Status: can I hear a '*** yeah' for that pairing?! :)

Don't Say Yes, Run Away Now

1/1

Almost ten am. Probably the right time to ring at somebody's door. And with that I meant my friend was probably still asleep, considering it was a Saturday morning. With strong steps I approached Gabe Saporta's front door. It's been a while since I was on a visit at the beach loft. With a smirk on my lips I rang the doorbell and waited. Waited for half a minute until I noticed a shadow behind the translucent glass door. And then a tired looking Gabe stood in front of me. He was wearing boxer shorts and a white t-shirt; I guessed he had just woken up. Gabe rubbed his eyes, blinked and focused his brown eyes on my face.
''Dios mío! Alexander William Gaskarth, is that you!?'' I cringed a little. Using my full name wasn't exactly necessary. With a little smile on my face I nodded.
''Hey Gabriel! Excited to have me back?'' My friend blinked again and then just stepped back, so I could come inside.
''Hell, I thought I was heaving a heart attack! You can't just leave from day to day, stay away for six months and then ring my door bell on a Saturday morning, Alex!'', Gabe exclaimed angrily. The tall man looked at me as if he still wasn't sure it was me. I didn’t really know what to say, so I just shifted my feet uneasily.

''And you couldn't just send a text saying you're coming back?'', Gabe wanted to know, while walking back into his living room. I followed him and answered:
''Actually I forgot my charger and then I got used to not having a phone.'' He glanced at me.
''And a letter was too much to ask for as well?'' I shrugged bugged out. Of course I could have done anything like that. I just didn't want to. I didn't want people to know.
''I'm currently on a trip to say hello to everybody. I'm staying at Jack's house.'' Gabe nodded confused and scratched his head.
''Uh, alright. Do you, uh want coffee or anything?''
''Yeah, thanks.'', I said and sat down on a comfy sofa on the other side of the room. The furniture hadn't changed and I hoped the rest of San Diego didn't either. Gabe had turned around to go into his kitchen, but stopped dead in his tracks.
''Uh, never mind.'' He continued to walk to his coffee maker. I watched him press a few buttons on his coffee maker.
''So I woke you up?'', I asked curiously. Like he said. Six months had passed that I haven't been to San Diego.
''No, I was awake, but still in bed. I was at an award show last night.''
''Oh, did you win anything?'', I joked.
''No, but someone thought they needed to fill the seats with a commercial singles writer aka me. It was nice though.'', Gabe stated and came back with two mugs of coffee. He put them down and stared at me. I looked back, trying to smile innocently, but my friend was still a little mad.
''I just don't get that you're here! Where have you been?'' I shrugged and pulled my coffee mug nearer to my body.
''I don't know. Like France, England, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, South Africa, Japan, Australia and yeah like around the world.'' I didn't really want to get into detail, so I just shrugged again and tapped against the mug.
''Hmm.'', Gabe mumbled, then he started laughing.
''And let me guess you still don't know any other Spanish words than Quesadilla, Guacamole, Muchacho and Paella?!'' I raised my eyebrows.
''Oh, you would be surprised! However, what was going on in my absence?'' Gabe hesitated for a few seconds, frowning. He clasped his mug and muttered:
''Elvis was run over by a car.'' My mouth opened in shock. No, not that cute little dog!
''Oh no! When? How's Travis?''
''Three months ago, I think. Hmm, he's pretty sad. But he already thought about a new dog.'' I pouted and stared into the brown liquid in my mug.
''And Oli Sykes was rushed to the hospital like two weeks ago. They had to get his stomach pumped because he took an overdose.'' I blinked.
''What? Since when is he doing drugs?'' Gabe bit his lip.
''Don't know, man. Just heard the news. I haven't seen him in a while though. But hey, Lights and Beau are pregnant! I mean, she is pregnant.'' I clapped my hands excitedly.
''Cool! Baby alarm! So I missed out on everything, but got to see the world.'' I high-fived myself and took a sip from my coffee. A content silence emerged.

''Actually, it's great that you're here again. I missed you, Lex.'', Gabe suddenly remarked and stood up. Before I could take another breath the tall man hugged me in my seat and giggled.
''Yeah. It's good to be home. But I liked it everywhere else as well.'', I said and looked outside the window. A little blue pool and a nice stone wall. Things I didn't had six months ago and didn't have now. I literally only had the things that were in my backpack that now was stored at Jack's. I let my eyes wander.
''It seems to me like you ignored your mail for at least as long as I was gone.'', I joked and pointed over to the other side of the table we were sitting at. Gabe looked up.
''Yeah. Kinda. I wasn't motivated enough to throw it away.'' He reached over and pulled the pile next to him. Hastily I saved his mug from being lavished by the paper.
''I mean, this is all advertising and...'' He pushed a few colorful documents away.
''...something from my lawyer and, oh!'' Gabe fished an ivory-colored envelope out of the pile. He gulped audible and put it aside again.
''What? Are all of your credit cards overdrawn?'', I asked even though the letter didn't look like a dunning letter.
''Oh no, it's just something from...'' I literally saw his mind working. With raised eyebrows I quickly reached forward and grabbed the envelope. Gabe didn't stop me, but he made an displeased sound. With a small smile on my face I looked at the sender curiously. Shivers ran down my spine and I cleared my throat awkwardly.
''Here.'', I said and handed the letter back to my friend.
''It must be important. So you should probably open it.'', I added anxiously. Gabe's lips were pressed to a thin line, but he did as I told him. I watched his face, when he opened the envelope with stiff fingers. And like I expected he didn't really show much happiness towards the paper in his hands. He rather seemed concerned.
''Okay … I think I should read it out loud … I mean ...'' Gabe looked up with a frown.
''...it kind of implicates you as well.'' He coughed indignantly.
''Mr and Mrs Victor Gamboa Fuentes and Mr and Mrs Lenny Pope request the pleasure of your company...'' I closed my eyes.
''...at the marriage of their children Cassadee Blake Pope and Victor Vincent Fuentes on Saturday,...'' I didn't listen anymore. My brain couldn't absorb any more info. Why was he getting married?! Who was the girl? Cassadee was a female name, wasn't it? Was this a joke?! Vic couldn't just announce a wedding with some girl after breaking up with me six months ago! After telling me he couldn't stay with me any longer! After he literally begged me to move away! He couldn't do that to me! Maybe he thought I would never find out?! He sure had hoped I would travel around the world forever and maybe come back with a new boyfriend someday to visit my friends!

