Status: Updating Regularly.

Us Against the World.

Eight : Quinn

The day after the carnival in Cardiff, the boys told-well Louis told me they were going back to finish their tour. Initially, I was kind of upset and sad but hid it. He said he would be gone until November 3rd, I told him I understood.

The day he left, I told him to text me when he could. I knew how those tours were, but I thought he would text me atleast in between concerts or on his day off. But he didn't. I should have been happy to be able rekindle things with Rory over the phone but he was AWOL and convinced I was cheating. So about four days after Louis and the boys left, I went to my dad's house in Bristol to work on my music. He was very understanding, I tested.Mel when she wasn't working or called her. I took a annual leave from work. I didn't want to be docked for missing days. I was tired of being in London.

I shouldn't be jealous, so why am I jealous? Louis posting pictures on Twitter with some of his fans. It pissed me off more that he was tweeting and he wasn't talking to me. So after about two weeks, I got a text from him and I ignored him. He sent me a text the next day, and sooner or later; I started turning my phone off. I had to focus on my music and I had a boyfriend so why should I let a boy get me so worked up?

After Mel realized that I turned my phone off for a while, she started calling my dad's house phone. At the start, I ignored it. But I felt like a dick for doing that, so I picked it up and explained to her why I was doing what I was doing.

For the first week or so, I actually worked on my music; but my brain kept focusing back to Louis or I would find a word and just end up finding my thoughts to him. It was aggravating me so I just sat around and watched tv or went to the studio with my dad. I stopped going when I found out he was producing the boys' album, their new album. Recently, in the past week or so, my mom has been calling my dad. "Demanding" to talk to me because she needed the information for Thanksgiving, most of the time I hung up on her. She wanted me to invite the boys and their girls since Rory was coming.

About 20 days into October, I was just in my dad's music room messing with some instruments when the house phone rang, I answered and it had been Mel.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Quinn! I just talked to Perrie and she said that the boys are coming into town for Halloween."

"Okay? Why do I care? Louis and I aren't talking."

"Speaking of Louis, he told me to tell you to call him. I told him I haven't talked to you. And he said, 'the next time you don't talk to her, don't tell her to call me."

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "I have other things-"
"Yeah, you got other things to focus on. You can't ignore him forever, Quinn. Just talk to him, please."

"Fine, whatever. I have to go." I replied hanging up the phone, I stared at the floor for a long while until I found myself standing up and walking to my bedroom, I picked up my phone and turned it on before it exploded with missed calls and texts. Some were from Mel, Rory but most were from Louis. I opened a text and texted Louis.

Sorry, love. xo.

I went to put the phone down and it rang, it was Louis. I slide the screen lock up and spoke into the microphone.
“Hey sweetheart.”

“Hey, love.”

“Hi Lous,” I repeated myself, I was holding back all of my emotions. I didnt want to feel anything when I talked to him, I wanted it to be fine.

“Where have you been, Quinn?”

“At my dad’s, in Bristol. Working on my music, had to get away from the world and people.”

“I understand, darling. I miss you though, will I see you on Halloween?”

“I don’t know, I-” I was cut off by Niall yelling in the backround.
“You better see us on Halloween, Quinn! It won’t be the same!’

I chuckled to myself, “I will, Niall. Don’t worry, love. I gotta ask my dad and see what he says.”

I didn’t really need to ask my dad, I just said it for my sake. I hoped that if I needed a way out from the party, my dad was the salvation.

"I'm sorry I have been texting you that much, love. It's been crazy."

"It's fine, Louis."

"Is it? I feel like that isn't true. Mel said she hasnt been talking to you, but I feel like that isn't true either. I know your upset."

I bit my lip, then sighed before saying, "Louis, it is fine. I promise. I've been busy."

"Okay, love. I have to go, I'll see you on Halloween."

"Okay, bye love." I said before hanging up my phone, I leaned against the wall and sighed loudly. I set my phone and ignored the deep, empty feeling in my stomach.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^


Halloween rolled around as quick as it could, I kind of loathed going home. I knew Mel had lost her contest to get that scholarship. I know she was trying to keep her mind off it. I was the same way, all through college. I sent my music to companies to see if they would get me a deal but they rejected me. I wasn't what they were looking for.

My dad pulled into our driveway and out the car in park, "You sure you want to be here? That look on your face doesn't say so."

"Yeah dad, I'm just thinking." I replied biting my lip, he reached over the console and hugged me.

"I love you, Quinny. Anytime you need anything, call. Okay? I'll see you at Thanksgiving at your moms."

"Okay, daddy. I love you." I replied as I got out of the car, then shut the car door. He beeped the horn as he drove away, I walked up our stairs and opened the front door. Mel walked over to me as soon as I shut the door, she hugged me and said, "How have you been?"

"Fine, what time are the boys coming?" I asked going into the kitchen and she soon followed behind.

"A few minutes actually." She replied as the front door opened and I heard, "Mel! Quinn!"

We walked out into the living room and saw all five boys along with Perrie and Sophia walking in. Niall shut the front door and walked over to hug me and Mel. I knuckle punched Zayn and Liam, Harry gave me a side hug before I looked at him and whispered to him, "Mel lost her scholarship and she's upset. Try to talk to her and cheer her up."

Finally, I got to Louis. He scratched the back of his neck and looked at me.

"Hey love." I said smiling to him, he said 'hey' back and I hugged him. He hugged back tightly, I kissed his cheek and he kissed the top of my head.

I felt my stomach get light and warm, I smiled wide then felt my face get hot. The only thing that I knew in this moment was that I didn't want it to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! Comment, subscribe!