Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

33

When we landed in Boston, my first reaction was a need to run. I was regretting my decision to come back here almost immediately.

Sophia sighed from next to me as we walked through the airport.

“I’m going to go pee real quick, okay?” She asked softly.

I nodded once and went over to the coffee area to get myself a coffee. I stood in line and looked around the airport, my gaze settling on a group of girls.

The group was pretty large, possibly a school group taking a trip together.

They all looked around high school age, and I groaned inwardly when I heard the sounds of One Direction being played form one of their phones.

I must have groaned out loud, however, because one of them looked up and made eye contact with me.

I whipped my head around, starting to panic as I saw her whispering to her friends.

It was my turn to order, so I ordered my coffee and stood over to the side to wait for it.

I tapped my foot impatiently, and that’s when the girls came over to me.

I felt my breathing speed up as they surrounded me.

“Are you Bailey?” One of them asked. I closed my eyes and counted to ten.

“My name is Bailey. What can I do for you girls?” I tried to be pleasant, but they weren’t having it.

“You were dating Harry Styles.” One of the girls said, knowing it for a fact.

I closed my eyes again and willed them to move away without causing a scene.

“Why are you not with him? I mean, we knew you guys wouldn’t last, but you’re a bitch to just leave him like this.”

“You can’t even defend yourself, you’re probably just fucking another guy.”

I wanted to yell at them, to scream at them, but no words came out. I couldn’t breather anymore and I felt pathetic and I looked around the airport for my sister.

Just then, I felt an arm wrap around me and pull me forcefully away from the circle.

When I realized it was Sophia, I tried to calm myself. She was sending a glare at the girls as she held my arm and quickened our pace out of the airport and into a taxi.

When we were safely inside, she pulled me into a hug.

I felt so weak, I felt so stupid for freezing and not being able to say anything to defend myself.

“You’re okay, Bails.” My sister said softly.

I closed my eyes and focused on breathing like a normal human being, and when I was calmed down, we pulled up to our hotel.

After we got up to our room, we threw our stuff on the beds and Sophia looked at me.

“I wish you’d come with me.” She said softly.

I shook my head.

“There’s no way I’m going to our mother’s house ever again, Sophia.” I replied sternly. She sighed.

“I don’t even know what to say to her.”

“The truth.” I replied, pulling her hands into mine. “You’re pregnant. She’s a doctor. She can help you with your next step, whatever you choose.”

I wiped a tear from my sister’s cheek and she ran a hand through her hair.

“Okay. I’ll call you if I need you, alright?”

I nodded once and my sister disappeared out the door.

Once she was gone, I flopped down on the bed and pulled out my phone.

I wanted to avoid the internet, but curiosity got the best of me when I noticed that Katie, the fan from the café, had mentioned me in a tweet.

@BaileyJane is an amazing person and y’all don’t know shit about her so quit your bitching.

Despite my shitty day, I couldn’t help but laugh as I favorited the tweet and replied to it.

You’re too kind. Thank you, love. Hope all is well!

My fingers itched to read more of what people were saying, but I couldn’t. My brain said the logical thing to do was to call Harry and tell him what happened today, but I couldn’t make him worry about nothing.

I just wanted to sleep, so, I pulled back the covers of the bed and did just that.