Status: Updates when possible.

Hurry Up and Grab Your Guts Before the Walkers Do.

Keep Yourself Warm.

Jack’s P.O.V.(Flashback)
The engine of my black truck hummed loudly. The old gutter hadn’t been tuned up in a while and cried for a little attention. Brushing my hands through my greasy long hair, I sighed.

The driveway of Ellie’s house never looked so long. It was time and the walk seemed so daunting. Grabbing some unknown courage, I dismounted from my car and sauntered up towards the house.

Timidly I knocked on the door and hoped it’d be her to answer the door and not her sister Carlie. I held my breath waiting for the door to be answered. Not long after the beautiful redhead that captured my heart stood across from me.

Her eyes were puffy and matched her hair. “I can’t do this anymore,” she whispered. My heart shot up into my throat choking my words. “Ellie please don’t do this. I love you.” She gasped trying to hold back more tears. “I’m already struggling with this don’t make it any harder.”

I grasped her hand and pulled her into my chest gently. “I only want to make it easier.” She sobbed into my chest. The ring in my pocket burned into my skin, making me more nervous.

Gently I pushed her away and kneeled before her. “Ell, my love, my darling, I want to be there for you no matter what. Please Ell let me be there for you. I love you mon chouchou. Please do me the honour of being my other half, marry me Ell?”

The seconds seemed agonizing as I awaited her answer. “Oh Jack you big lug. Of course I’ll marry you,” she said in between tears and kissed me. She was my everything, we would overcome any obstacle, including her cancer.

(present)
The tension at the dinner table made everyone uncomfortable. Glenn made a few attempts at awkward dinner conversation. I was hardly paying attention my mind on a different time. My heart ached to think of her, my Ellie.

My breaths became shallow and labored. Ellie had died from a nasty case of cancer. Itchiness overcame me, I scratched at my arms trying to control my temper. Rage, I was only seeing red. Sick of everything, I got up from the table and smashed my plate on the floor. “I’m sick of all this bullshit.”

Everyone looked at me shocked and I stormed off towards my room before Hershel could reproach me. Thinking of Ellie always made me snap and return to a dark place. It had consumed my life once and I would not let that happen again, especially when Belle needed me most.

I peered into the room to see if I had woken my sister up with the commotion. Shocked I did a double take. She was not there. I did the unexpected, I walked toward the bed and just collapsed right then and there. Exhaustion had taken its toll. Belle could take care of herself for one night, she’d been through enough. We’d all been through enough.

Belle’s P.O.V.
The stars were captivating. I smiled as I spotted Orion, my favorite constellation. A loud creak of the wooden floor boards snapped me back to earth. I tightly grasped my knife and squinted into the darkness trying to see what had caused the noise.

I could faintly make out a limping figure in the darkness. My rapidly beating heart pumped adrenaline. I jumped from my spot and pounced at the figure with my blade drawn.

Before my fist could smash the blade into its skull a hand reached out and smacked my wrist knocking the weapon out of my hold. Before I could scream, grimy fingers covered my mouth. "Why is everyone tryin' to kill me today?" Daryl grumbled. I gasped into his hand shocked that I had almost killed him.

He slowly pulled away from me once he was certain I wouldn’t scream. “I’m so sorry.” I gushed embarrassed. I could faintly make out his shoulders shrugging in the darkness.

Then he plopped down next to the spot I had been sitting in. Unsure I stood in the same place awkwardly.

“Ya gonna sit o’ what?” He snapped. I flinched at his harsh tone and joined him on the porch wall.

“Sorry that I almost stabbed you.” I whispered. From beside me he chuckled effortlessly. “You couldn’t ‘ave even if you wanted to. You too small and weak to be any threat to me.”

Insulted and unsure of how to respond I remained quiet. So he really thought I was a useless girl. It felt as if he stabbed me in my chest. I could feel my overactive tear ducts working. A few salty drops landed onto my bare thighs.

“Are ya cryin’ girl?” He asked. “My names Belle.” I roughly answered, tears choking my words. Daryl unexpectedly wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pulled me into his side. He winced a little as I accidentally bumped into his wound.

My face burned with nervousness. I had never been this close to a man that I wasn’t related to. Never been kissed or touched. My body slightly trembled at the unanticipated contact.

Daryl was undeniably attractive, he exuded sex appeal. In attempt to hide my blushing I buried my face into his neck. He slightly tensed but quickly relaxed next to me. His body radiated warmth in the unusually cold night, winter seemed to be near.

I sighed confused. How could he be so mean one second and then completely nice the next. This man gave me a migraine with his indecisiveness

“I’m sorry.” he whispered. “S’okay,” I murmured. Daryl grunted then roughly shoved away from me and stormed off. I was left alone, again..
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, it's been so long since I've uploaded a chapter, so sorry for that. I didn't have internet and that's why. I had a lot of trouble with this chapter and have written it three times. I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about Jack.
I have big plans for the upcoming chapters and I can't wait :D

Thank you for those who took the time in reading, you rock!
It'd be greatly appreciated if you commented, subscribed, or recommended.

Title Credit. Keep Yourself Warm-Frightened Rabbit.