Seeing Double

lovestruck & devastated

♥ The Lovestruck One ♥

After the date with Zayn and Brennan going to bed angry, all Olivia wanted was some fresh air. She managed to slip out of the tour bus unnoticed, with the only thing around being the trees on the opposite end of the lot they had parked at for the night. It was strange to have everything so quiet for once, but Olivia enjoyed it.

She’d barely made it a few feet away from the tour bus when she heard the door open, followed by the sound of Harry’s voice.

“Olivia, hey,” he said, causing Olivia to look back at him. He had a smile on his face, one hand shoved in his pocket and the other rubbing across the back of his neck. “Are you busy?”

Olivia shook her head, smiling back at him because smiling at him was so easy. “Of course not.”

“Great. I was wondering if we could finish our talk from earlier?”

Luckily, Brennan had briefed Olivia on a little bit of what they had talked about, so she wasn’t expecting anything surprising. “I don’t see why not.”

“Great,” Harry said again, his smile widening as he looked at Olivia. He took a few steps forward so he was right next to her and slowly reached for his hand. When his skin touched hers, Olivia’s heart leapt and didn’t stop when his hand wrapped around hers, pulling her in the direction of the trees.

When they reached the end of the parking lot, Harry sat just beneath a tree, pulling Olivia down with him. They faced each other and Harry smiled, placing their clasped hands on top of her knee.

“So, where were we?”

Well, shit.

Olivia had absolutely no idea, so all she could do was shrug her shoulders and hope for the best. “I think you were about to say something?”

“Oh, you’re right.” Harry let out a small chuckle while he looked out towards the tour bus before looking back at Olivia. “Girlfriend, wasn’t it?”

Nearly fainting at the mention of that word, Olivia had to force down the growing lump in her throat, her eyes blinking quickly as she attempted to center herself. Was that what they had been talking about? If so, why didn’t Brennan mention it? Olivia thought that was definitely something worth mentioning.

“Right,” Olivia said, using everything she had to prevent her voice from cracking as she spoke. “Girlfriend.”

Harry smiled the biggest smile Olivia had ever seen, which was saying something for Harry, and he scooted a little bit closer while clutching more tightly onto her hands. “Like I was saying, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, and there’s nothing in the world I want more than to be able to call you my girlfriend. The things I feel for you, Olivia, are things I’ve never felt before.”

“Harry, I –”

The look on her face must have said more than her words did, because he was quickly interrupting her, his eyes looking at her wide in disbelief.

“You – oh, god, you don’t feel –”

“Harry, no,” Olivia said quickly as she shook her head. For some reason, the last thing she wanted was for Harry to think that she didn’t have feelings for him. “Of course, I do. Of course.”

Harry sat frozen for a moment, biting his lip as he looked at Olivia. After several seconds he cleared his throat and began rubbing his thumb across the back of Olivia’s hand. “If you don’t want the commitment, I understand, Liv. I swear, I do. I’ll wait as long as you need.”

Olivia couldn’t believe how sweet and tender Harry was being, especially since she had nearly rejected him. It didn’t seem possible that one person could be everything that Olivia didn’t believe a boy could be. She’d been hurt so many times before, and she still wasn’t sure if she could trust Harry, but she knew she couldn’t keep living life the way she was.

She had dragged far too many people into her problems and changed far too many people’s lives. She didn’t know what was going to happen in the future or even what was going to happen now, but she knew she couldn’t keep living her life in fear of things that may never happen.

“Harry, I don’t want to wait,” Olivia said, a small smile falling to her face while she looked at him. Her heart was banging in her chest with how nervous she was, and she was sure that if something didn’t happen soon she’d lose the ability to breathe.

Harry smiled back at her, causing her heart to flip again, and he held onto her hand more tightly, though it was hardly possible. “Really?”

Olivia just nodded, and Harry quickly leaned forward, using his hand to pull Olivia towards him while he leaned against her. He was hovering just over her, with his face just inches from her, and Olivia could feel his breath rolling against her lips.

His smile faded as he looked into her eyes, and everything that Olivia felt for Harry hit her all at once. Her breath ripped from her lungs as Harry leaned forward just a little bit more, and finally pressed their lips together. Olivia could barely breathe, but somehow her body knew exactly what to do, and she found herself easily kissing Harry back.

They stayed like that for a few moments, holding onto each other while they were lost in an endless kiss, until they both pulled away together, looking at each other with smiles on their faces. Harry’s grin widened and he pushed a stray piece of hair behind Olivia’s ear. “You’re perfect, you know that?”

Olivia blushed and looked away, chuckling softly before she looked back at him. “Thank you, Harry. I think you’re perfect.”

Harry smiled again, then stood up and held his hand out to Olivia. When she grabbed onto it, he helped her up and pulled her body against his, wrapping his arm around his waist. He placed a soft kiss to the top of her head, which nearly made Olivia lose her balance, and then took a few steps forward. “What do you say we head back to the bus? I’d love to be able to cuddle on the sofa before we have to go to bed.”

Olivia nearly chuckled at the mention of cuddling, but really nothing sounded better. She nodded her head quickly as she bit her lip. “That sounds perfect. I just need to talk to Bren first.”

Harry smiled down at her and tightened his grip on her waist before they began walking back to the bus. “Just make it quick.”

And of course, Olivia promised that she would.

