Whiskers

"Give it...a shot?"

Phil sat on his bed, patiently waiting for Dan to finish whatever it was that Dan always did before they filmed. Phil originally planned to begin shooting half an hour earlier, that way he wasn't up all night editing and dead tired the next day. But this was Dan they were talking about, and he was always running on his own time.
The hard truth of it was that Dan could say he killed someone and Phil still wouldn't find it in his heart to be angry with him. So late or not, he still waited patiently.

"Sorry, sorry! Ow -- fuck!" He heard Dan's voice coming from the hallway, turning to see the abnormally tall boy trip his way into the bedroom.
Phil covered his mouth, attempting to hide the giggles that were currently escaping him as Dan sat on the bed and gingerly checked his now-throbbing, red toe. "Are you okay?"
"Peachy." Dan muttered, looking up to see the other man attempting to suppress his laughter. Grabbing the nearest object on the bed -- which just so happened to be a Pikachu stuffed animal -- he flung it towards Phil, which only inspired an uproar.
"Violence isn't the answer!" Phil barely managed to choke out between breaths of loud laughter, his face turning cherry red.
"Well it isn't funny! I'm injured!" Dan whined, falling back on the bed, which only caused Phil to laugh harder.
"You're right, you're right." Phil sighed dramatically, looking at Dan with a sorrowful expression. "I shall take care of you for the rest of your days, my troubled princess."
Dan's mouth quirked up into an involuntary smile. "You're such a twat."
"You're so crude, Daniel." Phil shook his head, rolling his eyes. "What took you so long, anyways?"
"This!" Dan pulled a Sharpie out of his pocket, handing it to Phil.
Phil nodded in response, understanding instantly and taking the marker. He popped the cap off and motioned for Dan to scoot closer, to which the younger boy obliged.
"Hold still, for God's sake!" Phil chuckled as Dan squirmed under the feeling of the marker.
"But it tickles, it always feels odd." Dan whined. Phil felt Dan's gaze stay on him during the duration of the whisker-ing, causing him to make the lines jagged and the whiskers thicker than usual. Phil didn't know why he felt how he did every time Dan concentrated on him. All he knew was that he never wanted it to stop.
"O-Okay, my turn." Phil managed to choke out, handing the marker over to Dan. Dan hummed in response, gently placing his hand under Phil's chin and making him face upward.

Phil fought back the urge to squirm as Dan did, only not because of how strange it felt to have your face drawn on. Dan's honey-colored eyes were so intently focused on Phil that he felt he would crack at any moment, causing him to flee from the room screaming like a mad person.

"Finished!" Dan beamed, offering Phil his trademark grin. Phil felt himself smile back almost on cue, not being able to tear his gaze away from the other boy's infectious pride. And oh God, that dimple.
"Oh, and Phil?" Dan asked, and before Phil even had the time to answer, he was being tackled back onto the bed. He made an embarrassing squeak right before he felt Dan's lips meet his, soft and tasting like the coffee he had not long before.
The kiss didn't last long, but when Dan pulled back he still remained on top of Phil, head on his chest. His golden eyes searched Phil's face like a puzzle, looking for any sort of reaction.
"W...What was that?" Phil finally croaked out, looking down at the younger boy.
Dan simply showed that grin again -the one Phil had grown to love- and sat back up. "Well, I know you've probably been thinking about it for ages now. I know I have. So I figured I'd give it a shot."
"Give it...a shot?" Phil asked incredulously, admiring both Dan's bravery and his utter stupidity; though he felt that if he met Dan's gaze, Dan would probably laugh and say he was "just fucking with him" or "pretend it never happened".
But neither was said. Dan casually cocked his head -more puppy-like and curious rather than arrogant- and asked, "So, you ready to film?"
Phil took a moment to assess the question and chuckled to himself before he took a seat next to Dan at the foot of the bed, right in front of the camera. Before he began filming, he felt Dan press a soft kiss to his cheek and figured that maybe, just maybe, having strange feelings for your best mate wasn't too bad of a thing after all.