Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

4

I woke up the next morning and looked at the clock. 10 A.M. I sighed and got up, hoping in the shower to get ready for the day. When I got out of the shower, however, I realized my problem. I still had no clothes. I mean, I had the clothes Sophia let me wear the day before, and the pajamas she let me wear that night, but I had no real clothes. I sighed again and threw back on the pajamas, bounding downstairs, looking for my sister, who promised to take me shopping that day.

“Soph!” I called. When I didn’t see her in the living room, I walked into the kitchen to find a note on the counter.

B,
Sorry, I know I promised we’d go shopping today, but I got called into work last minute. Call one of the boys, I’m sure they’ll take you! It’s on me! Love you! See you tonight!
Xo


Her credit card lay on the table next to the note. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I really didn’t want to bother the boys with something like this. They would not be interested in shopping with me today. On the other hand, I really needed clothes. I made my decision and ran back upstairs, grabbing my phone from where it was plugged in. Now, who to call? Niall or Louis seemed like a good choice, until I figured out that they were too hyper and would get way too easily bored shopping with me. I remembered that Zayn said he was spending today with his girlfriend, and Liam was recording, so that left one option. Hesitantly, I dialed the curly haired boy’s number.

He picked up after two rings.

“Hullo?” His voice was raspy, as if he had just woken up not long ago. I bit my lip, trying to contain my thoughts.

“I need clothes.” I said in reply. I heard him chuckle softly.

“Well good morning to you, too, Bails” He said. “You need clothes?”

“Yes, I didn’t bring any with me, and Soph said she’d go shopping with me today, but she had to go to work, and I don’t know where anything is or-“

“Okay, B, calm down, I’ll be there in a little while.” He cut me off. I sighed in relief.

“Thank you so much, Haz. Oh, uh, also, can you bring me a shirt?” I could wear the pants I wore yesterday, but not the shirt again. Harry laughed.

“Yeah, I can do that. See you soon.” I hung up the phone and waited downstairs for Harry to get there. When he did show up, I smiled, taking in his appearance, a white t-shirt hung loosely on his top half, while black skinny jeans clung tightly to his legs. He held up a shirt for me and I laughed. It was a shirt with the One Direction logo on it.

“Should I even bother asking why you own a One Direction shirt? Conceited much?” I said, taking the shirt from the boy.

“I just think you should support the best band in the world.” He smiled cheekily at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and went upstairs to change.

&&&

“Okay, I need your honest opinion here.” I called as I exited the dressing room in the 5th store of the day. I knew Harry was tired, but he was a trooper. However, when I looked outside the dressing room for him, he was nowhere to be found.

“Harry?” I called. A minute later, he appeared, coming from the front of the store, looking frazzled.

“Harry, what’s wrong?” I put a hand on his arm.

“B, do you trust me?” He asked. I was put off by the abruptness of the question.

“Harry, what happened?” I asked.

“Just answer the question, Bailey.” He said, his jaw tense. I nodded, scared to talk. “Okay, then I need you to take that off, come back out here, grab my hand, keep your head down, and don’t let go of my hand at all, okay? Can you do that?” I nodded again. When I came back outside, he grabbed my hand and we started walking toward the exit of the store. When I saw all of the people and the camera flashes, I gulped, clutching his hand even tighter. I heard him sigh before we went outside, fighting our way through the mass of paparazzi. They were shouting questions aimed at me, but I just kept my head down as Harry had said. When we got away from them and around the corner, Harry immediately pulled me into a hug, his body tense.

“Harry, it’s okay” I said gently, rubbing his back.

“I just wanted one day to go shopping and for you to enjoy it.” He muttered. “I don’t want them writing about you and asking you questions.”

“Harry, I did enjoy my day spent with you, okay? I enjoyed it, and let’s not let them ruin it. Let’s go back home and watch movies or something, away from all this, alright?” I was trying my best to calm him down. He nodded once and we walked back to Sophia’s house in silence.