♥ The Devastated One ♥

Brennan was finally almost asleep before light flooded her bunk. She turned around to see her sister peering in the bunk with a soft smile.

"What do you want, Liv?" Brennan said, slightly bitter.

"Can you just come talk to me in the back for a moment?" Olivia asked pleadingly.

Brennan knew that it had to be important if Olivia was desperately pleading. She just didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. She looked at her skeptically for a moment before nodding and getting up to follow Olivia to the back lounge. Brennan groggily sat on the small sofa as Olivia stood against the wall. Brennan stared at her sister, unable to read her emotions.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked with skepticism.

Olivia let out a deep sigh but smiled lightly. "It's about us switching places."

Brennan bit her lip and froze, thinking she heard foot steps.. When the bus got silent, she spoke in a fierce whisper. "It's the middle of the night, Olivia. You want to switch right now?" She couldn't believe her sister wanted to switch now. It just made Brennan's blood boil even more.

Olivia shook her head and Brennan raised an eyebrow. "I want to tell you that I don't want to switch anymore."

"Wait, really?" Brennan couldn't believe what she heard as Olivia nodded. "Why the sudden change in heart?" she asked surprised. She wasn't expecting this from her sister at all.

Olivia smiled lightly. "I think I was wrong about Harry. I want to give it a shot. You've been me most of this trip and it's not fair to you either. I don't want to have you pretending to be me if I have nothing to be worried about. So, yeah, I don't want to switch her places anymore."

Brennan opened her mouth to speak before someone petruded the doorway.

"Wait, you two have been switched this whole time?" Louis said loudly which startled Brennan. She heard foot steps behind Louis to see Harry and Zayn appear from the darkness.

Brennan whipped her head around to look at Olivia who had paled slightly.

Harry walked towards Olivia and stood in front of her, seeming afraid to touch her. "Liv, tell me this a joke."

Brennan watched Olivia start to break slightly. "H-harry, I can't do that." As soon as she spoke, Harry turned to walk out of the bus. "Harry let me explain-"

Harry kept going moving past Louis and Zayn. Brennan eventually heard the bus door slam and Olivia going after him.

Brennan sat there with her back turned away from the walkway. She didn't want to see Zayn's face. She felt that it was all about to come crashing down.

"Bren?" Zayn asked from the doorway.

Brennan made the mistake by looking at Zayn and her worst fear was confirmed. His jaw was firmly clenched and he looked on the verge of a breakdown. Brennan tried to look at Louis but saw that he had disappeared from the drama. "Zayn if you let me explain the situation-"

"You don't deserve the right to explain. I should have known something was up. You were always hot and cold towards me but I shrugged it off. You know, I was hesitant about letting my guard down with you," he said with his voice shaking slightly and Brennan hoped to god that he wouldn't lose it. "But, I did. I let my guard down while we were at the paintball arena and you waltzed right into my heart. I didn't know that falling for someone could be so easy. It took merely hours but I seriously thought I was already in love with you. Then when we went to the movies and you were being different with me. I seriously don't even know who I fell for or who I kissed. All I know now is whoever it was, I don't feel that way now," he said before hitting the wall with his fist and storming off.

Brennan watched him walk away in shock, not knowing what actually happened before it all processed in her mind. She pulled her knees to her chest as the tears started to fall freely. Zayn hated her. He legitimately hated her guts and she couldn't even tell him it wasn't her fault. It was her fault as much as it was Olivia's.

Brennan sat there for a bit and cried before she felt a hand touch her shoulder while her body shook with sobs.

"Brennan?" Liam said, sitting beside her.

Brennan looked up with tear filled eyes and bit her lip harshly, filling a bit of blood enter her mouth.

Liam kept his soft expression and wiped a stray tear from her face. "Do you want to tell me the whole story? I know that there has to be a reason."

Brennan nodded and sighed deeply before speaking. "Olivia had always been the person to get into messy relationships and always ended up getting hurt. I would always pick up the pieces of her broken heart because I felt that I always needed to make my sister happy. When she slept with Harry, I told her that she needed to deal with her own problems but she looked at me with a scared look and I told her that I would pretend to be her so she wouldn't have to go through the heartbreak. So, now I'm sitting here regretting everything and hurt two people who didn't deserve it," she said, hoping Liam wouldn't yell at her. She just wouldn't be able to deal with it.

He sighed before wrapping his arms around her small frame. "And what are you going to do now?"

Brennan leaned into his embrace. "I don't know. Zayn hates me."

He shook his head against her and stroked her hair lightly. "No, he doesn't. He's just upset."

"Even if he doesn't, he doesn't ever want to see me again," she said letting go of Liam and he bit his lip.

"So, what are you going to do then?"

Brennan sighed and stood up. She felt her lungs were collapsing as she tried to take a breath. "The only thing I can do. I'm going to give him what he wants. I'm going to leave the tour and his life."
♠ ♠ ♠
♥ The Lovestruck One ♥

Awww, wasn't Harry just the little sweetie?!
I don't know why Olivia ever thought that she could resist him!

Thank you so much for reading!
I'd love to know your thoughts(:

♥ Katie ♥

♥ The Devastated One ♥

Oh no. The boys know. Brennan's leaving? This story gives me major major feels. I even hate myself sometimes.
Let us know your thoughts. I love every single one of you and your comments make my day. Always.
Xoxo
Ema