Status: Updating Regularly.

Us Against the World.

Sixteen : Quinn

After Mel left for her cousin's wedding, you could say those next two days were uneventful and somewhat annoying. Louis and I tried to lay around the house but notice the word 'tried'. My mom had other plans.

It was Saturday, the day before Louis and I had to head back and my mom, she woke us up before 12 in the afternoon. We could barely even get up after we had stayed up til 3 am just watching tv and talking. She wanted us to help her with her clothing lines, give her advice and tell her our opinions; she just wouldn't leave us alone. My dad had left that morning so it was just my mom, Louis, and me.

I yawned loudly as my mom continued to ask our opinions on some of the clothes she was showing us. Mom put her hands on her hips and sighed before looking at me, "What do you think of this one, Quinn?"

"It's cute, mom." I replied rubbing my face and laying my head back against the couch as Louis put his hand on my knee. "You've said that about the last 4 dresses."

My mom had a pouting look on her face before I rolled my eyes, "Look mom, I'm really tired. We've been doing this since Mel left. Can Louis and I just relax? We are here to be off from our normal lives, to relax. I'm not here to work, seriously. You do this every single time I come up here. Can we do something normal that doesn’t have to do with your job for once?”

"If you wanted to relax that's all you had to say. I thought you wanted to help" My mom said sadly before gathering up all her samples of clothes and walking out of the living room. "Is she gonna be alright?"

I shrugged my shoulders, I always feel bad after being honest with her cause she is my mom and she just gets under my skin sometimes, "She will stay upset and then call me in a week. It always happens."

He mumbled and ‘okay’ before he kissed my bare shoulder lightly before pulling me back to lean me against him. "This is nice, I could get used to this."

"Used to what?" I asked as he traced circles on the spot of skin on my hip that was showing. "Being with you. It's relaxing."

My face heated up as I stared at the foot of my moms couch, he kissed my shoulder again and grabbed one of my hands with his free hand. I stood up, pulling him with me and he slid his arms around my waist. He started swaying with me back and forth. I smiled lightly as he leaned down to kiss me.

Before we got to even kiss, my phone rang. I groaned then sighed as Louis let go of me and I picked my phone up off the coffee table. I answered and it was Mel, she was checking up on us. She cracked a joke then changed the subject when I asked how the wedding was going. I felt sympathetic towards the whole situation. I know how her family is, her family and my family mixed together is a whole mess. Happened once, while we were at uni.

While talking on the phone, I had made my way upstairs with Louis following as I entered my room. After a few minutes, I heard her mother's voice before saying she had to go. I said bye and sat on my bed, Louis smiled at me.

"What would you like to do today?" He asked before kissing my cheek sweetly, "Absolutely nothing. We leave tomorrow and I just want to relax. Enjoy my time with you before we hurdle back into the drama filled world we call our lives."

He moved forward and kissed me softly, I smiled and he laid me back. We laid there on my bed for a while just him messing with my hair and me playing with the hair on the back of his neck. He would occasionally kiss me or my knuckles, while the sun beat through my window; music played softly from one of our phones. Eventually we got up and decided to play video games for a bit. We were going to have a competition. Whoever wins, pays for takeout.

><><>><><><><><><><><


After an hour or two of beating each other's butts at different games like Mario Kart, Sonic, and/or Mortal Kombat and even FIFA. We decided to go out to a take out place and eat there, we were going in the clothes we had on. Louis, wearing some sweatpants and a black hoodie. His hair was still that bed head look but it looked nice, he searched around my room as I looked up some take out places around here. When I looked up, he had the only shoes that I don't wear in his hand; my uggs. They were ugly to me and always too big, my aunt bought them for me. I hated them. He successfully put them on, I laughed and he crossed his arms and pouted then mumbled a ‘don’t laugh at me, I’m cute’.

I kissed the tip of his nose, causing him to crack a smile. He grabbed onto my hand and we made our way downstairs, my mom was sitting on the couch looking at her clothing portfolios. She looked up and asked where we were going, I told her for takeout and all she said was 'oh'. Looking back down at her portfolios, I started towards the door with Louis' keys.

I felt a tug on my hand and it was Louis, he looked at my mom and shot me a look. I shook my head and he put on some puppy dog eyes. "You just used your only puppy dog eyes card" I whispered at him.

"Hey mom, do you want to go with us?” She looked up at me and her face looked like that of a little boy on Christmas morning, “Are you sure?”

I sighed before nodding, she stood up and rushed over to us before asking which place we were going to. I told her as we headed out of the house and straight to the place after getting in the car.

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|

After parking the car, we got out and my mom was happy; you could tell. I never invited her anywhere. When we got inside, we sat at a table and ordered some food. We sat there quietly as Louis held my hand under the table. I smiled lightly before my mom tried to make conversation.

“So Louis, you just got off tour?”

He nodded and said, “Yes ma’am.”

Our food came quickly, and my mom continued to make conversation with us. Actually talking like a normal person, I have never seen her like this before. It was strange.

We ate our food and just enjoyed each other’s company for the next hour while we were there, when we finished eating; my mom insisted to pay. To which of course, Louis refused and handed his debit card to the waiter. When we had everything together, we went outside and got into the car.

Louis drove this time, we went back to my mom’s house and she actually wanted to watch a movie with me. She is just so weird all the time, she never wanted to watch movies with me, or tv.

After a while, Louis and I went upstairs to bed; well my room. We laid on my bed and just laid there, he kissed my hand and my cheek then pulled me in closely before turning off my lamp. The only amount of light was my little glow in the dark stars on my ceiling, I put them up in constellation shapes. Louis stared at them and tried to guess what they were before we fell asleep.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

When Louis and I got up the next morning, my mom had cooked her organic bacon and eggs. No real mest rrom animals. Veggies and Tofu.

Regardless, Louis ate it then told my mom that it was delicious. She look surprised but smiled and thanked him. We finished breakfast and went upstairs to pack before my mom hugged me then Louis. She kissed my forehead and whispered, "It's nice, you know? Seeing you happy. I've never seen you this happy."

I hugged her and she closed the door behind us as Louis and I walked to the car. We put our bags in the trunk and got in. Louis started the car and backed out of the driveway before heading back towards London.

He put a hand on my knee and one on the wheel, I grabbed his hand and kissed it lightly. "Thank you, for this weekend."

"Thank you." He replied, I raised my eyebrows at him before he said, "For meeting me, getting to know me, and letting me in."

I blushed and looked at my lap, he grabbed my hand and kissed it before I turned on the radio.

After the two hour drive, we got back to mine and Mel's flat sooner than I wanted to. Louis parked the car and got out along with me. I got my bag and unlocked the door to the flat before walking in. Louis hugged me and kissed me softly before telling me he would text me in a bit.

I have absolutely fallen for the sass master from Doncaster, and I'm happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!