Status: Updating Regularly.

Us Against the World.

Ten : Quinn

A/N: Any songs mentioned in this story, I don't own them. Copyrights go to the artists and music companies.

After the Halloween movie marathon with the boys, they headed to Harry and Louis’ to sleep and the next day we met them at the airport to say bye. I hugged Louis and he had grabbed my hand and kissed it before saying bye and boarding the plane that awaited them.

Meanwhile, back at home, I got settled back into my room as well as work. I tried to talk to Mel about Halloween, she didn't want to and I didn't want to push her. I just let it be for now.

But as fast as they left, they came back. But those two seemed to drag on, the boys came back and had about two days to relax before they started getting busy with recording and writing music for their new album coming out this month. Louis and I kind of talked now, when he left the studio and before he went to the studio.

My dad called me on a Wednesday and told me that his boss heard my tracks that my dad was fixing up and he said they want me to make an a album and see how people react to me. I was so excited and Mel was over beyond thrilled. I think she was happier than me. She knows I have been trying to get out there besides YouTube since before we graduated uni.

It was a cool, windy Saturday when Louis texted me asking if I wanted to hang out. I texted him back told him of course I did. I haven't seen him much since he came back. Time without him seems to drag on. But I was happy, I had so much to tell him. We were meeting up at The Gold Recorders, a diner that was a few minutes from me. As well as him.

After I got that text, I put everything down and got changed into fresh clothes. I looked at myself in the mirror smiling, I put on some lip gloss and walked downstairs. Mel was sitting on the couch as I picked up my knapsack, skateboard and keys. She looked at me and said, "Where are you going?"

"To meet Louis at The Gold Recorders, we are gonna talk and hang out." She grinned at my response and wiggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at her before saying, "Mel, stay out of it. We are just friends."

"For now!" She shouted as I shut the front door, I walked down the steps and got onto my skateboard then headed off to the diner.

~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~


I got to the diner and walked in after getting off my skateboard. The Gold Recorders has been around for maybe ten years or so. It looked like an old 50's diner with pictures of famous celebrities hanging on the walls. The booths were leather, a dark maroon color. Every two years, they get re-upholstered because teenagers and drunks like to tear them up. There was a place right infront of the kitchen where people could sit and order. This place was meant for truck drivers because right next door was a hotel. The truck drivers stayed for free.the rest of the diner was just usual as any other. Neon signs on the walls, the old women waitresses. The only difference is there was a karaoke station in the far corner.

Walking in, I spotted Louis and walked over to the booth he was sitting in. "Hey dear!"

He stood up and hugged me briefly before we both sat down, "How have you been?"

"Exhausted. It's been studio non-stop, love." He responded, I nodded before he asked me how I was.

"I'm absolutely amazing, Louis." I pulled out a copy of the contract that Sony's subsidiary Syco music made for me. He looked at it and smiled widely, "They want to give me an album. I'm so happy. I am supposed to start writing music and I am supposed to have strictly 4 covers on it as well."

"Congrats, love. I'm happy for you. How is the press taking it?"

"How do you think they would take it? They think I got this break because of you and my dad. But that's not true." I replied and he shook his head disprovingly, he grabbed my hand and we order a basket of chips and started to snack on them as he started telling me about the new album.

"The new album is going to be amazing, we have Ed Sheeran on the album helping us write." He added in smiling, I loved Ed Sheeran. No matter what.

We finished off the basket of chips and he grabbed my hand, "Do you want to come over and start writing?" He asked, I nodded.

We walked out after paying, then walked to Louis' place hand-in-hand. He started telling me all kinds of jokes, some were corny. That just caused me to laughed harder. Arriving to his place, we walked right in. Their flat was big and spacious. It looked like a boys flat, their were shirts on a recliner and there were papers on a table. It smelled like sweat and cologne. In their living room, there was a couch and a game system sat on a tv stand above a tv.

Louis called out Harry's name and there was no answer. We were alone.

My hands started sweating, being alone in public is fine but being alone in an apartment makes me nervous. There are so many things that could happen. Let's be honest, I know in my head I like him. We all know it, but I just have Rory and I'm not one to cheat.

