Have Faith in Me

Two

Veronica paced the room clutching tightly to a short glass filled with ice and tequila. Her body shook with the same ferocity as a chronic seizure patient, deep black circles were embedded under her clouded green eyes, and she hadn't brushed her hair in days although it still fell in thick brown waves down her back.

Ever since Taylor had been found, sleep wouldn't come easy for Veronica. When she was asked to the police station to identify her best friends’ body, she knew this wasn't just a freak animal attack. This was something much, much bigger than that.

There was a loud rap on the door which startled Veronica, who let out a short shriek and almost dropped her glass. She walked to the door, taking note of where she had left her gun. It was still lying on the fireplace mantle tucked behind a framed photo. When Taylor was killed Veronica decided that she was not going to be the next victim.

She swung the door open, not expecting what she saw in front of her. Two men in black suits where standing on her doorstep. One was tall, with a bit longer dark brown hair and dazzling brown eyes. The other, a bit shorter, had sandy brown hair and light green eyes.

“Veronica Sommers?” She nodded her head at their question.

“I’m Agent Jones. This is my partner Agent Stevenson. We just have a few quick questions about your friend Taylor Harding.”

Veronica looked the boys up and down before downing the rest of her drink and leading them into the kitchen.

“Can I get you anything to drink? Tequila? Beer? Water?” She asked before filling her glass back up.

They both graciously declined the offer and both Sam and Veronica took a seat at the small oak kitchen table.

“Veronica, How well did you know Taylor?” Veronica was still visibly shaking.

“She was my best friend. We've been inseparable for the past 5 years, ever since I moved here.” And it was true. Veronica had moved to this small Idaho town after both her parents died in an awful car accident. Since she had no other family, she had moved away from all her memories to start a new life. Taylor, who she had met at her new job at a small town restaurant, was like her in many different ways. They were both the only ones left in their families with no one to turn to, so they bonded immediately.

“Now, do you know if Taylor had any enemies? Was there anyone that maybe wanted to hurt her?” Sam was always calm and methodical in his ways. However, Dean was walking around the room, looking through various items.

“Hey, you got a bathroom around here?” Dean interrupted before Veronica could reply to Sam’s question.

“Yeah, it’s at the end of the hall by the front door.” Bingo. This was his chance to make sure this sweet girl wasn't the werewolf they were looking for. He followed the hall, looking for anything suspicious. Well, suspicious for them anyways. The wall was littered with pictures of family. The walls were painted a soft maroon. In the living room was full of furniture as well as a fireplace. There was a large painting hanging above the mantle, which was also full of pictures and cards. Dean saw something strange peeking out from behind a photo and grabbed for it.

A gun! He placed the safety on before carefully examining it. It was littered with distinct etching and marks. He pulled the magazine out to check if it was loaded and was shocked by what he saw.

Silver Bullets.

He walked back into the kitchen and tossed both the gun and magazine onto the table. “You’re a hunter!”

Sam jumped from his chair, drawing his gun and pointing it at the shocked young woman.

“What?” Veronica was startled again. What did he mean ‘hunter’?

“Oh don’t give me that bullshit. You know what I’m talking about.” Dean’s voice became rough with anger.

Veronica stopped shaking and grabbed her gun, quickly loading the magazine. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, so who the hell are you?” She shouted, clicking off the safety and pointing it at Sam.

“Whoa, ok. No one needs to get here. Let’s put down the guns,” Dean stepped between the two, “and we can talk.”

Veronica was skeptical, but decided to lower her gun before handing it to Dean. Sam put his away as well and they walked into the living room and sat down on the plush black couches.

“Ok, who the hell are you guys?” She brushed her hair behind her ear and looked up only to be brought face to face with beautiful green eyes of ‘Agent Stevenson’.

“I’m Dean Winchester. This is my brother Sam.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update, a lot has been going on at my house. It's short but sweet, please leave some comments!
xoxo