Let Me Be the One to Save You

Scars

"Frankie," Gerard stood up and sat on the bed next to me. "It's okay sugar." He slid his arms around my shoulders and kissed my forehead.
"No it's not. The people at school know and once school starts back up, they'll beat me up, just like last year." A few tears slipped from my eyes.
"I'm gonna tell you the truth, okay?" I nodded. "I'm gay too. And no matter how much they hurt you, you've still got to power through it. Show them that you're stronger than they are. I spend so much time by myself that I get beat up for it all the time. And then they found out I was how I am. Things got worse. Frank..." He trailed off as a few tears rolled down his cheeks.
"Gee, you can tell me. I won't judge you."
He removed his arms from my shoulders. "Promise you won't tell anyone?"
"I'd rather die. You're my only friend, if we are friends....right?"
A chuckle escaped his lips. "Of course." He sat there for a second, picking at his sleeves of his black sweatshirt. Slowly, he started rolling the sleeves up and stopped at his elbows. He turned his arms over, the inside if his wrists now visible. Scars scattered his arms, some bright red, indicating they were recently done, some pale white lines, being older.
"Gerard...."
He quickly shoved his sleeves back down and stood up. "Go ahead, leave me like everyone else does. It's nothing new."
I stood up and wrapped my arms around him. "I will never leave you. You're gonna be my brother and I'm pretty sure you're gonna take the other room down here. I will always be here. You know what, let me be the one to save you. Let me take some of the weight off your shoulders." I stood up on the tips of my toes and kissed his forehead.
"Thanks."
"Gee, I've got scars too. They cover my arms and thighs, my thighs being the worst. I know how it is."
"Can I...Nevermind."
"What?"
"It's a touchy subject for me, I'm not so sure if you'd want to talk about it."
"You want to see how bad the cuts are, dont you?" He nodded. I took my jacket off. Now he can see the bright red cuts covering my arms.
"How long."
"What?"
"How long have you been doing this to yourself?"
"Um," I glanced at my arms. "A couple years?"
"You sound unsure."
"Its been so long, I've lost track...."
"Pants off."
I looked at him in shock. "Excuse me?"
"You said you'd let me see."
I did didn't I. Shit.
I locked my fingers in the belt loops of my pants and pulled them down to my knees. My boxers covered the scars that reside there.
"Okay, its not like I want to see your dick or anything, so im gonna turn around and you're gonna pull them down and cover your dick with something, but not your thighs."
He turned around and I did as instructed, using a pillow that was on the chair he was sitting in earlier as cover.
"You can turn back around now."
Once he did, his jaw dropped slightly. "Frankie...."
I quickly dropped the pillow and pulled my boxers and jeans back up.
"You're gonna leave me now, aren't you...?"
He engulfed me in a hug. "Just like you said earlier, I'm not leaving. Let me be the one to save you."

Okay, we've known each other for two days. And he's the only friend i've got.
I'm a little scared.
I might have feelings for him already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea mother fuckers! Chapter 4! Kinda revealing...oh well. Shit title, I apparently can't be clever at 11 pm.... Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter.
xoxo,
Mitchie