Status: active :)

Bipolar, Baby

Lucky

It had been a few days since Avery had moved into Harry's posh pad, and she really did like the place. With a few small adjustments to the open bedroom (like taking down the gaudy antlers on the wall and changing out the bright white bedset for a navy blue one), she felt right at home. Or atleast a temporary home.

Harrys style was fairly similar to hers, much of his place was black and white, with a few splashes of color in the living room and the chrome accents in the kitchen.

She sat up in her bed and yawned widely. She glanced at the clock, only 8:36 AM. She decided since she'd barely seen Harry the last few days, since he was out doing One Direction business she didn't care to memorize, she'd make him a nice breakfast. She stood up and threw on a pair of yogo pants and a black v-neck shirt and pounced into the kitchen, trying to tell herself that this was home for a bit. It was hard feeling like she didn't have an actual place that was hers, and she even felt a little bit like she should hurry and get out of Harry's apartment. She was sure a female roommate would for sure ruin his game.

Opening the fridge, she let out a loud groan. Of course he had no food, he was a man. He had a half gallon of milk, which may have been expired, a carton of a half dozen eggs, which after she lifted she found out was empty, a full case of beer, and a take out box that she had no idea what contained. She mumbled to herself, something about how she should have known.

"Not that I don't love the view of you bent over but why are you talking to my fridge?" Harry's voice made her jump up and practically slam the fridge door, spinning around on her heels to look at him.

"Jesus, could you not?!" She snapped. composing herself. He chuckled at her, raising one eyebrow. "You have no food..."

"Yeah, I'm not home much. It'll all just go bad." Harry explained, "If you want, we can go grocery shopping..."

"I hardly want a media circus so I can buy some eggs and bread." She rolled her eyes, half smiling at them.

"Whatever you want." He smiled, hopping up and sitting on the counter. His hair was a proper disaster and he only had on a pair of baggy gray sweats, but Avery still thought he looked put together.

"I'll go later today, I was going to surprise you with breakfast, but after you made me shit my pants just now I've changed my mind." She explaining, leaning against the fridge.

"How charming." He commented.

"Have the boys and Perrie gotten over our living together yet?" She asked casually, reaching to grab two glasses out of the cupboard above her.

"Hardly, Perrie bought had a hernia."

"I don't see the big deal, I just needed a place to stay for a few days." Avery mused, filling the glasses with water from the sink. She handed one to Harry and he nodded in thanks.

"Avery, you don't have to rush out. You're welcome here for as long as you want. And shit, if you stock up my fridge and cook me meals, you can stay forever." He decided, taking a swig from his cup.

"I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to look at a few apartments on Friday though. So hopefully one of them is a winner. Then I can get to buying furniture and things. Should be out of your hair by end of next week." She explained, running her fingers threw her hair. Harry didn't know why but for some reason he was hoping her stay would be a little longer than a week or two.

"You handled all this rather well." He commented, keeping his thoughts about her moving out to himself.

She chuckled. "I get over things quick. There was nothing I could do about it, yeah?"

He hummed in agreement and shook his head lightly.

"Let's go out to breakfast, my treat, put a damn shirt on." She rattled off before disappearing back down the hall, presumably headed to her room. He chuckled at how blunt she was, most girls wouldn't have asked him to go out, he'd have to ask them. He yawned lightly before going to change.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Took you long enough." Harry half scoffed when Avery reemerged from her room nearly 45 minutes later. She glared at him.

"It takes a bit to look nice, I'm sorry. I'm about to make an outing with Harry Styles and no doubt be in the papers tomorrow dubbed as your girlfriend, I want them to at least think I'm decent looking." She rambled, grabbing her no doubt over priced purse from the closet by the door.

"Let's go, I dont have all day." She smiled at him, and he rolled his eyes playfully and followed her out the door.

The two took Harry's lavish car, clearly, since Avery still had to buy one. Another thing to add to the list of needs. She didn't know her way around, so he picked the place. It was a nice little restaurant called Crave, and they managed to slip in without any ruckus. The hostess made it obvious she knew who he was and she put on an extra big smile for the two. Avery barely noticed, she didn't pay attention because a text from a certain Irish boy had caught her attention.

Niall :); Good morning, just wondering how Harry's place was treatin ya.

She typed out a response with a few flirty smiles as she walked behind Harry to their table. She sat down across from him and responded to a second text Niall sent her, with a light smile playing on her features. She finally put her phone down and she could see the waitress making her way over to them, with a slightly confused expression. She couldn't wrap her head around why she would be on her phone when THE Harry Styles was seated in front of her.

"Can I get you two anything to drink?" The waitress asked, more to Harry than to Avery, but Avery didn't care.

