Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

6

It was a week later, and it was a rare night that all 7 of us got to hang out together at the same time.

We all just sprawled across the living room of Sophia’s house, staring at the ceiling.

“Okay,” I called, from my position with my feet in Niall’s lap and my head in Harry’s, “We need to do something before I go insane.”

“I couldn’t agree more.” Niall chimed in.

I looked up at Harry, and his eyes were half closed as his hands absentmindedly played with my hair. I resisted the urge to kiss him right then and there, and focused my attention back on the group.

“And before Hazza falls asleep.” I added.

Everyone laughed, and took a minute to think of something to do, when I got an idea, springing up from the couch. Harry made a loud whine in protest, but I shushed him, running out into the kitchen. I took a deep breath once I was out there. If Harry was going to keep being that cute all night, I would have to deepen this plan. I quickly grabbed the bottle of clear liquor from the liquor cabinet and 7 shot glasses, before returning to the living room.

Everyone looked up at me.

“I like this already!” Louis yelled. I laughed.

“Okay, well my idea is sort of an adult truth or dare.” I stated, sitting on the floor next to the table. Everyone else slowly began to take places in a circle around the table, and I handed then each a glass. “The rules are pretty simple. If you pick truth, it’s a lame way out, so you have to take a shot. If a dare involves someone getting naked, everyone has to take a shot. If the truth involves a crush, everyone has to take a shot. Those are both clichés. The end. Do we accept these rules?” My friends all nodded, so I started.

“Okay, Niall, truth or dare?” I asked.

“Dare, obviously.” The Irish man said confidently. I smirked.

“Get naked and run around the block.” I stated, pouring shots into everyone’s glasses.

“Did you start this game just so you could get drunk?” Sophia whispered in my ear as Niall took his clothes off. I shrugged in response as Niall ran out the door and we all took our shots. Harry looked at me with a look I couldn’t read, so I ignored it, focusing on the game as Niall came back, put his clothes back on, and downed his shot. We played a few more rounds, more clothes coming off and same sex celebrity crushes being admitted, shots being taken for all. Then, Liam took the game in an interesting turn.

“B, truth or dare?” He asked.

“Truth.” I said, smiling as the clear liquid went easily down my throat.

“What’s your biggest fear?” He asked, smirking. I closed my eyes,but the alcohol was taking it’s toll on my system, so I was being honest.

“Thunderstorms.” I admitted. They all looked at me.

“Thunderstorms?” Zayn asked.

“Yup.” Not wanting to talk about it any further, I dared Zayn to do naked pushups. A few more rounds happened, and we were all pretty much well on our way to drunk, when it happened.

“Bailey, truth or dare?” My sister asked.

“Truth.” I said, downing the shot. She looked me in the eyes and looked like she was debating asking, then shrugged.

“Why are you really here? What are you running from?” She asked. The room got silent as I stood up.

“Nope.” I replied, shaking my head. I had to get out of there. “This conversation is not happening like this.” I started making my way to the door, feeling a desperate need to leave the suddenly claustrophobic house.

“Bails,” Harry pleaded “It’s late and dark outside, where are you going?”

“I just… I have to get out.” I replied, opening the door and running away into the night as fast as my legs would take me.