Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

16

I looked at the mess that was my closet and groaned. It was going to be impossible to pack. And we were leaving tomorrow.

Harry was gone doing an interview on the breakfast show with Grimmy, Sophia was with Liam helping him pack, and I was stressed, trying to pack. I blew my bangs out of my face, and lay down on the floor, dialing a familiar number. He picked up after 3 rings.

“What’s up, darlin’?” his voice was rough with sleep and I sighed.

“Sorry if I woke you.” I muttered, face down in the carpet.

“Sorry, your voice was a little muffled there, doll.” Niall replied. I groaned.

“That would be because of the carpet.” I said. I could hear him shuffling around.

“Are you lying on the floor, B?” He asked. I nodded, but he couldn’t see. “I’ll be over in 10 minutes.”

I continued lying face down on the floor until I heard Niall’s familiar cackle fill the room.

“Get up, Bails. You’ve gotta pack.” He said.

I could hear him shuffling around and I sat up, seeing him grabbing things from the closet and throwing them in my bag with expert precision.

“How the hell do you do that?” I asked. I had stared at that closet for two hours and had no idea what to pack. Niall shrugged, his back to me.

“I’ve got a lot of practice in it.” He said. I got up and made my way over to stand next to him. He looked at me.

“Pack your toiletries and makeup and shit.” Niall delegated. “Can you do that?”

I nodded and made my way into the bathroom, quickly deciding what things I would need.

“Jesus, Bails. Can you text Haz back?” Niall called into the bathroom a few minutes later. I laughed and grabbed my vibrating phone from the nightstand.

I hope you’re not stressing too much, I’ll be back in a little while.

Text back so I know you’re not dead from stress.

Bails?

I laughed at his impatient tendencies and typed out a response in reply.

I’m stressing a lot, actually. But Niall came over to help. Still stressing, but not as much. See you soon!

The most recent text I had in my phone was from Louis.

I’m coming over.

I smiled and told Niall about it before going down the stairs. I pulled the door open just as Louis came up the steps. He instantly pulled me into a hug and I knew something was wrong. I didn’t say anything at first, but just tightened my grip on him, letting him know I was there.

We pulled apart long enough for him to come inside and for me to look and see his sad eyes.

“What’s wrong, Lou?” I asked gently.

It was weird to not see a twinkle in Louis’ eyes. He ran a hand through his hair before responding.

“I just came from saying goodbye to El.” He voice was sad.

I sighed and instantly wrapped my arms around his figure again. I had stupidly forgotten that some of my friends had people to leave behind that they loved. I gestured for Louis to sit down on the couch, and I bent and kissed his forehead.

“Do you want some tea?” I asked quietly.

He nodded once and I brushed his hair from his eyes before going into the kitchen and starting the kettle. As soon as I did, my phone rang, flashing Harry’s picture across the screen.

“Hey, babe.” I said.

My voice couldn’t mask the tiredness and sadness I was feeling for my best friend. Harry picked up on it instantly.

“What’s wrong?” He asked instantly. I closed my eyes.

“Louis just came over from saying goodbye to El.” I said quietly.

“Oh.” Harry muttered, and I bit my lip. “Is he okay?” I shook my head, but Harry couldn’t see.

“No, he’s pretty upset, Haz.” I said. “I just can’t help but think… I never want you to be that sad.” I whispered the last part so quietly, I was sure he didn’t hear it, until he sighed.

“Bailey, I’ll be back in 5 minutes, okay?”

“Okay.” I replied before hanging up the phone and making Louis a cup of tea. When I got out into the living room, I smiled at the sight.

Niall was sitting next to Louis, cracking jokes and trying to get him to smile.

They did, however, leave just enough space in between them for my body.

They always did that.