Status: Comments would be really appreciated, as I'm beginning to write this again for the first time in weeks. I hope I've improved even just slightly, because that's what I've been aiming for. Thank you for reading!

Imprinted Years

The room is empty and damp, but that’s what I like about it. The loneliness that brings peace and the coldness that brings intrigue.

Who was here before me?

Has any ghost ever walked these paths?

Yes. I believe in ghosts, paranormal activity and truthfully overall, I am quite a spiritual person. Maybe it’s because my father possesses many godly gifts like the gift to shape shift and the ability to wipe average beings out within a minute or even less.

My father is strong, but not like I am.

He grew me to be ignorant to true strength. Such strength can never be determined by your power, but merely, by your heart. I love him and about a month or so ago, I still believed I needed him, but I don’t.

I have grown now and I’m almost a complete adult, as I do still have many more paths to walk and many more worlds to venture.

Right now, Earth is good enough for me and to be honest, I never want to leave it, but I fear that someday father will need to return to his home.

Asgard.

Will I go with him?

Do I want to go with him even?

Like I said, I love my father and I would do anything for him, anything other than leaving Jessica. I love Benedict, but Jessica is whom I am bound to.

She is who I call my sister, not because I want to exactly, but because I have grown to accept that she is as close to a sister that I’ll ever have.

Her hair, like mine, is Auburn.

Her eyes, prettier than mine, are also an Earthy blue-green.

Her smile, suspicious yet bold when used correctly, is almost identical to my own.

But her heart, so strong, beautiful, considerate and caressing, is far purer than what I dare to call my heart.

I’ve never had the heart to look out for others the way she does.

Protect them, even. I could never do what she does in a million years. Her ways imprint me in the most beautiful ways still, even though I’ve already known her for as long as I can remember.
I love her more than anything, but I worship her more than that, as she is the bird I always wanted to be.

She is the girl, I always aspired to become, but we are our own idols.

I need to learn to idolize myself, but to do that; I must become a good person. Like her, I must learn to forget whatever sins or faults I may have and I need to hope for a brighter future.

One that is brighter than the dim, empty future that is promised when all you ever do is give up. I am done being the snail that hides away from the light just so the birds up above won’t eat me up.

I don’t care anymore.

If tomorrow is when I must die, then die I will, but with pride.

If tonight is when I must fly, then fly I will, but I will do so with life in my lungs and a smile worn on my lips.

If I am meant to be saved by these kind, beautiful souls, then I’ll let them save me again and again, but I sure will make amends someday.

I will be there for them, like they’ve been here for me.

I promise.


“Why are you here?” I hear a demanding voice from behind, but I know I recognise it, even though it is now distorted and angrier than usual, I know that this voice belongs to someone I love.

Benedict.

“Because…” How can I explain this?

Currently, I am stumbling over random pieces of ancient furniture in a damp, cold and intriguing room, which was previously empty of other living organisms until my boyfriend decided to stalk upon me.

Why am I here?

What am I looking for?

I know there’s something, as there has to be, but I can’t really remember myself, if I’m being truthfully honest. I do know that there is something though.

I remember this room.

  1. Rejoice
    Abre remembers someone or something she's sought out in the past. Only now, she doesn't wish to remember "him" and remembering this, only reminds her of her almost innocent childhood alongside Jessica...
  2. Recoil
    Recoil your acknowledgement of the rules to this game.
  3. Run
    Run from the darkness that threatens your little light.
  4. Rare
    Rare hearts know when it’s their time.
  5. Evolution
    Evolution is what makes us grow.
  6. Entertain
    Entertain our audiences with every show.