Status: Please comment I'm dying, your so silent!!! Thank for reading

Beaten

Chapter 14: Why I Fell In Love With You

Still Miss B's POV

I fell asleep in the passenger seat of the car on the way home.
Bea took Amy, Kendra, Haley, and Lacy home, so that Eric and I could be alone.
" You okay? " Eric finally asked, not realizing I was asleep " Amber? "
He elbowed me and I jolted awake " What?! "
" I said you okay? " Eric asked again.
" Yeah... I'm fine " I sighed and put my forehead on my hand, staring out the window.
" We should be in the nursery with the babies right now " I whined.
" I know, I'm sorry it was false, but look on the bright side " Eric kissed my cheek.
" What's the bright side dear? " I said sarcastically.
" The babies will be more healthy the closer you get to the due date " Eric grabbed my hand. " And no matter how much pain, how big your belly gets, or how hormonal you get, I'm always going to be there, and love you "
" I'm always gonna love you too " I smiled " You guys too " I rubbed my belly and laughed.
" Me too " Eric leaned over quick and kissed my stomach.
" Watch the road, Mr. Daddy " I laughed and pushed him back to his seat.
He smiled sarcastically and pulled into my driveway.
" bye, love ya " We kissed and I made a sign for him to pull away fast, before Carter noticed us.
I hobbled up to the front door, grabbing my keys from my purse.
Just before I got the key in the lock, Carter opened the door.
" hey, hun, where's the baby? " He asked confused.
" you don't see the huge belly? " I said in a cold tone " It's still inside me "
" Oh " Was all he said, and wrapped his arms around my waist, as he walked me inside " I have a surprise for you "
" Really? " I was surprised, yet nervous.
We walked around the corner to the big kitchen/dinning room and saw something incredible.
He had candles set up, a gorgeous dinner waiting, and 2 tall wine glasses.
Glancing across the room, I saw a crib, Carter must've noticed my gaze, and explained " sorry, I expected a baby "
" That's fine, I got some time with this belly left " I smiled and rubbed my huge stomach.
Carter led me to the table and pulled out the chair " My dear "
" Thank you " I smiled and sat down.
He sat across from me, and poured some wine called "Red Springs" into his glass, and was about to pour mine when I pulled my glass away " Can't drink "
" Oh yeah, sorry, want some... Orange juice? " Carter asked.
I nodded " Sorry, no alcohol when I'm pregnant "
He walked to the fridge and I just sat there, trying to process why all of the sudden he was being the Carter I fell in love with years ago.
But things have changed since then, when he started to abuse me, and I let him.
Why do I let him?
Before I could answer my own question, Carter poured the orange juice in my glass, and sat down.
" So... Ideas of names? " He asked.
" Names? " I gave him a look.
" Like, baby names " He poked at his wine glass, like he was nervous or something.
If anyone should be nervous, I should be nervous.
This could turn bad easily, in a second I could get hit with a wine glass or a fork.
" Oh, well... I kinda made a list " I stuttered and pulled at my purse.
" Names " I read off " For a boy, Josh, Zachary, Drew, Noah, Nicholas, and Graham "
" And for a girl? " Carter smiled, his teeth shining.
" For a girl, Skylar, Cassidy, Mia, Amanda, Zoe, Carly, Kaylee, Jolie, Eve, and Allison "
I finished.
" Might want to narrow those down " Carter snickered.
" Okay then, maybe for a girl, we could narrow it down too... Kaylee, Jolie, Allison, Carly, or Cassidy "
" Like those " Carter sipped his wine.
" And a boy... Drew and Noah " I finished crossing leftovers off.
" Nice " Carter smiled again.
" Thanks " I felt my face turn hot, I had a bad feeling.
Carter got up, took my hand, and led us to the living room, where we slumped on the couch.
I shifted uneasy next to him.
He could tell I was on edge.
" Your so beautiful " Carter stared at me.
I blushed and looked past him into the wall mirror.
I didn't really look that good, my halfway to my elbow, length dishwater brown hair was damp from sweating, I wore a black maturity sweatshirt, black baggy sweats, little makeup on, and most of all, the attention drawing, huge, round, belly I was carrying with two children in it.
Carter put his hand on my belly, and slowly slid it downward.
I grabbed his hand " Carter don't... I- I can't "
" Oh don't be such a party pooper " Carter lunged for my lips but I put my hand in front of my mouth " No " I said again.
I stood up as fast as I could.
" Amber don't do this to me " Carter stood up too.
" Just stay back " I put my hands out and started walking backwards.
I pressed my back against the wall and he kept coming closer.
His breath blew onto my face as I closed my eyes.
All of a sudden he backed away, just in time to kick me. In the stomach. Hard.
My children, my only connection to Eric. I bet was gone.
I fell to the ground, tears rolling down my face, as I placed my hand on my stomach, praying they would move for their mom.

