Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

8

I lay on my back on my bed next to my sister, sighing.

“How do you do this?” I whined, sounding pathetic, but not caring. Sophia laughed and looked at me.

“Bailey, it’s only been a week, and you’re not even officially dating Harry, and you’re already complaining? Lord help us when the two of you actually get together.”

I rolled my eyes and hit my sister lightly on the arm.

The boys had left a week ago for a two week writing session in L.A, and I was left alone with my sister and my thoughts, never a good combination.

“I don’t know what to do with myself, Soph. It’s not like I have any other friends here.”

“Then go make some.” My sister replied, standing up from the bed. “I have to go to work, but you should go out today and see things and meet people. Promise me you won’t sot around and mope all day.” She kissed my forehead, and I groaned.

“Fine. I promise.” I replied, getting out of bed and going downstairs. When I got down there, I found my phone on the coffee table. Ah, so that’s where I left it last night. I quickly checked it, and sighed, opening the messages from Harry, starting last night.

I miss you.

Louis says to tell you he misses you more. Doubtful.

Are you alive?

I totally want to chop off all my hair. Thoughts?

Okay, you’re totally not alive.

Or you probably left your phone downstairs again.

I’m going to bed. Goodnight/Good morning since it’s like 9 A.M. in London.

I laughed at the texts, the last one sent an hour ago. It was 2 A.M. now where he was, calling him was not an option, so I opened a new text and replied.

Hello, love. Just wanted to write so you know I’m alive when you wake up. I miss you too, and Louis! Probably even more :P Chop your hair off, and I chop your balls off. Talk to you when you wake up!

I took my phone with me to put it on the charger and went upstairs to shower and change. Sophia was right, I needed to get out today and meet new people.

So, a few hours later, I sat in a coffee shop, a coffee in hand. I figured this would be the best way to try to meet new people, and I had just spent a day doing tourist things around the city.

I was right, because a few minutes later, two people approached my table.

“Hi,” The girl said, smiling wide. “Are you in our math class? You look familiar.” The guy with her nodded his head in agreement. I shook my head.

“No, I’m not, sorry. I don’t go to college.” I admitted. “I just came here to get some fresh air, interact with people. You’re welcome to join me.” They both smiled and sat down at my table with me. “I’m Bailey, by the way.”

“I’m Taylor.” The girl said, with a smile.

“Zach.” The boy said.

“So, you’re not from around here.” Taylor stated.

“Nope. Is my accent what tipped you off?” I said, knowing my Boston accent was strong. She nodded.
“I’m here in London visiting my sister.” I explained, sipping my coffee.

“That must be fun!” Taylor said. She was an excitable girl. I nodded.

“So are you guys from around here?” I asked.

“Yup. We go to college here, just around the corner actually.” Zach replied. Just then, my phone rang, and a picture of Harry flashed across the screen. I blushed, and quickly went to hide the picture. I did not need these people recognizing him and wanting to be my friend because of that.

“I’m sorry, can I-“ I started to ask, and Taylor waved me off.

“Take it.” She stated. I smiled in gratitude and pressed answer on the phone.

“Morning, Hazza.” I said, smiling.

“Morning, B.” He replied, his voice gravelly from sleep. “What are you doing? I hear a lot of noise.”

“Actually, I’m out making friends, per Sophia’s request.” I stated. “Can I call you back? When do you go in today?”

“Yeah, I’ll be here a few more hours before going in to write. Go have fun with your new friends.” He replied.

“Thanks, H. I’ll call you later, I promise. I miss you so much!”

“I miss you too, Bee Bee.” His voice was sad and soft, and I bit my lip.

“Are you okay?” I asked quietly.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m fine. Go have fun! Bye!” He hung up the phone, and I shrugged, putting it back in my pocket. My new friends looked at me.

“So, was that your boyfriend?” Taylor asked, eyes sparkling. I sighed.

“Uhm. No. Just a friend.” I replied. “He’s been away in L.A., though, so it’s been hard keeping in touch with the time difference and stuff.”

“Well, here, if you ever need someone to talk to.” Zach slid a piece of paper with both his and Taylor’s numbers on it. I smiled.

“Thank you, you guys are so nice!” I said. “Maybe we can all get together and get to know each other better sometime later this week.” They both nodded enthusiastically as we got up and said our goodbyes, promising to talk later in the week. I felt a sense of triumph in making new friends, people to hang out with when I needed someone to talk to and my core group wasn’t around, but a sense of guilt nagged at me.

Harry’s tone of voice did not sound good, and I couldn’t help but feel like something was going extremely wrong.