Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

2

I got off the plane in London and turned my phone on to call my sister, but as soon as I entered the airport, I realized that I didn’t have to.

My older sister stood there with a sign with my name on it, a cheeky grin on her face. I smiled and ran towards her.

I jumped on her in a hug that sent us both collapsing to the ground in a fit of laughter.

“How are you today, my little bee?” Sophia asked, once we had recovered.

“I’m fine, Soph.” I said. Maybe if I said that enough times, I’d believe it. She sighed.

“Well, come on. I have people for you to meet!” She exclaimed, standing up and offering me her hand to take, pulling me up as well.

“Oh yeah, where is this boyfriend of yours? Have you been making him up?” I asked. She shushed me.

“He’s out in the car with two of his friends, now come on.” Sophia replied, practically dragging me out of the airport. When we got close enough to the car and I looked in the passenger side window, however, I froze.

“Uh, surprise?” Sophia said, looking at my face. I’m pretty sure my mouth was gaping open.

“Hi, why didn’t you tell me your boyfriend is Liam Payne?” I whispered, hitting her on the head. I heard a familiar laugh come from the car and groaned. “And Niall is with him too. And I look like a monster.”

My sister laughed and hit my arm. “Stop it, B, you look fabulous! And I didn’t tell you because how do I tell my baby sister that I’m hanging out with a band she likes while she’s halfway across the world? That’s not fair! I’d feel like I’m bragging. Now, come on, don’t you even think about being shy, they’re normal lads, just like everyone else we know. Treat them as such.”

I sighed, running a nervous hand through my hair, before we got to the car. Liam opened his door immediately and got out, smiling at us. He kissed Sophia’s cheek before looking at me.

“Hello, love!” He said brightly. “Bailey, right? I’ve heard so much about you!”

I smiled. He was so friendly, making me feel at ease.

“Yup! That’s me! But you can call me B. It’s so good to finally meet the guy my sister drools over.” Sophia’s cheeks flushed. Payback is a bitch. Liam smiled and I opened the back door to the car to get in as my sister walked over to the driver’s side and Liam got back in. I looked over at the two boys already back there, and smiled at them.

“Oh, Soph! You didn’t tell us your sister was so good looking!” Niall yelled. I blushed ten shades of red. I could go die now.

“Hey, stay away from my baby sister, Irish!” Sophia glared at Niall through the mirror. He waved her off and smiled at me.

“I’m Niall” He introduced. I smiled in response.

“I’m Bailey.” I replied. Niall casually slung his arm around my shoulder and pointed to Zayn, introducing him. Zayn just smiled, saying nothing but a quiet hello, which meant that we’d be great friends. Niall pulled out his phone and looked at it before putting it back down.

“Harry says dinner at 8!” He announced. The whole group nodded, and I looked around.

“B, we’re having dinner at Harry’s tonight so everyone can get to know you. You know, make friends here.” My sister explained, shrugging. I grinned at the effort these people were putting in already to get to know me, nobody had ever done that before. I had only had 2 real friends my whole life, actually.

“So, B.” Niall said, pulling me out of my thoughts. “How old are you?”

“I’m 19.” I replied. He nodded, then proceeded to ask me more questions the whole car ride back to Sophia's house. Everything from what I liked about Boston, where we grew up, to my favorite color, purple. I just smiled, answering all of his questions. When there was a lull, I looked up at the rearview mirror to see my sister giving me a worried look. I sighed. I knew I would have to talk to her eventually about why I was really here, and that thought terrified me. So, I distracted myself by asking Niall questions about himself, avoiding looking at my sister until the car ride was over.