Status: active.

Hesitate

three.

Lydia shot into an upright sitting position, whipping her hair from her face at the same time.

“I wanna go on an adventure,” she said. Her voice was certain. She kicked the blankets from her legs and slid from the bed. Dylan, half asleep, sat upright, watching Lydia.

“An adventure?” His voice was more like a low, sleepy mumble.

“Yeah!”

“…Why?” Lydia shot Dylan a look.

“You know why.” And he did indeed know why. Lydia and her boyfriend were ‘on the rocks’… or whatever you wanna call a couple that’s about to break up. “I wanna get my mind off of him.”

“Yeah, I figured. But what kind of adventure are we talkin’ here? Shopping spree? A subway trip to a random part of New York? A road trip across the east coast? You gotta clue me in on things like this.”

“I have no idea what kind of adventure this will be.” Lydia pulled a blue sweater over her head, it belonged to Dylan. He didn't really mind, he always thought she looked more attractive in his clothes than he ever did. “But, it’s going to be amazing. And you’re gonna come with me.” She threw a pair of jeans and a tee shirt at Dylan then started throwing clothes into a suitcase at random.

Dylan sat there, he was a little confused. He shrugged the tee shirt on. Minutes later, they were in Lydia’s car, moving down the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh, an adventure.