Broken Facades

Olympics

Olive made her way back to the bus. The parking lot was cluttered with lawn chairs and coolers, likely filled with beer and a few water bottles, and to the left was the long line of busses. There were hundreds of busses, each almost identical; it would be a real miracle for her to be able to find her way back to Pierce the Veil's bus. Before she even had time to worry about that she spotted Sam across the lot. She had only recently met Sam Cross; they were both new to Warped so he understood her anxieties and worries about tour. He quickly locked the cash box and left the merch tent to the other guy sitting under it(he seemed happy to just have the shade on a hot day like this). Sam sprinted towards Olive, who's confusion quickly turned into worry.
"Where's the guitar?!" He shouted at her, crashing into a security guard. His curly hair bounced as he whipped around to mumble a quick apology, but the guard didn't look like he cared in the least. He reached Olive, panting, "Did you--" he he took a deep breath, wiping the beads of sweat from his forehead,"--get the guitar?" Olive's eyes squinted. She thought for a moment when the memory of the broken guitars came sweeping into her mind. She pushed the hair out of her face, turning to leave and turning back and pacing for a mere second.
"Fuck me," she whispered. She couldn't believe she forgot the very reason for her meeting with Alex.
"I....excuse me?" Sam looked bewildered. He was so innocent, it's hard to believe he'd even survived this long on Warped, and it had only been a few days. She lifted her hand and tried to say something, but quickly shook her head and turned, running back to where she had just come from.

"Mornin'," Jack wiped some crust out of his eyes and fiddled with the hem of his pajama pants.
"It's almost 5, Jack..." Rian muttered, his eyes locked on the tv. He and Alex were playing now as Zack got frustrated within the first 10 minutes of his competition with Alex. Jack just shrugged and peeked in the fridge, grabbing a coke. He nudged Alex to move down the couch to give him room to sit but Alex didn't budge. Just as he turned to go to the back lounge there was loud pounding on the door. Before anyone could move to answer it someone rushed in, collapsing on the stairs. She picked herself back up, too tired to even feel embarrassed. She gasped for breath but nothing seemed to come.
Alex glanced over and back at the game, but paused it as soon as his brain took everything in. "Olive! Back for more already?" He teased as his famous smirk crept onto his face. She held her stomach, desperately trying to gather air to speak. "What's wrong?"
"Gui-guitar..." She stuttered. "Vic's guitar is-- broken." The air slowly filled back into her lungs. "He needs one....now." She stared pleedingly at Jack, but could feel Alex's stare on her.
"Uh, yeah sure. Just give me a second," He turned to go back to the bunks but she grabbed his arm.
"No time!" She yelled as she pulled him out the door.

"Where the fuck is she?" Vic paces next to the main stage. Bring Me The Horizon just finished up their set a little while ago, so they had maybe 5 minutes to get the guitar and tune and set up. He heard yelling in the distance, shortly followed by a pair hand-in-hand. Jack was shirtless (as usual) and Olive was pulling him with all her might--which as a 5'2" girl was not much. "Thank, God..." Vic sighed, mostly to himself. Jack handed him the guitar; it had ATL's logo on it but it was better than nothing. Olive collapsed, shaking her head.
"I really should've renewed my gym membership before I came here. I didn't know there was this much running around involved." Vic just chuckled, knowing exactly how she felt. When you were late for a set the run from your bus to whatever stage you were on was like an Olympic trial. After a second he coughed, waiting expectantly. She looked up, her long blonde hair sticking to every piece of skin next to it.
"Ms. guitar tech, would you mind?" Vic held the guitar out and she just slumped down further. Jack wrapped his arms around her, pulling her up with ease.
"What the hell, Jack!" He smirked, knowing her feelings for him. She grabbed the guitar and tuned it smoothly. Everyday for the past 10 years she'd been playing, so tuning was nothing more than routine for her.
"Thanks, babe. You're the greatest." Vic gave her a lopsided hug, and turned to the stage. The band ran up the stairs and took their spots, the crowd exploding in cheers.
Jack turned and leaned down to her ear, "Isn't that the best sound in the world?" Olive, fed up and tired, just shrugged and twisted around to take her sweet time back to the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed! Comments and recs would be greatly appreciated xx Have a great day, lovelies.