Status: Comments would be really appreciated, as I'm beginning to write this again for the first time in weeks. I hope I've improved even just slightly, because that's what I've been aiming for. Thank you for reading!

Imprinted Years

Evolution

“So, just to clarify, if I stay here I will die?” I ask with a lump in my throat and a pain in my heart. I can’t bear it, but I have to make sure.
I need to make sure.

“Yes.” The word is simple. It is used millions of times each day. It must be.

So why is it so hard for her to say?

Why does it sound like the hardest part of this?

Is it because, she too, is realising the truth?

That this world will never be big enough for the both of us.

Maybe…

Or maybe, I am just mad.

Personally, I believe it to be a mixture of the two.

“You can’t stay here Abre.” Benedict chokes, when I look to him, I realise that he’s crying.

Tears pour from his eyes.

And they begin to pour from mine when I take in what he said.

“You can’t stay here Abre.”

We have to be apart.

“Why not?” I say without thinking and let my angst turn to slight madness, “I’d rather die here. I mean, c’mon, who the fuck doesn’t want to die?”

“ Abre stop.”

“No Jess, I won’t stop. Why should I? Careless human shits try to take their lives every day right? What’s the matter with, let’s say a “foreigner” taking her life, huh?” I take quick breaths. Too quick.

I slow them down.

Will not fall again.

“Abre, control yourself! Please.” I hear Benedict’s pleads, but they’re simply fuel to my fire.

Right now, I am dangerous.

Right now, I am weak.

Right now, I am a fool.

Right here.

Right now.

I’m dying.

We all are…