Nervously I clasped my mug and drank the rest of the coffee of the reel. I put the mug down vacantly. Then I blurted out:
''Who is Cassadee Blake Pope?'' Gabe sighed and scratched his head. Obviously he didn't expect me to ask about that girl first.
''She's from a very rich family.'' He shifted his weight onto his legs and continued:
''Her father and her uncle founded a sportswear company and sold it for god knows how much. Cassadee's mother worked as a personal trainer, but of course not anymore. I don't really know the family, but her mother tried a singing career and they had a series about their lives or something like that. And Cassadee is their only daughter.'' I nodded slowly. Of course Vic' parents only excepted someone from social circles.
''Are you okay, Alex?'', Gabe asked cautiously. I nodded mechanically.
''Yeah yeah, of course. It's fine. Vic's getting married to some girl.'' I fake grinned. It was obvious that Gabe got my irony because he let his shoulders fall and frowned sadly. I gritted my teeth and dropped a very important question.
''I mean, he is happy, right? He wouldn't marry her if he wasn't.'', I argued. At least that was what I hoped. Gabe looked at me. His deep brown eyes stared at mine. He clearly wanted to say something.
''He isn't … he isn't happy?!'', I reasoned slowly. Gabe gave a slight cough and shrugged with a little nod.
''He is happy? Or isn't he? Gabe, can you explain how this happened?'' I was confused. His posture had changed, sunk down, fingers nervously playing with the handle of his mug.
''He has to be.'', Gabe finally pressed out and shook his head. Okay, there definitely was something wrong here.
''Are you being treated or what?!'', I yelled. Gabe let out a long breath and got up. With a few steps he walked over to his stereo, started the radio and turned up the volume.
''No, not really. But we can't be sure if someone listens.'' I closed my mouth and nodded.
''I'm not important enough to be spied on, but who knows if somebody saw you arriving.'' I crossed my arms in front of my chest, when Gabe sat down again.

''So, what can you tell me? I haven't been to San Diego for six months and it seems I have missed a few things.'' I sounded angry. Maybe I was angry too. Not mad at Gabe for not really telling me, but mad at the whole situation. Actually a few weeks ago, when I decided to book a flight to California, I kind of thought things would have changed. That I maybe could win Vic back, that I could convince him to defy his parents. However Gabe leaned back and covered his face with his hands.
''I'm sorry Alex. It's … yeah more of an arranged marriage than anything else. Business and stuff, you know his parents. I didn't really speak to him about it. We all kind of tried to deny it, that's why I haven't looked at my mail in a while. I knew to what this relationship would lead.'' He looked at me and sighed again. I knit my brows and started to bite my lip. This didn't sound good.
''And with relationship I mean...some night Vic, Jaime, Tony and a few others met at 'el dorado'...''
''Is Mike still working there?'' I needed to gather a bit more information.
''Yeah, he does. Whatever, we met and Vic announced that he had a girlfriend named Cassadee and she, quote, is a really nice girl, unquote. Actually I don't really know how she sees this relationship, but I don't think they hate each other...'' Gabe stopped as if he had just realized what he was talking about. I laughed sardonically.
''Well, good thing Vic is gay.'', I giggled insecurely. Gabe raised his hands pacifying.
''Not anymore. Officially it was just a phase. And most of the people didn't even know in the first place so. No, he's totally straight now!'' Sarcasm didn't really fit in this conversation, I thought. This was serious! This was mean and wrong! I had never thought Vic's parents would suggest him to marry a girl, mostly because they knew about his sexual orientation! Why didn't he protest? He was twenty-four fucking years old and therefore of full age. I scoffed discontented.
''What do you think about it?'', Gabe wanted to know. I scratched my cheek.
''Uh, I … I don't like it. It's sad. Actually I always expected him to be a little more rebellious against his parents ...'' I hesitated. Yeah, rebellion didn't really work the first time, so why should it now.
''… But you said it's arranged, so it's not like he really wants it. God fucking damn it ...'' I messed my hair frustrated and tried to find any sign of sympathy in Gabe's face.
''… I guess there is maybe a chance he would not marry that girl. If he knew … knew I am here!'' The words came out of my mouth without permission, although I had to admit they were true.
''So you think he still loves you.'', Gabe guessed and folded his hands in his lap. I lowered my gaze.
''I hoped so. That's kind of why I came back.''
''I thought so.'' my friend sighed and patted my knee.
''Gabe?''
''Alexander?'' Suddenly I smirked and looked up in his brown eyes.
''We totally should crush this wedding!'' Gabe seemed to consider this spectacular project for a second then grinned and nodded.
''Well, I mean it's awkward and it's kind of wrong … so it's something for us.'' I blinked bewildered. Not that I actually thought he would agree with me, I didn't really consider this transaction myself.
''Uh, okay. Why is it awkward?''
''Did you ever jump into a room full of Mexicans and kidnapped a member of their circle?''
''No, not really. I'm not having such criminal energy in my body.'', I said and quickly contemplated something.
''So it's res judicata! We...''
''What?'' Gabe was confused and not clear on the situation.
''Means: absolute decided matter, or something like that. Whatever, we will save Vic from getting married, alright?'' The taller guy nodded and got up. I grabbed our mugs and followed him into the kitchen.
''When did you say was the wedding?'', I asked nervously.
''Uhm, the twenty-forth of august, which is next Saturday. At five o'clock.'' Gabe frowned as I put down the mugs on his counter.
''It would be better if nobody knew I am here, right?'', I determined. My friend agreed and grabbed his cellphone that was laying next to the stove.
''Jack should probably come over with my backpack and then we can concoct a plan.'', I added eagerly. Gabe was typing into his cellphone and nodded.
''I will ask him to do that. Right now I'm texting Mike if he is working tonight. We need him and I hope he isn't spied on anymore.''

