Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

7

I knew Harry was following me. I stopped a little while away from the house at a bench and sat down, wiping a few tears from my eyes , before Harry was sitting down next to me.

“Bailey-“ He started, but I cut him off.

“There are things that I just don’t want to talk about yet, Harry.” I stated, avoiding eye contact with him. “Painful things, emotional and physical, that I don’t want to dredge up, because I want to be happy here with my friends.” Harry nodded slowly.

“But, B, that doesn’t mean you can just run away.” He said, softly. “Running away into the dark night is going to do absolutely nothing to solve your problems with your sister except maybe get you killed. And I don’t want to see that happen.”

“Harry, that’s not just it. I also ran for another reason.” I admitted, biting my lip.

“What’s that, love?” He asked, wiping a tear off of my cheek with a thumb.

“I ran from you.” I said slowly.

“From me? What did I do?” He asked, concerned. I sighed.

“More like, I was running because of how I feel for you.” I muttered. “And how strong and intense that feeling is. I’m not used to it.”

“And what’s that feeling?” He asked, hesitantly.

“Every time I’m with you, and you shoot me that goofy smile, I just want to…” I trailed off, and in a small act of confidence, I leaned over and attached my lips to Harry’s. He let out a noise of surprise, but after a second, he moved his lips in sync with mine. And let me tell you, the fireworks, goosebumps, and every other physical reaction that could have happened, happened. We pulled apart and I looked at Harry, who let out a frustrated groan.

“What? What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?” Immediately, I panicked, thinking the worst. That he hated me. He didn’t want to be around me. I stood up, feeling stupid, and then Harry grabbed me by the arms and forcefully pressed his lips to mine again. When we broke apart, he looked me in the eyes.

“What did I just say about running away?” He asked lowly. I smiled.

“Not to do that,” I replied, biting my lip. “Why did you sound frustrated the first time?” He closed his eyes.

“Because that was not how our first kiss was supposed to go.” He stated. “I had this whole first date planned, and I was going to kiss you and it was going to be romantic and-“ I cut him off by attaching our lips again. He pulled me down into his lap and went to deepen the kiss, but I stopped him.

“You were going to ask me out?” I asked. He nodded. “Why?” He looked at me with a look of disbelief.

“Bailey, you’re beautiful, sweet, funny, caring, and goddammit, you give me butterflies every second I’m around you.” He said. Just then, my phone vibrated with a text from Niall. I groaned and got off of Harry’s lap, offering him my hand to take.

“Sorry to ruin the moment, but we should probably go back. Niall is going a little crazy.” Harry laughed, but laced his fingers through mine as we walked back home.

“Oh, and, B?” He said.

“Yeah?” I replied.

“Whenever you’re ready to talk about that stuff from your past, just let me know.” He smiled and we kissed one more time before we broke apart and got to the front doorstep of the house. As soon as we walked up, the door flung open, and strong arms were around me. I sighed as I breathed in the familiar smell of Niall.

“I’m sorry, Ni.” I muttered into his chest. “I won’t do it again.”

“You better not.” He said, still hugging me tight.

“You have 5 new friends who want to help and want to listen to your problems, you don’t have to run away from us, don’t ever forget it.” Louis stated from behind Niall. I felt tears spring to my eyes as Niall let me go. Immediately, my hand found Harry’s again, as if magnetically drawn to it. The boys looked at our hands together, and Niall whistled. I blushed, and looked around, noticing Sophia was missing. I sighed.

“Liam?” I called.

“She’s in her room.” He replied. I nodded and let go of Harry’s hand, kissing his knuckles, before climbing the stairs to try and make everything right with my sister, thoughts of my magical first kiss with Harry still playing in my mind.