Status: Please comment I'm dying, your so silent!!! Thank for reading

Beaten

Chapter 9: Why's and Unanswered Questions

Miss B's POV

I got home from visiting Lacy at the hospital, in complete exhaustion.
Now making past the 5 month mark, in my pregnancy, I was huge, throwing up constantly, weird cravings, complete exhaustion, and just plain crap feeling.
Ready to go to bed, i slowly walked up the stairs to the bedroom I shared with Carter.
I felt along the wall for the light switch, when I finally turned it on, Carter sat there.
The way he scared me, my baby almost made me wet my pants.
" You scared the crap out of me " I put my hand across my chest.
" Where have you been? " He sat cross legged on the bed.
Shoot. What am I going to tell him?
" I.. Um... I was at a... Teach- teacher workshop " I stuttered, lying.
" This late? Again? " He still stared at me with a blank expression.
" Yeah, I live for my job. I am a dedicated teacher " I smiled, satisfied with the lie.
Carter nodded, like he wasn't sure to believe me " Come here, baby " He patted the spot on the bed next to him.
I slowly sat down, getting nervous.
" How are you and the baby doing? " Carter asked curiously.
I was surprised he was interested.
" Great, just some morning sickness " I sighed.
" You know I love you " He kissed my cheek, leaning in toward my lips, but I moved away " Don't do that to me Amb "
I was too afraid to be hurt, to move away again.
His lips landed on mine, and he held on.
Carter's hands started to wander, nicely placing one hand on my belly.
I wanted to spit up, or just throw up in his mouth.
Vomit rose up in my throat.
I let it go.
He shoved me away, and I fell backwards off the bed.
Carter spit up my vomit, as I wiped my face and pushed myself to my feet.
Panting, I darted toward the steps.
Carter caught up to me quick, shoving me backwards, down the steps.
In a reflex, I covered my belly with my hand.
Will this ever stop?
No matter how pregnant I am, Carter will still hurt me.
I couldn't believe I admitted to Christie that I thought I was Lacy's mother.
Everything was coming back to me.
Lacy did look a lot like me, and when I found out Christie was her ' adopted ' mother, I couldn't believe I got the flashback of the day I gave them up, she took the youngest one.
Could Lacy be her?
My thoughts were cut short, as my vision returned.
I shot up from the floor toward the kitchen.
He grabbed the back of my hair, tugging my head backward, and snapping my locket off of my neck.
I screamed " No! "
That locket meant everything to me, it had the only family pictures, I had, in it.
I was going to fight back now, I'm not a wimp anymore.
I grabbed at him, and caught the necklace out of his hand, it flew across the room.
" Why are you doing this? " I screamed " I thought you loved me "
Carter stopped and stared at me.
I felt like we were having a staring contest or something, because we just stared for a few minutes in silence.
Carter finally looked away, and turned toward the counter of the island, he picked up a plate and trailed his finger across the white china.
I panted, still just staring at him.
Carter suddenly dropped the plate, letting it smash to the floor in pieces.
I gasped and jumped back a foot.
The next thing I knew, Carter whipped the other plate at me, shattering it across my face.
I fell onto the floor, tears racing down my face, I reached up my hand to my nose and cheek.
Blood came down on my fingers, and ran into my mouth.
Carter grunted and walked over my body, leaving me to lose consciousness all over again from abuse.

A bright light shined through my eye lids.
Cautiously, I sat up.
I was on the kitchen floor, near the patio.
Shards of glass surrounded me, along with drops and splatters of blood.
Dried blood covered my face and hands, crusting into my nails.
I dropped my hand to my belly, the baby was kicking hard, thank god he/she was okay.
I wondered where Carter was.
Without thinking twice about it, I grabbed my phone off the island and dialed Eric's number.
" Hello? " Eric answered after only a few rings. He sounded tired.
" Eric, I need you now! " I weeped.
" Oh, hey little A, what's wrong? You know it's only 7:00 AM " Eric got concerned.
" Carter hurt me last night, and I'm bleeding bad, and so afraid he'll come back " I continued to weep.
" Oh my god " He gasped " Ill be right there, grab some money too, we are going shopping " We hung up.
I slowly got off the floor and grabbed my purse.
As I walked toward the door, I stole a look at the mirror.
With some baby wipes from my purse, I wiped dried blood off my face, and put clear bandages over a couple cuts.
Eric honked the horn outside.
I wiped tears away again, and glanced once more at my horrid, bloody reflection, then ran outside, jumping in the passenger side.
" Are you okay? ' Eric immediately asked.
" I'm fine " I sniffled.
" No your not, what did he do? " He gently touched my nose.
" He threw the glass plates around then left " I whimpered.
" God. That son of a b*tch, I can't take this anymore " Eric slammed his fists against the steering wheel.
I cringed.
Then he leaned over and held onto me.
" This will stop soon, I promise " He told me in a whisper.
At that time I wasn't sure if he was right, or what he meant.
All I knew was I was safe on his arms... For now.

2 months later...

I have never been so sick in my entire life.
Continuos vomiting cannot be healthy, whatever I put down, came right back up.
For everything I was throwing up, my belly was huge, I looked like I was giving birth to twins, instead of the one I had in there.

Carter hasn't really done anything to me in the past months, I'm thinking he's probably scared that he'll hurt the baby.
This baby is practically saving my life right now, if I weren't for 'it', I'd probably be dead.
Carter has started buying stuff for the nursery, and so has Eric.
We've painted a room near Carter and I's room, green, for the school colors, and since we didn't know the gender.
I've bought plenty of clothes, for myself ( since I can't fit into like anything anymore ) and for the baby, I've bought neutral gender clothes, boy clothes, and girl clothes.
The nursery is basically ready, but me... I'm not ready to have this kid yet, only 2 months to go though.
It's late January, I'm due in early April/late March, not long now.
No one is really ready for this kid, let's just hope he/she isn't ready either.

Lacy's POV

Nothing has really came to me since the ' incident '.
Haley either.
I wish it would come back to me, I had to know!
Ever once and a while, I'll get some type of flashback, but it's just faded words.
Something about my real parents, and Haley.
Why can't I remember? What happened?
Some many questions... Why? To many Why's. Why?
Sometimes I don't really know why life is full of unanswered questions.
And usually people just let them go eventually, but like I said before, I'm not like those people... I'm different... I don't let things go... I'm determined. I have to know!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited for this to continued! I love it!!! :p
Thnx for reading
Xxx 1419