Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

36

I was woken up the next morning by my sister saying my name softly.

“No.” I muttered, burying my face further into the pillow.

“Come on, Bails, it’s eleven and I want to go get breakfast.”

I groaned at the pounding in my head, but I knew I needed coffee and greasy food more than anything.

“Okay. Give me a few minutes.”

Once I sat up, I checked my phone and noticed that Harry tweeted.

Curiosity got the best of me and I looked at it.

Take me back, take me home. Watch me fall down to earth.

I groaned. The little shit was tweeting Ed Sheeran lyrics.

I couldn’t handle that in my hungover sate, so I got out of bed and took a quick shower, throwing an outfit on.

When I got out of the bathroom, Sophia was waiting for me.

I laughed at her impatience and linked my arm through hers as we left the hotel to go get breakfast down the street.

Once I got some coffee into my system, I started becoming a more functional human being, and I noticed Sophia smiling at her phone.

“So, you and Liam talked then?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She nodded enthusiastically and I grinned back at her.

“We talked for a long time last night. I talked about how I was feeling, but he insisted that he wants to have a baby and that he’s ready to. I still have my doubts and we have to do major damage control with management and everyone else but… it just feels right, you know? I love him and having a little piece of both of us to love is going to be amazing.”

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I squeezed her hand.

“I’m so happy for you two, Sophia. Honestly. The fact that you guys could talk this out like adults is amazing and shows that you will both be mature parents, I promise. And yeah, the thing about management and damage control sucks, but you can work on it. What about a wedding?”

Sophia twirled her engagement ring around on her finger.

"We talked about that too and we think it’d be best now to wait until after the baby is born, you know? We know we’re going to be together forever so there’s no reason to rush it.”

She shrugged and I was slightly embarrassed for myself at this point. Here my sister was, maturely working out all of her problems with her boyfriend while I was out getting drunk and crying over mine. I sighed, but smiled at my sister.

“I am seriously so happy for you, Soph.”

She beamed, but then turned serious as she looked at me.

“What happened between you and Haz, Bails?” She asked gently. “Liam said you were fighting or something.”

“I just… I just don’t know anymore, Soph. Part of me feels like I’m completely over reacting to the whole situation and I should just call him and tell him I love him and everything will be fine.”

“And what about the other part of you?” She urged, softly grabbing my hand.

“The other part of me knows that me crying outside a bar over him may just be the beginning. Like, I don’t want to be miserable and in a relationship with someone and second guessing everything.” I ran a hand through my hair. “I love him, I honestly truly do, but maybe we both have some growing up to do before we can be in a serious relationship.”

“Oh, honey.” Sophia pulled me into a hug across the table and I sighed.

“So, yeah that’s where my head is at, and I know I need to call him, but I think I need to talk to him in person. When do they come here again?”

Sophia rolled her eyes.

“Do you ever listen?” She laughed. “They’ll be here in two days for the weekend of shows, then I’m going back on the road with them, at least for a few months. I was assuming you’d be coming too, but if you’re not now then we’ll figure it out.”

I sighed again.

“I just don’t want him to hate me, you know?”

“I don’t think that’s possible, babe. Why don’t you call him today? Just tell him you want to talk in person.”

I nodded once, knowing it was the best idea.

When we finished breakfast, I did just that.

I flopped down on the hotel room bed and dialed his familiar number, biting my lip.

“Bailey.” He breathed, picking up after the first ring. That voice was enough to make my heart melt.

“Harry, listen, I’m really sorry I haven’t been answering yours calls, but I think we need to talk about us in person, okay? We can talk when you guys are here in two days.”

“Talk about us?” I heard the panic in his voice. “Listen, Bails, I’m really sorry about what happened the other day, I-“

I cut him off. I couldn’t hear this.
“Harry, I want to talk in person. Okay?”

There was a beat of silence as he sighed.

“Okay. I love you.”

I closed my eyes and counted to ten.

“I love you too, Harry. Bye.”