Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

37

It was the day that the boys were playing their first show in Boston, and I was actually awake early. It felt like my insides were eating themselves out.

I quickly showered and got ready, and when I left the bathroom, Sophia was sitting on the bed waiting for me, talking on her phone.

“Yeah, Bailey, just got out of the bathroom, so we’ll be on our way soon.” She said into the phone as I dried my hair. “Okay, sure, I love you.”

She held out the phone for me to take and I raised an eyebrow, but quickly took it, putting it to my ear.

“Hi, Li, what’s up?” I asked as Sophia went into the bathroom and closed the door.

“Can Sophia hear you?” He asked in response. I waited until the water was turned on, then spoke.

“No, she cannot.” I confirmed. “Why? What’s up?”

“I um…” He sounded nervous.

“Liam, what’s wrong?” I asked gently.

“I um… I want to marry your sister.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, I know, Li, you told me months ago.”

“No, Bailey, I want to marry your sister this weekend.”

My jaw was close to hitting the floor.

“You what?!”

“We talked, and we talked about waiting, but I don’t want to wait anymore. I want to marry her this weekend in front of our friends and family as a romantic surprise kind of deal… Do I sound crazy?”

I laughed.

“No, Liam, this is going to be perfect! What do you need from me?”

I could feel myself growing excited. My sister was going to be getting everything she wanted this weekend.

“Well, I’m having El, Perrie, and Alanna flying in tonight, you know your sister needs bridesmaids, and I want that to be surprise, obviously, so I need you to go meet them at the airport after the show, and then go find a cute little wedding dress for her, you know? Something fitting for the occasion. And dresses for yourselves.”

I was grinning ear to ear.

“I can do that!” I said enthusiastically. “Wait, where is this even going down?”

“I want to keep that a surprise from you, too.” He stated.

I was confused, but I heard the water shut off in the bathroom.

“Okay, Liam, I’ve got to go. See you soon.” I hung up the phone just as Sophia came out of the bathroom.

“What did he want to talk about?” She asked casually.

“Just wanted to talk about Harry, to make sure I’m ready for today and stuff.” I lied easily. “Now come on, we’re gonna be late.”

When we got to the venue, we pulled open the dressing room door and all motion stopped.

I saw Harry and instantly all other feelings except love were pushed from my brain as we ran at each other and met in the middle, me jumping into his arms and him picking me up easily.

I felt nothing except love and the few tears that escaped Harry’s eyes. I squeezed him tightly.

“I love you.” He mumbled into my hair. I sighed and ran my hand through his hair.

“I missed you.” I answered.

Just then, I felt myself being pulled from Harry’s grip and thrown over a shoulder. From the laugh, I knew it was Niail.

“Put me down, Irish!” I yelled as he moved toward the door with my over his shoulder

“Nope.” He replied.

“Stop man handling Bailey!” Paul called, but he was ignored as Niall opened the door and walked out, shutting it behind us. He put me down when we were alone in the hallway.

“Niall.” I started, but he just looked at me.

“Bailey, I just want to make sure you’re ready for this conversation, okay? Two days ago you were crying to me outside a bar about how you don’t deserve him and now you’re running into his arms. You just need to make up your mind one way or another today.”

Damn, Niall was being very serious today.

“I know, Ni.” I stated, putting a hand on his arm. “I’m going to talk to him right now, okay?”
Niall nodded once and we went back into the room.

“Are you done manhandling my girlfriend?” Harry asked.

Niall nodded and I motioned for Harry to come outside with me to the hallway and shut the door behind us.

“Bailey, listen, let me talk, okay?” Harry pleaded. I simply nodded for him to continue.

“I just want to start by apologizing for how the other day went down. I know I didn’t react in the right way. I misplaced my anger. But you have to understand that I love you so much, and when you’re in danger, all I see is red, even if I take it out on the wrong person, I’m sorry.” He took my hand in his, and I let him. “I just think we can make this work still if you forgive me. I’m not perfect, and you need to learn to deal with that without completely shutting me out and ignoring me for two days. It hurt to know that you were talking to Niall and Louis, but not me. I know it was because I messed up, but it hurt.”

Harry ran a hand through his hair as I processed what he said to me.

“Harry, I love you, okay? We can work through this, and I’m sorry I shut you out for so long, but that’s just how I’m used to doing things. Running away from a problem rather than facing it. That’s why I think you deserve to be with someone that doesn’t do that.”

I could feel the tears welling in my eyes.

“What?!” Harry asked, in shock. He put a finger under my chin and lifted my face up so I was looking at him. “Bailey, I’m the one who fucked up, okay? And I don’t want anyone else but you. I love you. I want you to understand that if anyone doesn’t deserve the other in the relationship, I don’t deserve you. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and I’m going to work on making you realize that, okay? Just promise me you won’t run away again, physically or otherwise. Can you promise me that?”

I knew Harry was on the verge of tears, and I knew I didn’t want to run away. I knew we both did need to do some growing up, but we could do it here. Together. By each other’s sides.

I stood on my tip toes and brought my lips gently to his.

“I promise, Harry.” I muttered, wiping a tear from his eye. “I’m all yours.”