A few minutes later Jack had arrived and Gabe had announced he would be meeting up with Mike later tonight. We had figured out the basic concept of what we wanted to do. Well, everybody would know what to do. Walk in on the ceremony, take Vic's hand and leave. But it wasn't that simple. Vic's family was high class, very important. They had a massive amount of property and knew every important person, politcians, tycoons and celebs. They had security, private detectives, cameras and all kinds of obstacles. For what was sure was that Gabe would attend the wedding and send text messages to me. Next point, buying a new cellphone for me, after I lost mine somewhere in Asia. Jack would be our getaway car driver, even though this wasn't the best option. After all Gabe needed to stay at the wedding. Our partner in crime would be Mike who would pack a bag with Vic's things that I would take with me afterward. Moreover Mike could let Jaime and Tony in on our plan at the wedding. It wasn't safe to tell them now. Being Vic's best friends Gabe and Mike couldn't be sure if they were spied on. Actually we could talk to Mike because his parents had already disinherited him for not following the paths they planed for him. Moreover his whole body was covered with tattoos and he smoked. Not an image that was bearable apparently. However Gabe and I needed suits. He because he had to attend the ceremony, and me to be on the safe ride in case somebody would see me walking around. My rich songwriter friend knew an exclusive tailor who would visit us within the next days. And I'm mentioning rich because Gabe insisted on buying an iPhone and the suit for me. I told him I had enough money, but he couldn't be stopped.

During the last six months I had worked and I had traveled. Just like a lot of students do after school. But I had other reasons. The time between moving out of my parents house and leaving, I lived in a tiny apartment. I basically could cook sitting on my bed. My car had no seat belt and was almost twenty years old. In hindsight, driving it wasn't the safest decision, but hell we Americans love driving, don't we? However my job as a barkeeper didn't really bring that much income, but I always managed to put a few dollars aside. I didn't buy every new iPhone that was created and I didn't run to Starbucks every day. So my bank balance had climbed to an amount which would be adequate for traveling when the time had come. I had always planned on quitting my job, selling my car, packing my life into a backpack and buying a one-way ticket to wherever and go on from there without a plan. And it wouldn’t have been hard to do just that if I hadn't met a cute boy with Mexican roots. Vic Fuentes turned my whole plan around and I decided to stay in San Diego to spend as much time with him as I could. This worked out for almost five months until his parents got wind of a possible boyfriend. Oh yeah, I was the natural enemy of this family. Not Mexican, not rich and gay! I met them once and tried to talk Vic out of believing he should listen to his parents many times. But he was a family person and he somehow loved his parents, just like a son should. So what had to happen happened, we fought a few times. He defended his parents, but still reassured that he wanted to keep our relationship going and I opened up about my traveling plans. In short one day he broke up with me. Not like a normal break up though. There was no evidence, but I always thought something or someone made him do it. Just the look in his dark brown eyes made me believe he didn't mean the words he spoke. The situation came down to what caused my sudden departure. Within a few days I terminated my apartment contract, sold my car, said goodbye to my friends and left. I finally did what I wanted to do all along. Nevertheless I was here and wanted to ruin a wedding and draw hope from the fact that it was an arranged one. The only person that could hold me here would be retrieved from doing a possible huge mistake. And when he would tell me he wanted to marry that girl then there was no way I could or would stop him. Jack could drive him back and I would probably drown myself in the pacific ocean while trying to swim back to Australia.

However the wedding was a week away and I wasn't allowed to go outside. Good thing Gabe owned like every playstation game a guy at my age would like. Jack visited us a few times and I listened to Gabe composing a new jingle for some tequila commercial.
''Hey Gabe, did you ever drink Desperados?'', I asked him two days before the wedding. I was laying on his couch, munching hands full of 'Flamin' hot Cheetos con Limon'. Gabe looked up from his piano and answered:
''No. What is it?''
''A beer, flavored with tequila. I don't think you can get it in the states. I drank it first at a concert in Hamburg … uh Germany.'', I told him. With a sigh I put away the package and stared at it. I couldn't eat that stuff anymore, I was just too anxious. Two days until we would implement our plan. Two days until I could start a happy new life or probably wallow in self-pity.

