Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

19

I sighed, flopping down on the hotel room bed as Sophia rooted around in my bag for an outfit.

“This isn’t fair.” I grumbled. “Why do you get to know where he’s taking me and not me?”

“So I can help you get ready, duh.” My sister replied, not even looking at me as she pulled a dress out of my bag and thought better of it, discarding it on the floor.

“You’re making a mess.” I stated.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes before continuing her actions. She found an outfit just as the door swung open and Liam appeared in the room. The minute I saw him, I knew something was wrong. He gripped his phone so hard in his hand, his knuckles turned white.

“Liam?” Sophia slowly got up from the floor and walked over to him. “What’s wrong?”

Liam sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

“Uh.” He started. “The fans all know about our engagement now.”

There was a beat of silence as I bit my lip and looked between them. I knew they were trying to keep their engagement a secret for as long as possible, because while the boys loved their fans, a small section of them would over react to the news and not be very nice to my sister.

“Okay.” Sophia stated. “How?”

Liam looked at me and immediately my heart sunk. The picture. The stupid picture I had posted on Instagram. You could see the ring on her finger. I closed my eyes, suddenly feeling the urge to run.

“Bailey.” Liam stepped towards me, but I backed up. I felt horrible. I just ruined this part of their relationship forever. Liam stepped closer to me and took my face in his hands.

“Bailey, love.” He started. “It’s okay. I’m not mad at you. It was going to happen sooner or later, okay? Please don’t be upset over this.”

I wanted to believe his words, but I looked at my sister’s face. She looked really worried, but the second we made eye contact, she shot me a quick smile.

“It’s fine, Bails, I promise. Me and Liam are fine. It’s fine.”

Liam pulled me into a hug then and kissed the top of my head. I stood there in his embrace, waiting for the feeling of wanting to flee to leave my bones. Just then, I heard the door swing open and a familiar slow, lazy drawl.

“I hope you’re-“ He stopped and took in the scene. “What happened here.?” He walked the length of the room in two steps and instantly I was released from Liam’s grasp, but not before shooting him and Sophia warning glares.

“Nothing.” I stated, smiling at my boyfriend. “But I’m not ready yet.”

Harry groaned in response and I hit his arm.

“It takes a while for a girl to get beautiful for a date where she doesn’t even know where she’s going.” I replied, taking the clothes that Sophia handed me.

“You’re always beautiful, babe.” Harry replied. Liam and Sophia made gagging noises and I blushed, kissing him gently on the lips.

“Give me 10 minutes.” I replied, going into the bathroom and shutting the door.

xxx

“Harry, we are not where we think we are right now.” I gasped, my mouth hanging open. Harry chuckled in reply as we pulled up to the music venue.

“Don’t tell me you didn’t know he was going to be in town at the same time as us.” Harry replied.

I blushed. Okay, so I may have known that Ed Sheeran would be playing here tonight. A security guard quickly came and put laminates around our necks. I froze and gripped Harry’s arm.

“Harry.” I stated. “I am not meeting my absolute favorite musician on the planet tonight.”

“Hey!” Harry objected and I laughed, kissing his cheek.

“Besides you, babe, that’s a give in. But seriously, you are the best boyfriend ever!” I threw my arms around his neck and he picked me up, spinning me around.

“I’m glad you like it, love, but there’s even more surprises, just wait.” He winked and we walked into the venue. My mouth dropped open as a familiar head of red hair bounded toward us and embraced Harry.

“Harry, mate, how have you been?” Ed asked.

“I’ve been amazing, Ed!” Harry replied, pulling me into his side as I shook with nerves.

“And you must be Bailey, I’ve heard so much about you!” Ed exclaimed, and I tried not to freak out as he pulled me into a hug.

“Y-yeah that’s me.” I stuttered out. Harry chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

“Bailey’s a big fan of yours, Ed.” Harry stated, winking.

“Oh, I’ve heard.” Ed replied. I was just about to ask what that meant before Ed left to go on stage. We gave him a thumbs up as he ran out, ready to begin his show. I grinned. I could not believe this was happening.

Harry stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting a head on my shoulder and Ed sang and played on stage. Halfway through the set, Ed paused in the music and started to talk.

“So, there’s someone very important in my best friend’s life.” Ed started, and I turned to look at Harry, who smirked. “And she’s here tonight with him, and I wanted to make their night extra special. So, I’ve heard through the grapevine that this is her absolute favorite song in the whole world, which is quite a complement, with there being so many other songs to choose from by other artists, but I digress, this song is called The A Team, and it goes out to Bailey.” Ed started playing the familiar song and I threw my arms around Harry, tears welling in my eyes.

“Good date?” He whispered in my ear.

“Harry, you just had my favorite musician dedicate my favorite song to me.” I muttered, grinning up at him “You know, normal guys just take a girl out to dinner.”

Harry smirked at me and shrugged.

“Well, babe, I’m not a very normal guy.”