A Tale From My So-called Life

one

"Ema... Ema... EMA!!” Dani screamed in my ear.
"What?! Gosh, that hurt! What the hell do you want?” I fussed.
Dani glared at me. "What the "hell" do I want? I want you to stop staring at Kevin and finally get on with your life. This has been going on now for two weeks now and nothing has changed. He agreed to move on, but you haven't at all. You have to realize that he's not going to come back, ok? That’s not his type to go back for something that has hurt him that much. Plus the fact that you're so boring and quiet now. I want my old Ema back. I want the one who would walk up to some strange yet really hot guy in the mall and tell him that I thought he was smoking sexy."
Trish suddenly popped up behind Dani, causing me to jump. "Let's get her a grande Mocha Frappacino!!"
Dani turned to stare at Trish with disgust. “We are not going to feed her that poison that you call food to our best friend. You may enjoy that liquid crap, but it's not healthy for you at all. Plus the fact that it would only make her a complete psycho, not normal."
I glanced over in the direction I was staring in before. Sure enough, there he was, sitting just as beautiful as the first time I saw him. We had both agreed to see other people, or rather I had told him I wanted to see other people for some convenient reasons only I would understand. I had hated the fact that the day he broke up with me, I was destroyed. I had never let anyone in my life, soul or pants as much as him. I had told my friends, though that we were going to fast and wanted to break apart for a while. It is the one memory, though I hate to admit it, that tears me up inside out, that makes me huddle in my bed sobbing uncontrollably, and that makes me wish that I was in his arms again once more and that his tongue was back in my mouth were it belonged.
As I snapped back to reality, I noticed him staring at me with a puzzled, yet hurt gaze that begged for me to run up to him and swear myself to him. I quickly whipped my head back towards Dani’s and Trish’s bicker-battle, blushing as red as a blazing sunset going down late. I could just imagine him laughing to himself, as if secretly hearing a private joke. He always loved seeing me blush, though I hated it. I reached in my pocket quickly to make sure the note was still there. Remembering what it said, I blushed even deeper and felt my heart tear once more.
I looked up slowly, realizing everyone was quiet now. Dani was glaring at me yet again and Trish was holding out a Frappacino breakfast bar. Before I could speak, the bell rang and Dani was pushing me out the gym doors.
I peered ahead only to see the back of Kevin’s gorgeous head disappearing through the hallway doors.