It was Saturday. The day of the wedding! I slept like one hour the whole night and felt like shit. Meanwhile Gabe was full of beans and confident about the whole plan. Do you mind if I throw up in your living room, Gabe?! Moreover we didn't need to head to the Fuentes Mansion before late afternoon. Hours of waiting, in which I couldn't eat or stand still. I literally would have driven Gabe insane if he hadn't left twice. First to get our suits, second to find a nice wedding present, even though Cassadee and Vic wouldn't receive it. So maybe he just bought it for himself. A handblown Schnapps Carafe with an Ice Container and four shot glasses, all nestled in a gift box. Clearly something he would like to have. If he had already filled booze into that thing I would have probably tried to drink everything, but Gabe didn't want me to lose all control over my body by getting wasted. Yeah, perhaps Vic wouldn't like any drunken love confessions or something along those lines.

Around four pm Jack arrived in front of the beach loft. He came inside, joked about his empty gasoline tank and complimented me on my new suit. Instantly I felt the urge to shower again. I was sweating balls and my hands were ice cold! My hair didn't look alright and I felt sick. Best condition to crash a wedding!
''So can we please go now?! I wanna be in time!'', I begged and pushed my best friend to the front door again. With a smirk on his lips Gabe grabbed the present from the living room table, put on his black sunglasses and followed us into the hallway.
''Vamos!''

Jack stopped his car a few streets away from the Fuentes Mansion and turned the engine off.
''Okay, Jack, hopefully we'll be back soon, with Vic.'', I predicted and loosened my tie. It was hard to breath inside the black VW Jetta, and not only because it was summer in San Diego.
''Can I drive to the next Starbucks and come back as fast as I can?'', my best friend requested. I shook my head angrily.
''No, you idiot! Who knows when we'll be back!''
''Maybe they have to run from a Mexican gang and then there is no one in the car.'', Gabe approved. So Jack shrugged and sighed.
''Okay, so I will turn up the music and sing really awful to Britney Spears or whatever is on the radio.'' Gabe raised his brows and looked over his shoulder to me sitting in the backseat.
''That would be a little too conspicuous, I think. Don't know what the neighbors here are like. Just … play Candy Crush Saga on your phone or something like that. Maybe I can send you a message, when everything is going down.'', he suggested and opened the car door. I opened mine as well and got out with stiff legs.
''Good luck, buddies!'', Jack yelled after us, before we closed the car doors. Gabe patted my back and pushed me forward.
''Calla, Alex!'' No, I wouldn't be quiet and relaxed now! My heart was beating faster than it would after a marathon and Gabe's Spanish palaver could suck my dick.
''We just walk until we can discern the house. After that we will do exactly what we planned, alright?'', my friend whispered, while walking down the sidewalk.
''Yeah. Yeah. Alright.''

A few more steps and we could see the house. There were already a few people standing outside, probably saying hello to the groom and parents. I had a lump in my throat. Shit was about to go down. We would be getting caught. Victor Vincent Fuentes would marry Cassadee Blake Pope. Everything could just go wrong! I was neither a ninja nor spider man.
''Actually, what if there is someone watching the camera displays?'', I asked nervously, when we stopped.
''Nobody ever does that. They just have them, in case something happens it is recorded.''
''Sure.'' Gabe nodded insuring, but I was sure he just did it to cheer me up.
''However, Alex. I gotta go and say hi to Vic and the others. As soon as I can I'll send you a message.'' Now I was the one nodding and grabbed my friends arm.
''This will work, right?'' Gabe rolled his eyes and shrugged.
''This is not Hollywood. So I can just say: Mucha suerte … if you know w...''
''Yeah, I know what it means. Thanks. Just go, okay. I'll do this … somehow.'' Gabe grinned and walked off. Okay, hopefully it wouldn't take him too long to get inside the huge, almost intimating building. Vines hung low on the walls and the high iron fence surrounded the perimeter of the house. Of course the gate was open. The rest was not important right now. I looked at my cellphone and texted Jack.
>Gabe is now greeting the people in front of the house.< No answer. Oh great! Well, he probably didn't hear it. I started pacing back and forth. I started to think. What was happening right now? Greeting the guests, a few minutes. Then the ushers go in first, followed by the guests. How long would it take for them to sit down? Like twenty minutes? Should I walk back to Jack's car? Well, no, I already was on my mission. I looked at my cellphone. Five minutes after five. Would it be too risky to mingle in the guests and then walk around the house? I mean, how many people actually knew me? Like seven? No, definitely too risky. So I had to wait.

After what seemed like forever I got a text message. I jumped at the piercing sound and made a step forward. I should turn the sound down, maybe even better use vibration.
>I'm inside now. People are sitting down. Let's meet at the bathroom. If you go around the right side of the house, the first window, it's open now.<
>Okay. I'm coming.< I answered and started walking. Now there was no turning back. It's on!

