"
I shook my head, "Not that I know of, I keep myself to myself mostly."
"Absolutely no idea?"
"None at all."
"Oh well, that's superb!" He clapped his hands together and sprung up just as the door swung open violently.

A smaller-framed man stepped inside, holding about three shopping bags.
"John, come and see this." Sherlock said almost excitedly.
The slight framed man scowled a little, placing his shopping on the table, "Sorry. I'm John, John Watson. And you are-?"
"My name's Laura-" He stepped towards me and held his hand out but before I could shake it and properly introduce myself, Sherlock had spun me round and slid down the neckline of my oversized jumper. His hands were chilly against my warm skin around the superficial, yet sore wounds, and his touch sent a small shiver down my back.
"Oh dear god, who did this to you?" Watson exclaimed, leaning in for a closer look.
"Well John, if she knew that I'm rather sure she wouldn't be here asking for my help."
John rolled his eyes. "Looks like we have an advanced stalker on our hands, more like a predator really. Broke into her house, scratched that into her skin and left without a trace. We just need to find out what he wants... Do you think you could go back home tonight and see if anything more happens? I don't have much to go by here."
John turned to look at Sherlock as if he was insane, which he did seem... a little.
"You can't let this girl go back home! Who knows what would happen." John protested with evident concern in his eyes.
Sherlock sighed, "Yes. That's the point, John. We want to see what may happen."
"I'm not letting her back there so long as she's unsafe, Sherlock."
He exhaled in annoyance and finally said, “Oh whatever, you're no fun." A small smirk played on his lips before he added, "Okay alright, I'll fetch you a blanket. I suppose you can stay with us...So long as you're not too much trouble." Sherlock winked and flashed a grin, before turning on his heels and vanishing into the bedroom; leaving John rubbing his temples exasperatedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like so far! Please please comment/recommend and I'll love you forever and die a happy girl. Stay tuned for filthy escapades.