Seeing Double

wild & shy

♥ The Wild One ♥

Olivia had originally thought that Brennan was the one that would be killing her, but as she walked behind her sister, small suitcase in tow, she knew that she would be the one who was killing Brennan.

It seemed like she was going to have to break her promise to herself about not seeing Harry again, and it was all Brennan’s fault. Why her sister insisted that this be the time she have to take responsibility she didn’t know, but she was going to kill her.

The girls were walking through the parking garage of the large hotel Olivia had been at not long ago, and a man in a black suit stopped them before they could journey closer to the level of the garage they had been told to meet the boys at.

He held his hands up, not meeting either of their eyes. “This area is closed off. I’m going to have to ask the two of you to leave.”

Brennan spoke up first, shining her bright smile to the burly man. “It’s okay. We’re cleared to go. Brennan and Olivia Whitmore.”

The man lifted his dark sunglasses off his nose, finally meeting their eyes, and pressed his lips together as he spoke. “Can I see some ID please?”

The girls quickly nodded their heads and pulled out their wallets, and as soon as the man got a look at them, he stepped to the side. “Go ahead. The bus is the next floor up.”

Brennan smiled at the man, but Olivia was practically shaking. She was never one to get nervous, but something about the fact that she would have to see Harry again had her stomach in knots. Of course, it would be Brennan who he was talking to, but that didn’t make her feel any better.

By the time the girls reached the bus, they had been stopped by two more guards, who had each gone through the same formalities as the others. Olivia thought about just keeping her wallet out before Brennan turned to her.

“We should switch wallets,” Brennan said, passing hers to Olivia while she took her sister’s from her hand. “Just in case.”

Olivia nodded her head before tucking Brennan’s wallet in her bag. That would be an embarrassing explanation if they were to get caught.

Olivia was thankful Brennan was the one who walked first onto the large bus, led by a man who Olivia recognized from the tabloids as Paul.

“Harry, she’s here,” Paul shouted out before twisting his eyebrows. “Or, well, they’re here.”

There was the soft sound of feet crashing onto the floor before Harry popped out of the back room to greet them with a smile. Olivia’s heart leapt at the sight of him, and he paused for a moment, just staring at the two of them. It was a few seconds later when he finally spoke.

“Which one of you is –”

“I’m Olivia,” Brennan said. She waved her arm back to Olivia, giving her a look that only a twin could decipher. “And this is my sister, Brennan. I don’t think the two of you have met.”

Harry shook his head before holding his hand out to Olivia. Her heart pounded as she reached for it, and when their skin met, he shook his hand softly. “We haven’t. I’m Harry.”

He smiled at her only briefly before turning back to Brennan. “It’s so good to see you again. I wasn’t sure you were going to come.”

“It was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up,” Brennan said, flashing him her sweetest smile. “Thank you for letting Brennan come, too.”

Harry chuckled, nodding his head. “Of course. The more the merrier.” Harry gave Olivia a quick smile before taking Brennan’s hand. “Follow me, I want you to meet the guys.”

Harry was looking only at Brennan, and Olivia wasn’t sure whether or not that invitation was extended to her, but when Brennan reached back and grabbed onto her hand, she knew she didn’t have a choice but to follow the two of them to the back of the bus.

There was only a small sliding door separating them from the other part of the bus, and when it opened, the unmistakable smell of man filled Olivia’s nose. Putting five boys in a small area was never a good idea, no matter how handsome and hygienic they seemed to be.

The four other boys were sitting around a small table, each with several cards in their hands, and it appeared they were in the midst of a serious card game when Brennan and Olivia had arrived. It wasn’t until Harry cleared his throat that the boys finally realized someone else was in the room and popped their heads up from the intense game.

“This is Olivia,” Harry said once he had the guy’s attention. He squeezed Brennan’s hand tighter and smiled. “The girl I was telling you about.”

It seemed like the real Olivia was destined not to be a part of the conversation until Brennan reached around and pulled her forward. “And this is my sister, Brennan.”

Olivia gave a nervous smile, wishing Brennan wouldn’t have said anything at all because now all four of them were just staring.

“When you said twins I didn’t know that was what you meant,” Louis said, chuckling as he leaned back in his seat. “It’s like I’m seeing double.”

“Real funny, Lou,” Zayn replied as he pressed his lips together. He smiled at the girls and nodded his head. “It’s nice to meet you both.”

Olivia smiled back as each of the boys introduced themselves, though she already knew their names, and she tried to ignore the fact that she couldn’t stop staring at Brennan and Harry’s hands wrapped around each other. It was going to be a long trip, Olivia realized.

“I’ll show you where you can put your things,” Harry said to Brennan, but Olivia went ahead and assumed he was talking to both of them since they’d have to put their things together. Olivia followed slowly behind the two of them until they reached a small closet which was only big enough to fit both of their bags.

Harry took Brennan’s and hoisted it onto the shelf. To Olivia’s surprise, he then reached for hers and set it right on top of Brennan’s.

Once they had their bags put away, Brennan turned to Harry and smiled. “Do you have a restroom? We just need to freshen up.”

Harry smiled softly, nodding his head while he pointed to a door on the left. “Just right there.”

Brennan quickly grabbed Olivia’s hand and pulled her into the restroom. As soon as the door shut behind them, Olivia let out a long sigh and leaned her back against the wall.

“Are you starting to regret this whole switch-a-roo thing?” Brennan asked while she looked at her reflection in the mirror, fluffing up her hair a bit. “It’s not too late to switch back, you know. We can change clothes and Harry won’t know the difference.”