I tried to look really natural while approaching the huge house. Just a late guest. A guy in a suit. Way too late for the big wedding. Actually I wasn't late at all. However I almost ran across the driveway, stopped at the house wall and looked out for open windows. With quick steps I sneaked off to the window Gabe mentioned. In fact there was only one opened window on the first floor. I took a deep breath and pulled myself up on the window sill and managed to get myself inside the house.
''Hell, Alex! You scared me to death!'', Gabe said really sarcastically. I brushed off my suit pants with my hands and looked up.
''Eww Gabe, I thought meeting at the bathroom wouldn't include peeing.'' My friend backed up from the toilet and did his zip up. I closed the window quietly.
''Well, I waited for you.'' He went over to the sink and washed his hands. I took a look around. The bathroom was not exactly small. A spotless mirror vanity adorned the whole left wall, the counter tops were made of quart blocks and golden taps. The walls were champagne colored with also golden details around the borders. The floor tiles were white. In any other circumstance I would have praised the interior designer, but this was not a normal situation; I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to live here or even to just use the toilet. The door to my right was the gate-way to our plan. I knew how it looked behind that door. A large corridor, high ceilings and wide setting of the old building made me shiver. I've been here once before. It was night and I wanted to pick Vic up, but he told me to wait in the hallway, so he could be sure his parents were asleep. Suddenly the door handle was pushed down. Luckily the door was locked. I jumped around and looked at Gabe. He winked and yelled:
''I will take a little bit longer! Digestive trouble! You should use the bathroom on the second floor!'' Apparently the person in front of the door left and I whispered:
''Great, now some person thinks you're having diarrhea.'' Gabe shrugged and giggled.
''I don't think it was a hot person, didn't sound like one.'' I grinned and frowned. Maybe it was Vic's mother, or some sexy cousin.
''Actually Gabe, I never knew if you like boys or girls ...'' My friend stared at me disbelievingly.
''And actually Alexander, I never knew you were dumb. How long do we know each other? Two years? However, of course I like every kind of sex. As long as the person is hot, has money and we have glorious sex.''
''Uh, okay.'', I stammered and shrugged. He was right I met him some night, when I was at a bar with Jack. First I wasn't sure if he flirted with me, but I soon had to realize that Gabe was just Gabe. What I didn't knew was that Gabe knew Vic. One year passed before everything happened with us.
''Maybe you should go soon. I bet the parents wouldn't like if you were late.'', I suggested.
''I think I'm not of particular importance. I'm not a family member.''
''You're Vic's friend. Which is as good as family.'' Gabe looked at his cellphone and nodded.
''Yeah, pretty far from that actually. Not even a bit Mexican.''
''Uruguayan. And you speak Spanish so … what were we talking about? Ah well, just tell me what I should do now.'' Gabe smirked and nudged my side.
''You'll wait until we are inside the pavilion thing in the garden...''
''What? I need to go outside again?'' Gabe nodded and pointed to his left.
''If you go through the glass door in the living room you will see it. I thought you were here before?''
''Yeah, but I've never seen the garden. So there is a tent or what? Will someone see me?'', I asked worried.
''It's a giant pavilion with like curtains or how you call it. If they are closed you can sneak up to us, I think. Then you wait again and...''
''Jump inside and get Vic. Uh, where did Mike want to put the bag?''
''In the bushes, somewhere were your escape way will be.'' I nodded nervously and clapped my hands together. So far so great. There were no guard dogs that could maul us. And he could probably run faster than Vic's parents.
''Ok, see you later buddy.'', I somehow managed to say and stepped behind the door. Gabe smiled at me and then cautiously opened the bathroom door. Apparently there was no one in the hallway so he winked at me and left. I closed the door behind him and took a deep breath. I could still jump out of the window and run away. I could totally do that, a little voice in my head told me. But another more prominent voice told me to do what my heart wanted me to do! I couldn't just let this boy marry a girl he didn't loved!

A few more minutes passed until I got a new message. I jumped up from the bathtub edge and looked at my cellphone.
>Music started playing. Groom and best man are inside.> I started pacing back and forth. How long would it take now? The bridesmaids should make their entrance next. Then the parents, or just the bride's mother, I didn't really know. However the usher needed to get inside this pavilion thing, too. Maybe I should go before the bride is inside. I mustn't come too late!
>tell me when only the bride is missing so I can sneak into the living room<, I wrote Gabe and peeked through the keyhole. Still there was no one around the bathroom. Good. I walked over to the huge bathroom mirror and looked inside. Pale face and my hands were really sweaty. Gross! Good thing my shirt and suit jacket wouldn't show sweat stains. I tried to stare myself down. It kind of worked because I was now afraid that Bloody Mary would haunt me later. Then my cellphone rang.
>you can come now. Be careful they will be waiting in the living room too>