"A water please." Avery said, causing the waitress to acknowledge her. The waitress gave a quick nod and turned to Harry.

"And for you hun?" The waitress, who Avery now knew as Collette, from her name tag, said to Harry. Avery tried to fight off a chuckle.

"Same please." He responded cutely, a cheeky grin on his face. The waitress flushed and scurried off to get our drinks.

"Give the poor thing a break, Styles." Avery laughed, glancing down at the menu.

"She's fit." He answered, "What are you hungry for?"

"Eggs, lots of eggs." She smiled at him. "I wanted to make my new roomie breakfast and I failed."

"Well, it's not really your fault." He reminded her, closing his menu. She did the same.

"I'll go grocery shopping tonight. And I'll get some paper towels, because I noticed you're out of that. And some more hand soap for the bathroom-"

"Stop, Avery, you don't have to get all that. You're my guest." Harry interrupted, waving her off.

"I know but you're letting me stay with you, rent free because you're a stubborn arse, so let me do what I need to do to feel better about the situation." Avery explained, leaning back in her seat. He sighed, knowing he wouldn't win a fight against Avery any time soon.

"Ready to order?" Collette broke their silence, looking at Harry expectantly.

Harry ordered his food, and then Avery ordered hers quickly, desperate to get Collette out of here so she wouldn't have to be ignored any longer.

"Tell me about yourself." Harry said, though he realized how cliche it sounded after it left his lips.

"That's broad. Narrow it down." Avery responded, taking a sip of her water.

"Tell me about your parents." He decided, not really knowing where else to start.

"Ah, they're divorced. Much happier apart, those two. My mom, Claire lives in San Diego with her husband Mark, and my dad, Paul lives in a little place called Moore, Oklahoma. He has a farm. His girlfriend Georgia lives there too." She explained.

"What, a farm?" Harry said, taken a back. He didn't take Avery for a farmers daughter, that's for sure.

"Is that surprising?" Avery raised an eyebrow. "My mom and him had a farm when I lived over here, I can get down and dirty." Avery winked, and Harry swallowed and chuckled.

"I'm sure." He agreed.

"It's an amazing place to be, the farm- it's so peaceful. Nothing can touch me out there. I love fashion and it's my life but sometimes I wanna throw a pair of old jeans on and hop on an ATV." She confessed. "Or lay out in the field at night. I miss doin' things like that."

"Why don't you?"

"Too busy. My life is hectic, nonstop. This is the longest I've been off work in a while. But I have great employees who are handling everything exquisitely."

"So what are you going to do about work?" Harry continued, and he found himself caught between if he was asking to know more about her or just listen to her appealing voice.

"I'm moving everything here, all the employees. We were about to open a high end clothing store, so I'll change everything and move it here. Maybe work on a location in L.A. later on. London sure has the population and passion for clothing. I'm not worried about it. I'll have to fly a lot, but I did that anyway." She explained.

"You're the real deal, huh? Perrie told me you helped do the wardrobe for Brittney Spears' last tour, and Pink too."

"Ha, I suppose I might be the 'real deal.' I just want to make people feel comfortable and confident. I was lucky enough that I got to make a living out of it. Just like you, I suppose. Lucky."

"Damn lucky." He agreed. Their food came shortly after that and they engulfed it in a comfortable silence.

~~~~~~~~

They arrived home, and Harry's curiousity was about to kill him. She had texted all the way home, and was smiling too. Was it a boy back in L.A.? He didn't know why he even thought about it, but he did.

"Who's makin' you all giddy, huh? Some lover from across the pond?" He finally asked as he hung his coat up in the closet by the door. She mimicked his movements, and chuckled at his question.

"No, a boy from this side of the pond." She laughed, "Niall, actually."

He raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yes? What, am I not good enough to talk to your precious Niall?" She mocked, before plopping down on his white couch.

"No, you definitely are, but...he doesn't seem like your type. At all." Harry admitted, looking the girl over. Her tight leather leggings, dark hair, tattoos, she was so...alluring. And sexy, if you will. Niall was so...well you know. Goofy.

"He's cute, I'll give him that much." She laughed. "He's easy to talk to, and he's a little intimidated to talk to me. Which is cute in a weird way."

"So you like weak men you can overpower." Harry accused, smiling lopsidedly.

"I suppose maybe I do." She quipped. But Harry knew one thing for sure; He was not easily overpowered.

He and Avery would be like fire and gasoline.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :) love you guys.

btw Crave is a real restaurant in Florida, i don't know if they serve breakfast though, I've only been there for lunch!

and I'm an idiot and had to make some changes to this chapter because I fudged up my own story line. oops :)