Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

14

I woke up to the incessant vibrating of a phone. I groaned and rolled over, hitting Harry’s bare chest.

“Answer your phone, Haz.” I muttered, still half asleep.

He made no move to answer it, and I looked at him, noticing he was still asleep. How he could sleep through this I didn’t know. So, I reached over him and grabbed his phone, looking to see my sister calling.

“Hi, Soph.” I said into the phone.

“Oh, B!” She said, brightly. Too brightly for 8 in the morning. I groaned.

“What’s going on?” I mumbled, rolling into Harry’s side and playing with his hair absentmindedly. This caused him to stir and open one eye, smiling.

“Well, you weren’t answering your phone and I was wondering if you could come home soon. I have something to tell you.” She said. Her tone was chipper, so I knew it was good news. I sighed.

“It’s so early, Soph.” I replied. Harry put a hand on my hip, running soothing circles over it with his thumb.

“Please, Bails?” She begged. I could almost picture her sticking out her bottom lip.

“Fine. I’ll be there soon. Love you.” I hung up the phone and looked at Harry.

“I have to go home.” I stated, sighing. He groaned.

“Why?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Sophia apparently has something to tell me.” I said, making a move to get up from his bed. Harry pulled me back down by my hips.

“We’re not going to have a repeat of the other day, are we?” I asked, too tired for that.

“No, it’s just…” Harry trailed off, and he looked like he wanted to tell me something.

I sat up and looked at him.

“What is it, Haz?” I asked, gulping.

I was thinking the worst. I was thinking that he decided that after last night he didn’t want to hang out anymore, or that he hated me or something. I bit my lip and looked down, playing with his comforter. He pulled my chin up with his finger so I was looking at him.

“It’s going to be honesty weekend.” He said, biting his lip. “So, when we went away to write, and I kind of ignored you…”

He sighed and his hand found mine.

“I was talking to management that whole week. We were in and out of meetings. Photos of us together were all over the internet, B. Photos of us from that first day we hung out shopping, photos of us from the first time we kissed.” He shuddered.

“I don’t even want to know how they got those. But basically, it does nothing to help my ‘image’. They don’t want me to look like a player.”

I bit my lip in thought. I didn’t like where this was going.

“So they told me that I needed to stop being seen out in public with you if I wanted people to not see me in a bad light. I told them no, and we argued for days.”

“Wait, you argued with them for me?” I asked. I found that hard to believe. I was nothing special. But Harry nodded vigorously.

“I’m tired of them trying to control me like that. I care too much about you.” He gently leaned over and kissed my hair. Butterflies erupted In my stomach.

“Also, when I was away.” He continued. “I missed you way too much. I don’t care what anyone says. We all want you with us. Especially me. I figured out that if I don’t want to avoid you out in public, I have to do the opposite and be out in public with you all the time, so people can see I can be loyal to one person. So, I guess I’m asking you to come on tour with us.”

My mouth dropped open. This was not happening right now. I could feel myself blushing.

“But there’s more, B.” He went on, running a hand nervously through his hair. Why was he nervous?

“I meant to ask you this last night, but you went out instead, that’s why I was so insistent on you staying home, but you being you, went out anyway.” He smirked.

“You see, Bailey, I don’t want you to come on this tour with us as my friend. I want you to come as my girlfriend.”