My heart started beating faster and I needed two attempts to open the door. In slow-motion I pushed my head through the gap between door and door case and waited a moment. I didn't hear anything so I literally ran across the Persian carpet and timber floor boards. I had to risk a few seconds of being observable until I jumped behind a couch in the living room. I felt white leather under my fingertips and I tried to slow down my panicked breathing. I acted with caution when I straightened up again to have a better view. I could see into the big garden and also I spotted a white painted pole. That had to be the pavilion everybody was in now. I got out my cellphone to tell Gabe I was in the living room, but the second I looked down I heard steps.
''Fuck, where did I leave the ring ...'' Jaime walked into the living room. I looked at him. He stared at me. Then I literally fell to the ground. Fuck!
''Hey Jaime, what're you doing?'', a girly voice asked. I held my breath.
''I'm right back! I need to get the ring!'' Hasty footsteps faded away.
''Are you nervous, Cass?'', a man's voice wanted to know. Holy shit, this had to be the bride and her father! I inhaled cautiously and leaned forward. Not much, just enough to get a glimpse of the bride. The girl was rather small and had flowing maroon colored hair that was kind of pinned back. Long blonde streaks were shown on either side of her face. Her wedding dress was figure-skimming and strapless. As far as I was concerned it was made from white lace and satin.
''A bit.'', Cassadee answered in a melodic voice. I bit my lip. I kind of felt sorry for her. I would totally ruin this wedding and she looked so gorgeous. I had to admit that even though I was gay and wanted to kidnap her groom-to-be.
''Actually I need to go to the toilet.'', she confessed and turned back to the door. I hid behind the couch again and prayed for a miracle. Good thing I wasn't there anymore. The two people left the room. I somehow thought her father went with her to make sure he would hear her climbing outside the window. Now I had time to get over my shock. Jaime saw me, didn't he? Maybe he thought I was just a figment. Perhaps he already had a drink or whatever. What if he would look for me when he returned? I needed to get out of here, but Jaime, Cassadee and her father could return any moment! Going outside would be dangerous too. So I needed to stay here and hope for the best. Then I heard steps again and I bit my lip in anticipation.
''My precious!'', Jaime called out in creepy Gollum voice. I hold back a snort and bit my lip even harder. Okay, the ring was on it's way now.
''Mr. Preciado, hurry up!'' I heard the bride's father head back into the room, followed by clicking heels.
''Uh … yeah.'' Oh my god, why was he hesitating?! I couldn't dare to come out of my hideout, but what if Jaime was about to look for me!? Then I heard leaving footsteps. I waited for a few seconds until I was sure no one was there anymore. I exhaled antsy. I needed to follow them.

Step by step I moved forward, across the living room, to the terrace door. A few steps over slaps, nervously looking around. Everybody had to be inside the big pavilion thing in front of me. White wooden slats, draped with champagne colored draperies and curtains with claret-red cords covered the inside.
<I'm standing outside. Jack needs to know> I tapped into my phone. Hopefully nobody would leave the pavilion now! But it sounded like the ceremony was in full swing. As silent as possible I stepped next to the curtains that formed the door and I eavesdropped.
''Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God, and in the face of this company ...'' I rolled my eyes and suddenly had this Panic! At The Disco song stuck in my head. What a beautiful wedding, what a beautiful wedding, says a bridesmaid to a waiter, oh yes, but what a shame, what a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore … sorry Cassadee, didn't mean it like that. However I began to chew my bottom lip again and stared at my phone.
''Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy ...'' I held back a laughter. This priest had no idea! Or maybe he had, but he was just doing his job. When exactly did I need to jump inside anyway?
''Through marriage, Victor Vincent Fuentes and Cassadee Blake Pope make a commitment together to face their ...'' My cellphone display lid up and I opened the text message.
<he knows. Keep calm we'll do this. Oh by the way Vic looks good :P> I stared daggers at Gabe who was sitting somewhere inside this pavilion.
''We are here today, before God, because marriage is one of his most sacred wishes, to witness the joining in marriage of Victor Vincent Fuentes and Cassadee Blake Pope.'' I lay my hand against the curtain to feel for the slit. My fingers shivered so I tried to concentrate on the words that were spoken.
''Who gives this woman in marriage to this man?'', the priest asked. Another voice rose:
''Her family and friends gathered here today do!'' This must've been Cassadee's father. Okay, okay, okay, final countdown.
''By gathering together all the wishes of happiness and our fondest hopes for Victor Vincent Fuentes and Cassadee Blake Pope from all present here, we assure them that our hearts are in tune with theirs.'' God dammit now ask that stupid question! I was about to start pacing back and forth but reminded myself I couldn't do that. So my head started rambling. I would jump inside and save Vic. Yeah, so much to that. The plan had never really covered the part where I needed to run inside the wedding ceremony. What if people would hold me back?! What if I fell over my own feed?! What if Vic wouldn't even want to go!? Well, I could go back to Europe or somewhere else, far far away. Hopefully Vic's parents would never know Gabe had something to do with today. Probably they would find a way to ruin his carrier or even worse. Perhaps he could come with me. And what about Jack? He is my best friend, would I be able to leave him behind for good? And most important could I leave Vic behind? I didn't know. I couldn't say. I just hoped I wouldn't be in need of doing such a thing.
''Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.'' Holy shit! This was my cue! Get in there, Alex Gaskarth!

There was silence inside the pavilion, but all I heard was my pumping heart. I grabbed the curtain fabric and pulled it aside. A sharp sound. All heads turned around, all eyes were on me. I took one, two, three big steps until I was standing in the middle of the pavilion. Chairs that matched with the cords that held the curtains were filled with more than hundred people. This building didn't look that huge from the outside. I stopped and looked the priest dead in the eye.
''No! I don't want them to get married!'' The priest looked a little bewildered and blinked. I put up with that and started looking around. All kind of Mexican people, not only but mostly. Gabe's amused face with an assuring smile on his lips. The bridesmaids wearing champagne colored chiffon dresses with a demure cowled neckline. All of them looking a mix between sanguine and scared. Mike kind of fist-pumped the air and grinned. Tony and Jaime looked somehow relieved. Cassadee's and Vic's parents looked horrified, angry and ready to murder me. The mothers wore awful tailored pastel-colored dresses, fathers in solemn suits. Cassadee's face showed no emotions at all, like she didn't even knew what to think about all this. And then I finally focused my eyes on Vic. His mouth was slightly open, color drained from his tanned face. In shock he stared at me and I stared back, trying to send him a message. Leave this place! Come with me!