Lacy's POV

I drew hearts on my homework while I looked like a stalker watching Miss B sleep.
This had to be the sixth time in only 7 months, that she'd been in the hospital.
Miss B had been passed out for a few hours, after Amy found her unconscious on the floor, she'd passed out over 2 hours earlier, and Carter fled the scene.
It was nearly midnight and I was surprised I hadn't fell asleep yet.
I looked up at Miss B, her face was badly bruised, and she had IV's in her arms.
" Knock knock " Eric said from the doorway as he knocked on the wood.
I smiled and waved to him.
" How ya doing Little B? " Eric asked as he sat down by me on the floor.
" You should be asking how she's doing " I pointed Miss B.
' Well how's she doing? " Eric asked.
" The doctors said she's doing good, Ms. Payton's asleep, um, oh on the chair over there " I pointed a little past the bed, at asleep Ms, Payton.
" So who else is coming? " I asked him.
" Well, have you contacted any of the girls? " Eric looked down at my phone.
" Yeah, Kendra knows, but Jane and Nikki haven't replied to texts " I checked my phone again.
" Are they searching for Carter? " I said after a couple seconds of silence.
" Yeah, there on the look out for him, hopefully she'll never see him again " Eric put his hand on my hand " I want you to be strong for her "
I nodded " Promise "
" The babies are okay right? " Eric and I looked toward Miss B again.
" Yeah, they said she got kicked more in the head and chest than her womb " I blew out a sigh of relief " They said their surprised that her water didn't break "
" Me too " Eric laughed.
I giggled to myself too.
My phone dinged as Christie texted me.
I had her set as ' Mom. '
" So your adopted? " Eric got curious.
' Yeah, Haley kinda feels for me, we were both adopted when we were born to young moms " I sighed and flipped my phone over.
" Oh, have you ever thought of trying to find your mom? " Eric drew circles with his fingers on the floor.
" Everyday " I felt tears swelling up " I think about her everyday "
" Maybe she's closer than you think " Eric smiled and shoulder bumped me.
I smiled and pulled my hair away from face.
Before we could say another word, Miss B moved.
I got up and ran to her.
" Amy get up " Eric nudged Amy.
" what? What's wrong? " She woke up rubbing her eyes.
" Amber moved " Eric helped Amy up.
Miss B's brown eyes fluttered open.
" Hey " I whispered, kneeling by her " How ya doing? "
" Hey honey " She whispered back, trying to keep her dreary eyes open.
" How are you feeling? " I asked again.
" Sore and tired " She smiled, drowsy.
Suddenly she freaked out " The babies the- the " She grabbed her stomach, and Eric ran to her.
" Calm down, it's okay, it's okay " Eric kissed her forehead and calmed her down.
" The babies " She cried against his shirt.
Ms. Payton curled me against her, preventing me from crying.
" Shhh the babies are fine, healthy and fine " Eric brushed his fingers through Miss B's hair.
She breathed in and out heavily.
" What's going on? " Doctor Jackson walked into the room.
" She just kinda had a panic attack over the babies " Eric rubbed her belly.
" Okay, at least she's awake " Jackson touched her cheek and felt her pulse.
He wrote some thing down on his clipboard.
" I think it would be good for her, to just take a weekend in a hotel or something before she gives birth, she needs to get away for a while and this will probably be one of your last chances to be alone before your up every night with two children " The doctor smiled at them.
" Maybe we should get away baby " Eric kissed her forehead.
" Yeah " She giggled and looked up at him.
The doctor let us be, and I stared over at Miss B.
" You look exhausted honey " Miss B patted the spot on the bed beside her.
I sat down and cuddled up next to her.
This was it, I stared at Miss B and Eric, could I be sitting next to my parents... My real parents right now?
I wish I knew, as they smiled back at me, if me, Lacy Star, was one of their biological daughters, from 13 years back.