Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

3

When we got to Sophia’s house, we made our way inside and I marveled at how cute her home was.
“This is so adorable, Soph.” I stated. The boys immediately plopped down on the couch and turned the TV on. I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks, B. The guest room is upstairs to your right, and there’s a bathroom attached if you need to shower and change before we go out.” My sister replied, sitting next to Liam, putting her hand in his. I bit my lip. I didn’t want to intrude anymore on their time.

“Uh,” I scratched the back of my neck. “I don’t have any clothes” Everyone in the room looked at me like I had two heads. “I didn’t pack. I was kind of in a hurry.”

“Right, okay. You can borrow some of mine and we’ll go shopping tomorrow.” Sophia stated, pecking Liam’s lips before standing up and linking her arm through mine and leading me up the stairs. We went into a room that could only be my sisters, her old acoustic guitar sitting in the corner. I smiled. It felt like home. Sophia went and rooted through her closet for something for me to wear for dinner. When she found an outfit, she took it out and handed it to me.

“You know, B, we are going to talk about this. You can’t avoid it forever, babe.” She said.

“Just give me more time,” I bit my lip. “I promise we can talk about it later.” She gave me a suspicious look, but led me out of her room and into the guest room. She then kissed my cheek and left me alone to shower and get ready, only imagining to possibilities of what tonight could bring.

When I got out of the shower, everyone was ready to head to Harry’s house, so we walked there, since they all lived very close together. I stood behind everyone else as they entered the house without knocking, as I didn’t know what to do. As soon as we entered the house, I could smell something delicious cooking. My mouth watered. Playful banter could be heard between two male voices in the kitchen, and my friends followed the noise.

“Haz, I hope that tastes as good as it smells!” Sophia exclaimed, making our presence known to the two boys with their backs to us. When they turned around, my heart stopped. Harry was grinning, his hair pushed back with a bandana, and his green eyes sparkling.

“It should, love. At least better than anything Liam could cook for ya!” Harry retorted, pecking my sister’s cheek in greeting.

“Hey!” Liam tried to protest, but was ignored.

“Soph, who’s this?” Louis asked from his place next to Harry, who suddenly noticed my presence and turned to look at me. I blushed and looked down at my shoes, which suddenly seemed very interesting, biting my lip.

“Boys, this is my baby sister, Bailey.” Sophia introduced, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer to them.

“Well, hello, love.” Louis said, pulling me into a hug. “Welcome to London, and don’t expect a home cooked meal every night, it’s only for new comers.” I laughed, but nodded. Harry coughed, and I looked up at him and made eye contact for the first time. My body broke out in goosebumps.

“Welcome to London. And don’t worry, I’ll make as many meals as you like.” He winked at me, and that was it, as he turned back to the stove. I blushed, and all of the boys made kissy faces at me behind Harry’s back. Real mature.

During dinner, all of the boys made it a point to give me their numbers, saying since Sophia was a part of their little family, so I was while I was staying with her. Let me tell you, that made me feel better than I had in years. I finally felt included in something, and I had only been in London for a day.

After dinner, the boys wanted to watch a movie, so we all sat down in Harry’s living room in the dark. I sat between Harry and Niall, and I tried to focus on the movie, but it was really hard as Harry’s knee kept brushing up against mine. When the movie ended, Sophia yawned, and I smiled, looking over at her, curled into Liam's side.

We decided to make our way back home to sleep, and Harry walked us to the door, like the true gentleman that he is.
Surprisingly, he pulled me into a hug in the doorway. I froze, but eventually relaxed into him. He smelled perfect, like laundry detergent with a hint of something I couldn’t place.

“Goodnight, B” He said softly. “Don’t be afraid to use my number” And with that, he disappeared into his house and Sophia and I walked home, my head spinning with thoughts of my new friends, and one curly haired boy.