Broken Facades

Pranks (Chapter 1)

“Olive!” Vic stormed onto the bus, letting the door swing open in the wind. He held the remnants of what was his favorite guitar. “I-” She stood up, looking him over. His shirt was soaking wet, his hair a mess. She could see a few scratches on his knees, just below where his cut off jeans ended. The boys had been playing pranks on each other again. She sighed, picking at her fingernails. Life on warped gets boring, Olive knew that, but breaking guitars just wasn't okay. "I'm sorry, Liv. Can you get someone to lend me one for our set? At least until we can get my others shipped here?" He pouted at her. She hated when people used her nickname, it made her feel like she was back in 3rd grade.
"Why can't you just borrow one from Tony?" She tapped her foot impatiently. She was supposed to be setting up for their set right about now.
"We, uh..." He struggled to find his words. They had obviously broken one or two of his as well. He pushed the hair out of his face, becoming frustrated with himself, "Could you please just go and ask Jack to lend me one? They just finished their set."
Olive tried her hardest to refuse, she really did; but this was her job, and despite any personal beliefs she had to go and she knew that. Vic was her boss first, friend second. Without another word she shuffled out of the bus, wincing at the broken strings and cracked body laying on the ground. She made her way over to All Time Low's bus, desperately hoping she would run into one of their merch guys instead; anything to avoid talking do those assholes. Everyone thought they were so funny but no one really saw them outside of the interviews and shenanigans on stage. In reality they were just a bunch of drunken jerks who ran onto her bus every night at 3. They were loud and obnoxious and just a pain to be around. She approached the bus, looking around again in hopes that Flyzik or Vinny would come running over and talk to her. No such luck, though.
Olive let the door swing open, gently shutting it as she lifted herself up onto the first step. She peeked around the corner seeing only two guys sitting in the room. One didn't have a shirt on, which let her see the few tattoos on his chest and arms. She recognized him from a few of the parties that Jaime dragged her to, but he didn't talk much so they never really met. She tried to remember his name...'was this Jack? No, Jack was the loud one. This had to be the other one...Zack!'
The other man coughed, giving Olive a questioning glance. She noticed that she'd been staring at Zack for a while now. "Did you need something, love?" Olive felt like she was going to vomit. She'd heard about him; Alex. He was always flirting and would bring some random merch girl back to the bus almost every night. It was so gross.
"Uh. Yeah." Olive scratched the back of her neck, feeling nervous under Alex's stare. What was he looking at? Did she look fat? Was her make up smudged from sweat? She sighed, coming back to reality. "Where's Jack?"
Alex pointed at the closed door leading to the bunk area, shaking his head only slightly. "Napping." Olive's eyes lit up and it was as if her feet couldn't take her out of the bus soon enough.
"Oh okay, I won't bother you guys then." She muttered, storming down the few stairs leading to the bus entrance. Just as she reached for the door handle she felt someone grab her shoulder, pulling her back in.
"Woah there," It was Alex. He somehow led her back into the lounge area, "You practically ran out of here. Do you hate me or something?" His eyebrows furrowed.
Olive frowned. He caught her off guard. How would he know that? She hasn't talked to the guy for two minutes and he already knows she hates him. She felt a slight pang of guilt, knowing that she really hadn't given him a fair chance. But he was obnoxious when he was drunk; couldn't be much different sober, right? ...Right?
"I-uh. No- you don't- I don't," She stumbled over words, trying to find the nicest way to say 'You're annoying and you should stay off of my bus when you're shitfaced.' Nothing came to mind.
"No, I mean, that's word. I don't care. Just thought we could've been good friends is all." He shrugged, plopping back down on the tiny, leather couch. His entire being was just so nonchalant. Olive wondered why he even questioned her if he wasn't gonna give her a chance to explain herself.
She stood there for a minute more, looking dumbly at the man. Now that she saw him in daylight without having to hear him shouting profanities and being unnecessarily obnoxious, he really was attractive. His dark brown hair swept to one side, a beanie covering the undoubtedly messy bits. Stubble escaped his jawline and his strong arms rested across the back of the couch. He smirked at her, catching her staring. She flushed. He looked down, embarrassed that he embarrassed her. He stood up once again, rubbing his forearm with his opposite hand, "Come watch our set tomorrow, yeah?"
Wanting to escape, to go back to the safety of her bunk, she quickly nodded and raced out the bus, leaving Alex dazed and staring at the spot she once stood. He thought she was beyond beautiful. Her blond hair was overpowered by the blue dye covering most of it. Her eyes were the perfect shade of green. Her lips looked so soft, as did the her skin. He could stare at her for the rest of his life and be content.
He felt himself smiling. He shook it off. He couldn't let himself get soft on the guys. He jumped back onto the couch, turning to Zack almost forgetting that he had been sitting there in the first place, "Wanna play some xbox?" Zack only shook his head and smiled knowingly, grabbing a controller off of the counter next to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed! Sorry this one's a little slow, I promise it'll pick up in a little bit. Comments and recs would be much appreciated!
Much love, Nicole xx