Suddenly I noticed more people standing up. Jaime, Mike, Tony, Gabe, even some of the other guests! They were my encouragement, right?
''Don't you dare! Someone take this boy away!'' Mrs Fuentes jumped up, as well as her husband. The Pope's followed their example and it seemed like the whole pavilion got out of control. A few young men turned around and approached me. Old people began to complain. All kind of people mumbled and whispered. For another moment I looked at the motionless Vic, then I cursed to myself. Just when the first young man, he actually was Mexican, blocked my view I jumped forward and ran across the aisle. I stopped in front of Vic and reached out. My lips stretched into a small smile and I begged:
''Don't say yes. Run away with me. Now!'' The long haired man frowned with a smirk. What was he thinking? I raised my brows, almost expecting a no. Then Vic nodded. From the corner of my eye I noticed Cassadee stepping aside, then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I had no time to turn around because suddenly I felt a warm hand in my own. A delighted laugh escaped my mouth and I spun us around. A few people stood in the aisle, all staring at us, but no one really did anything. Apparently the surprise effect was on our side, so I started running with Vic next to me. I heard calls of outrage, amused laughter and I saw people standing up or turning around. I couldn't care less. I felt Vic's hand in mine and in the twinkling of an eye we were outside, running across the neat grass. Was there someone behind us? Would someone try to stop us at all?

Hectically I looked around for the bag Mike had left somewhere here. I didn't hear steps so I slowed down and pulled Vic closer to the rose bushes next to the house wall.
''Here!'' I noticed a khaki-camo-colored backpack and bend forward to grab the carry handle. There was a blue snap back cap with a red peak attached to the handle. I laughed and took it of. The tumult behind us got louder so I hastily put the cap on Vic's head.
''Better.'', I winked and pulled the Mexican man along. He was giggling and pressed my hand affectionately. Now we took our heels and rushed to the street Jack had parked his car. I opened the door on the pavement side, let Vic jump in and followed suit.
''Hi Vic.'', Jack said and hit the gas.
''Hi.'', the not-anymore-groom answered shyly. The car rushed across a crossroad and I kind felt like we were in a James Bond movie. But then Jack would be Mr. Bond and who would be the beautiful lady? However Jack changed the radio station while driving around a corner and then decided to play a CD instead. I sent a quick prayer to heaven and hoped it wasn't a bad idea to chose Jack as our getaway car driver. I tried to keep my breath steady, while my best friend drove in a westward direction. My eyes wandered over to Vic nervously. He didn't say anything yet, apart from the greeting. He was smiling, probably daydreaming. Or he was just avoiding me? I'd tell him that I missed him and all that stuff, but I didn't know how yet and also was the music pretty loud and Jack was in the car too. Moreover I wasn't even sure if we would survive this drive. So I had to wait.

Not very long though. Gabe and me hadn't really planned where to bring me and Vic, but apparently Jack knew. I somehow guessed he was driving to the beach. Indeed Jack parked his black VW near a grassy area with trees and other plantings.
''We're here. See you later.'', Jack announced and turned his head to face us. I opened my mouth and looked at Vic. He hesitated.
''I think you can leave the bag here. I … uh, we … I just wanted to talk first.'', I stammered and opened the car door to my right. I got out of the vehicle and walked around it to meet Vic on the other side. Without speaking we approached the stairways that led to a small, secluded and sandy beach. Of course I somehow knew what I wanted to say, but theory and practice where two different kind of things.
''Thank you for … uh saving me.'', Vic suddenly said and touched my arm. Okay, looked like I wouldn't need to start the conversation. I blinked sheepishly and pulled at my clothes. We had to make a funny view, two men in suits on the beach.
''You didn't had to do it though.'', Vic said humbly. I looked up and shook my head angrily.
''No, of course I had to! If not me someone else had done it anyway … I mean you're friends wouldn't let you marry someone you don't love!'' We stared at each other until Vic shook his head. I opened my mouth perplexed, but he was already talking again.
''They would because I told them it was okay.'' He sighed.
''I didn't know you were back in town.'', he added as if that would explain everything. Then he started walking. I followed close to his side, dodging the huge rocks that lay along the cliff.
''Gabe and I thought it would be better.'', I stated and Vic uttered a brief laugh. Apparently he had already suspected Gabe.
''Now let me get this straight. Why were you marrying her in the first place?'' I just had to ask, even though I had already known the answer. Potentially Vic had expected that question, so he replied:
''It was advantageous … for my parents.'' He adjusted his cap and continued.
''Well, a business deal. Cassadee and me, we're both descendants of very rich families, nothing new. Dad wanted to be nominated for the mayoral election and they wanted me to take part in our business, you know, everything I told you about ...'' Vic ran out of words and sighed again. I had watched him curiously and hell, the few words I had understood held the information I already knew. Like, there was nothing else? No other reason?
''I didn't fight it … I didn't see a reason why … I …'' Vic looked up to find me staring at him and he blushed. Damn, he was so attractive and I couldn't believe how much I missed him right in this second. But a compliment would be inappropriate. So I just tried to read his face, if he would say something else. He didn't; he looked over to a flock of brown pelicans that rested near the water.
''Vic?'' He turned his head back to me and gulped.
''Your parents probably hate you now, right?'' The Mexican boy laughed nervously.
''Yeah, probably. Even more than Mike, maybe.''
''No son to inherit the family company.'', I went on.
''Not anymore, I guess.''
''Both sons banned from social circles?''
''As well, yes.'' He looked at me and tried a brief smirk. But he seemed sad still.
''I feel really bad for crushing the wedding. Not that Cassadee and I were in a relationship ...''
''I don't regret it.'', I declared and grabbed Vic's arm. It was time to take the initiative.
''You said I saved you. Does this mean you will come with me?'' I dropped the bomb. Finally. I needed to know now! Vic bit his tongue and hummed.
''I uh … where did you think we should go?'' I shrugged.
''God dammit Victor Vincent Fuentes, you have nothing tying you down here. You can live everywhere! Look at me, I got to see the world ...''
''That's all what you ever wanted! Your biggest wish!'', Vic snapped at me. My eyes widened puzzled and I let go of his arm. But then I noticed a shine in his eyes. He was about to cry.
''Six months ago I told you to leave so you could go live your dream!'' His voice was trembling and he crossed his arms in front of his chest.
''I didn't want to hold you off this dream, only because I had commitments I wasn't ready to break.'' A single tear rolled down his cheek and I just couldn't cope with that anymore. Our plan had been to save him from marrying a girl he didn't love, not making him sad. So I placed my hands on either side of his face, forcing his gaze to stay locked on mine.
''Vic, I've come back because I saw the world. But no place on this earth could be as beautiful as San Diego. And why? Not because of the beach and the good weather. No. Because you are here! But not San Diego, nor any other country I've been to would be pretty enough, if I couldn't be with you.'' I ended my speech and blinked confused. Did he get my point? Was I rambling?
''I, I … Alex ...'', Vic mumbled amazed. I laughed at him.
''Oh my god, you don't understand how I missed you. And how much I wanted to kiss you every day, to fall asleep with you, to watch movies with you, to cook with you, or cuddle with you, or hold your hand. Everything I did on my journey, I wanted to do it with you.'', I confessed. Then I felt Vic's body shaking and I saw another tear.

