Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

31

I woke up to my alarm and rolled over, groaning as I hit it off, looking at the time. 8 in the morning. I sighed, getting up and walking over to Sophia’s room, peering in, seeing that she wasn’t in there anymore. I walked slowly to the kitchen and found her sitting at a stool, her leg bouncing up and down nervously.

“How long have you been up?” I was concerned that my sister never even went to sleep.

Sophia simply shrugged in response and I kissed the top of her head gently.

“I’m going to get ready and then we’ll go. Don’t want to be late.”

I quickly went back to my room and pulled an outfit out of the closet, checking my phone for texts.

When I found none, I was a little concerned. To hear silence from the boys overnight was a very rare thing.

I was six hours ahead of them, so it was like two in the morning where they were, but I quickly sent a text to Harry anyway.

Hope you’re sleeping, but I just wanted to say I love you. xx

I put the phone down and got in the shower, throwing on my outfit and drying my hair and checking my phone for the time, not expecting a text from Harry.

Nope. Still trying to get used to sleeping without you. You’re up really early, though. Everything alright? Love you too.

I closed my eyes. The truth was that everything was probably not alright. At all. But I didn’t need to tell Harry that when he was half a world away. I quickly typed out a response.

Nothing to worry about, just missing you. I have to go though, I’ll call you later. Please try to get some sleep, H.

I pocketed my phone and practically ran down the hall to meet my sister.

“You ready?” I asked quietly. She nodded once and I looped my arm through hers as we left the house and got in the car, driving towards the doctor’s office.

We sat in the waiting room filling out paper work until they called Sophia’s name. I squeezed her shoulder reassuringly before she disappeared down the hallway.

I pulled out my phone to see a response from Harry.

I can’t wait to hear your voice.

I sighed and ran a hand over my face, wanting to cry.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to deal with any of this.

All I wanted to do was go back to last week, where I could pretend this was all a bad dream.

But it wasn’t. It was a reality, and when my sister came back out into the waiting room with tears in her eyes, it sunk in that I couldn’t go back.

I stood up, pulling my sister into a hug, not really comprehending what was happening or what she just found out, but telling her that everything was going to be okay.

Everything had to be okay.

I needed to believe that.