Sequel: Over Again

More Than This

9

Just as I walked back in the door of Sophia’s house, my phone started vibrating with a call. I pulled it out, Niall’s picture flashing across the screen.

“Hi, Ni.” I greeted.

“Come skype with us!” He said in response. I grinned, excited to see my boy’s faces.

“Alright, I’ll be on in a second.” I replied, hanging up the phone and going upstairs to my room. I grabbed my laptop and sat down on my bed, opening skype and clicking on Niall’s name. He picked up after a few seconds, and the boy’s faces filled my screen. I smiled, waving at them.

“Hey, boys!” I said. “How’s writing going?”

“It’s going great!” Louis replied. “We already wrote 2 or 3 new songs, and we love them.” I nodded.

“That’s awesome!” I replied, then I looked around the screen, counting the boys. 4. “Hey, where’s Harry?”

The boys all looked at each other, but it was Niall who responded, shrugging.

“On the phone or something.” He said. “But, B, listen, so…” And Niall started telling a story about something funny that happened the day before while they were writing, but I was only half listening. I was wondering about Harry, the silent look the boys shared between them said more words than they ever could say out loud.

- - -


The next week the boys were gone went by pretty uneventful. Taylor and Zach asked me to hang out a few times, and I met them for coffee or lunch, getting to know them better.

However, my mind always started to wander to Harry. His texts and phone calls became less frequent during the week. While I wanted to attribute it to him being busy with work, but I wasn’t so sure.

Friday, the day the boys were coming home, came quickly. However, they had a car picking them up at the airport, and they were arriving pretty late at night, so I knew I wouldn’t see them until the following day.

Before going to bed, I sent Harry a quick text, not being able to resist.

Can’t wait to see you tomorrow!

Then, I headed upstairs. I changed into sleep shorts and a sweater I stole from Harry before he left. It still smelled like him. Just as I was about to get into bed, the doorbell rang. My eyes shot to the clock, confused. It was 1 in the morning. I went downstairs and opened the door, surprised to see the curly haired boy standing in front of me, bags in hand. He dropped them when I opened the door, and held his arms open. Immediately, I lunged into them.

“This is my favorite sweater.” He mumbled tiredly, pulling at the fabric of the shirt. “I was looking for it.”

I laughed and reveled in the warmth of Harry, before releasing him and looking up at his tired eyes.

“You weren’t supposed to be here until tomorrow.” I said, putting my hand on my hip. He gave me a lazy smile.

“I came here right from the airport. I wanted to see you.” He admitted, shrugging. I ignored the butterflies in my stomach and ushered him inside. He bent down and unzipped his bag, pulling something out. “I made you something.”

I looked at what he was holding out to me, and grinned.

“You did not.” I said, looking at the bouquet of roses, except all of the roses had been replaced with bacon molded to be shaped like roses. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Instead, I threw my arms around his neck. I could feel him smiling against the skin of my neck.

“Well, you said it was the way to your heart, so.” He said as we pulled apart, shooting me a cheeky grin, followed by a long yawn.

“You must be tired.” I stated, looking up at him. He nodded once and then took my hand. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, but he led me up the stairs to my room. I watched as he took off his shirt and plopped down on my bed, without asking, not that I minded at all. I turned to leave and let him sleep in my bed, since he obviously needed sleep.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He mumbled, his voice low. I shrugged. I didn’t want to leave, but I also didn’t want to push the boundaries in this relationship, especially since he had practically ignored me for a week. “Come here.”

It was not a question. I bit my lip for a minute, trying to decide what to do, before I caved and crawled into my bed next to Harry. He sighed in contentment and pulled me into his body, kissing my hair.

“I really missed you.” He said, softly, almost sadly. I turned to face him and started running my hand softly through his hair. Within a minute, he was asleep. My stomach did flips as I watched him with tired eyes.

“I missed you too, Harry.” I whispered. “You have no idea how much.”