It's been way too long since Vic had kissed me. And the kiss made up for every word that was left unsaid between us. Vic was pressing himself against me and my hands have moved into his curly hair, which caused the cap to fall down, but we couldn't care less. I heard him whimpering apologies, telling me how bad he felt for breaking up with me and how much he had missed me. And I didn't know what to do. Kissing the smaller boy occasionally, arms wrapped around his slim waist, I still wasn't sure if Vic would be coming with me. Shifting around a bit I whispered into his ear:
''Are you coming with me then?'' Vic rested his head on my shoulder, then giggled and leaned up to give me a soft kiss.
''Of course, Alex. I love you.'' He finally said it! Now I could be sure everything was okay! Hearing those three words now felt a thousand times better than it had felt hearing it in my head all those nights. A wide smile appeared on his face and I grinned down at him.
''I love you so much! I'm sorry that your family hates you because of me.'' Vic shook his head disappointed.
''No! No, I have to be sorry for pushing you away and not coming with you back then. And besides that, Mike still likes me.'' I smirked and pulled Vic even closer to press a kiss onto his hair.
''Really? Well, too bad I like you more.'', I joked and added:
''I love you.'' Vic pulled me down for another kiss and when we both needed to take a breath he asked:
''Let's go back to the car, alright? I don't want to risk my parents getting a helicopter to search for us.''

Jack was leaning against his car when we approached him. He grinned happily and I was sure we mirrored his face. Suddenly my cellphone vibrated in my suit pants and I got it out curiously. Gabe.
<The parents threw everybody out :D Cassadee has left with a handsome gentleman called Rian and I am sitting with Mike, Tony and Jaime in a bar :D how are you guys doing?> I read the message out loud and looked at Vic. He shrugged, Jack started laughing.
''Guess they're having a good time. My parents not so much. Maybe I should call them and explain why ...''
''Are you crazy?'', Jack wanted to know with raised eyebrows.
''At least wait until you have a flight ticket, then you can present them with a fait accompli.'', I agreed and let my arm slip around Vic's waist.

The next day we all met at LAX. Gabe, Jack, Mike, Tony, Jaime, Vic and me. Our flight to Madrid was booked and who knew when we would return. Hugs were exchanged. We heard a lot of goodbyes and jokes that I shouldn't lose my phone again and stuff. I surely wouldn't this time. Because now Vic was coming with me, we would visit so many places and I would keep the contact to our friends back home.
''But please don't send us your sex tapes on accident.'', Gabe begged and ruffled my hair.
''We can try that.'', Vic answered, while I blushed.
''At least Vic doesn't look like a kindergarten child anymore with that huge backpack.'', Mike chimed in and patted his brother’s back. We had checked in our bags earlier.
''I think it's time for you to go.'', Tony remarked and looked at the watch above our heads. We all sighed and said goodbye again. Finally I grabbed Vic and dragged him to the part of the airport where our friends weren't allowed to follow us.
''Te amo.'', I whispered, while focusing on a bench to sit on. Vic looked up and pecked my lips.
''Te amo, Alex.''
♠ ♠ ♠
helloooo I'm back! Finally I got around to finish something new...there is more to come but well...I need my time. Thank you for reading though! And I would like to read your comments please ;) thanks :P

and also: my other stories/one shots

my tumblr
(any questions? suggestions?)