Olivia let out a deep breath, shaking her head. It was strange to see Harry with Brennan instead of herself, but that was what made Olivia know that she couldn’t – under any circumstances – get close to him. They had only spent one night together and she was already so wrapped up in him that she knew nothing good could come with being from him for a second longer.

“No,” Olivia said, shaking her head again. “It’s better this way.”

Brennan smiled back at her sister in an attempt to comfort her. “Let’s go then,” Brennan said as she turned the doorknob. “And don’t lose your cool out there.”

♥ The Shy One ♥

Brennan hoped that reverse psychology would have worked on Olivia but to her dismay, it didn't. She really didn't want to do this but if this is what it took to prove a point then she would.

Brennan walked towards Harry after her talk with Olivia and plopped down beside him. He immediately laced his fingers with hers and she smiled looking to Olivia who had taken a seat by Louis.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Harry asked, looking to Brennan.

She bit her lip slightly. It was really hard trying to be the outgoing twin when you weren't. She tried to think of an answer before Louis jumped up.

"We can play 20 questions."

Zayn rolled his eyes. "Louis, how old are you?"

Louis stuck his tongue out and Harry looked to Brennan who just shrugged.

"We can play," Brennan said, looking over to Olivia who had been quiet.

"I want to ask the first question," Louis said, looking at Brennan.

"Go ahead, Louis," Brennan said,

Louis smiled and thought for a moment. "Have you ever been to jail?"

Brennan chuckled and shook her head. "Nope, neither of us have," she said, motioning to Olivia.

Harry smiled at her. "Okay, I have a question. Have you guys ever switched places?"

Brennan flicked her eyes to Olivia but managed a smile. "Many times. It always took a while for someone to figure it out."

Niall smiled and looked at the twins. "So, how do we know you guys aren't switched right now?"

Brennan's smile faded slightly before Harry laughed. "Trust me, Niall. I can tell the difference."

That was Brennan's cue to give a smirk and look at him. "This coming from the guy who had to ask who was who when we came on the bus," she said and the boys laughed, even Olivia.

Brennan looked to her sister and mentally kicked herself for agreeing to this. She truly felt uncomfortable talking so much. She looked over to Zayn and Liam who had barely said a word and envied them for being allowed to be quiet.

Harry had managed to rap an arm around her shoulders, getting comfortable which made Brennan uncomfortable. She had never really had a boyfriend and it was all new to her. She did theatre in highschool which helped her pull off this stunt but she was truly terrified of being this close to someone.

Brennan flicked her eyes to Harry who just smiled.

"We will be at our next stop in an hour or so and then we can do whatever you girls want," Liam said, noticing the unsettling awkward silence.

Harry looked at Brennan but managed to look at Olivia as well. "Do you have anything in mind?"

Brennan shrugged. "I don't know. We should do something like play paintball or something where everyone has fun."

The guys made sounds of agreement and Brennan sighed to herself. This was really hard for her.

The last hour on the bus was simple talking but too much for Brennan. She was glad when the bus stopped and everyone got out to play paintball.

"So have you ever played paintball before?" Harry asked Brennan who nodded.

"I'm pretty good, I guess," she said, hoping she could cover up the lie. It was true that Olivia was pretty good but Brennan was not. She wasn't into sports or anything that physical.

"Well, we're putting this team deciding to random. So, Harry you can't automatically get your girlfriend," Louis joked sending Brennan to have a blush on her cheeks. He called her Harry's girlfriend. She didn't expect that.

Brennan shook the thought and stood with the boys outside of the bus with Olivia.

"So, how are we picking teams? Also, we have an uneven number," Harry said, grabbing Brennan's hand.

'When will the touching end?' she thought before being pulled out by Zayn's voice.

"Well, how about whichever team gets Liam can have four because he's terrible," he said earning a playful glare from Liam.

"That still doesn't answer how we pick teams." Olivia said, one of the only things that she had managed to say.

Louis smiled and shrugged. "How about me, you, Liam, and Zayn against Niall, Olivia, and Haz?" Louis asked amd everyone nodded. Brennan bit her lip as they walked into the Paintball Arcade. They paid for the equipment and the boys went to the dressing room to get dressed and the twins went the other way to their dressing room.

Brennan looked at Olivia as they started to change and sighed.

"Liv, just this once I need you to be you on this trip."

Olivia looked at her sister with confusion. "Why?"

Brennan looked down as she did her boots and sighed. "Because I was being you and said I was amazing at paintball and I really suck," she said, tying her hair back, identical to her sister's current hairstyle.

"Bren, what if something happens with Harry?" Olivia spoke in an almost whisper and Brennan looked at her with a soft smile.

"Well then hopefully it will be the last time."

Olivia nodded and handed Brennan a blue armband that represented she was on Louis's team, taking the red one from Brennan.

After the two were ready, Brennan let her own personality settle in and walked out with Olivia. Brennan watched as her sister went straight to Harry's side but had a look of fear etched on her face. Brennan was going to try to prevent that look from now on.
♠ ♠ ♠
♥ The Wild One ♥

Uh oh, looks like Olivia might have gotten herself into a mess of trouble.
Hopefully she can handle herself!

Thanks so much for reading!
We'd love to know your thoughts(:

♥ Katie ♥

♥ The Shy One ♥

Hey guys it took me a bit longer to put this up and I apologize. Again sorry for the wait. Give us feedback, we would love to hear from you!
Xoxo
Ema