Setting down my knapsack, I took a seat onto the couch and Louis asked if I wanted something to drink. I shook my head befire he turned on some lamps and then turned on the tv to the music channel. I smiled and pulled out my notebook and my phone which had the music beat apps on it.

"Okay, so where to start?" Louis asked picking up a notebook and a purple pen, I shrugged as I start flipping through some music choices on my phone.

~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~§~


It was almost 5 when I decided to take a break with Louis, we had found a few songs and written some. I stood up and stretched, my joints cracked and Louis stood up too. Making our way to the kitchen, I opened the fridge and pulled out a root beer as Louis pulled out a strawberry soda. I leaned against the counter softly as Louis smiled at me. "I'd never think that I would be at Louis Tomlinson's house, writing music with him for my own album! I'm glad Mel made me go to that party. It makes me happy that I met you lot. You guys are amazing."

He chuckled at me, I looked at him as he said, "You're an amazing person, love. You would've met us sooner or later."

"But let's face it, Lou. Would I have met you really? Or gotten to know you now? If I wouldn't have met Mel? I met you on a more personal level and now we work professional too." I replied taking a sip of root beer, Louis took a drink and set it down.

"I know, love." He pulled out his phone and started texting something before he snapped a picture of me, I rolled my eyes and asked, "Twitter?"

He nodded, grinning. I started humming Rhythm of Love as I pulled out my phone as well and shot Rory a text back seeing that he texted me more than 15 minutes ago.

"We may only have tonight, but til the morning Sun you're mine, all mine." I sang quietly, he chuckled as he grabbed my hand and we started swaying about as I continued to sing. Not watching where we were dancing, we knocked over his soda and it spill over the counter, some got on my shirt and a pink stain was starting to set in. We got towels, wet them then started cleaning it up off the counter, floor, and cabinets.

Louis saw that I had a strawberry stain on my shirt.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see that, do you want a shirt to change into?"

I looked down and saw the stain was bigger than I thought. We tried to dab it but it didn't work. I sighed and nodded, I followed him into his bedroom which was messy. There were clothes on the floor, and a guitar in one of the corners as well as a surfboard. He opened one of his drawers and pulled out a striped v neck shirt. Handing it to me, he smiled sweetly before walking out of the room so I could change. I pulled off the now sticky, wet shirt and pulled on Louis' shirt. It vaguely smelled like him, I smiled and Louis came back into the room and looked uncomfortable and flushed.

"Are you alright? You are flushed." I asked touching his shoulder before he nodded, I smiled and said, "How do I look?"

"Good, it fits you, love." I smiled at his response, he hugged me tight and kissed my head. As I pulled back, it went so fast I couldn't register it in my head. All I did was blink and the next thing I knew his lips were on mine. He tasted like strawberries and he smelled vaguely of some perfume. Before I knew what I was doing, I kissed him back. It was like a reaction, when it finally registered in my mind, I pushed him away. He looked hurt before he said, "Sorry. I'm sorry."

"I need to go, Mel's expecting me." I said walking past him, clearly blushing and ashamed. He grabbed my hand and said, "Wait, Quinn."

"I really need to go and I know what you are gonna say. I'm with Rory, I don't cheat." I replied as I took my hand out of his.

"Quinn.." he said as I gathered my things and started walking out the door. When I got out of his house and a few blocks down, I broke down and started crying. I sat on a bench and kept crying.

I don't know how long I was on that bench but it was dark out now. I had stopped crying and started walking home, it was pitch black except for the light posts that shone onto the street. I walked past the diner and Starbucks then finally got to my flat. I went up the stairs and walked in. Mel walked over to me and said, "Where have you Ben? I've been calling. It's nearly 8!"

Always motherly. I ignored her and went to my room, I flopped onto my bed and turned ny phone off before going to sleep.

Everything goes fine, and then someone messes it up. I like Louis. It's always look, don't touch. Because I had Rory, I have him. All I know now is that Christmas is gonna be a crap storm. For now, I'm going to ignore the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I don't own any songs in this chapter.

Enjoy, comment. Subscribe.