Status: Please comment I'm dying, your so silent!!! Thank for reading

Beaten

Chapter 15: Past Dreams

1 month later

Still Lacy's POV

Really? At 6:00 in the morning, April 11th , I was called to the police station.
The only words they said to me was " We've reopened Chloe Jones' case... Instead of accident, it is being reopened as a possible homicide from suffocation "

Miss B's POV

" Baby Killer! Baby Killer! " Chanted protesters holding up signs, saying This Is A Living Being!
I was crying as the people engulfed me, still chanting " Baby killer! Baby killer! "
" I'm sorry! " I cried " But I'm only 15! " I sobbed on the floor of the car, covering my ears, so maybe I couldn't hear their screams anymore, but I could.
I screamed to as I saw the heartbeat line of my baby go flat.
I was screaming and yelling for the world to go away, tears turned into a river of water, and no matter what I did the voices and sounds wouldn't go away.
I woke up on my back, sobbing, panting, and clutching my belly.
" Hey, hey, hey relax, it's okay, the babies are fine " Eric grabbed me, and rubbed my tummy, " It was a dream, it was a dream "
I swung my head back, and Eric continued to rub my stomach, the past couple weeks, I'd been afraid my stomach would blow up, it looked so unrealistic, it was so round and huge.
" Maybe just take a bath or something babe " Eric suggested.
A bath would be nice, if I wasn't sweating so much already, even in my thin white tank top.
I pushed myself off the bed, with a hand on my tummy, and waddled toward the bathroom.
I pulled my hair into a pony tail, and started the water into the jacuzzi.
Eric knocked on the door.
" Yes? " I asked, folding a towel on the edge of the tub.
He peeked his head through the door crack " Heels? Really? " he slipped a pair of black heels through the door.
I smiled and said " Pregnant or not, I'm wearing my heels "
" But you've been good and haven't worn heels all through the pregnancy " Eric walked in and shut the door.
" Don't boss a hormonal pregnant woman around " I squirted soap into the bath.
Eric surrendered and walked to the sink.
" I can't believe it's been 3 days " Eric pointed to the calendar on the wall.
The date about 3 days ago was circled with dark marker.
That was my due date, we've been all packed and ready for the hospital, basically since I went into false premature labor about a month ago.
Eric and Amy were gonna take me to the doctor today for the pre-labor checkup, presumably my last checkup before I give birth.
I slipped into the bath while Eric had his back turned, and let out a moan of relief as the nice water hit my stomach.
" The babies obviously like the bath, maybe we won't have tantrums about bathing " Eric laughed and sat down on a chair beside the tub.
" Foot " He reached into the water for my feet.
Wow. I didn't realize how much I needed this.
I moaned a little as he massaged my foot, and the warm water poured on my belly.
The babies started kicking.
" Eric, feel this! " I smiled and pulled his hand to my stomach which stuck out of the water.
" Oh my gosh, they do like this " Eric felt my stomach and I laughed.
" And soon they'll be here " I felt my belly too, " Any day now, since I'm 3 days overdue already "
Eric rubbed my stomach once more then wiped his wet hand on a towel.
Suddenly the phone rang " I'll get it " Eric got up.
I closed my eyes as he left, enjoying every minute in the warm water.
" Um, Amber? " Eric peeked his head into the bathroom again, he looked nervous and shocked.
" Who is it? " I started to sit up.
Eric gulped and said " Your mom "

I just stared at Eric.
" You okay? " He asked, his hand was over the receiver.
" I can't believe she's calling " I gasped " What does she want? "
" To see you " Eric put a hand on his forehead.
" When? " I scowled.
Eric put the phone back up to his ear and asked " When would you like to see her? "
The caller mumbled something i couldn't make out and Eric looked back at me " 10 minutes, at her house "
" I'll be there " I slouched back into the tub.
Eric hung up the phone and sat on the edge of the bath to help me out.
" Are you sure this is what you wanna do? " Eric wrapped a towel around me.
" We have to talk " I walked him out of the bathroom and shut the door.
" Wait " Eric asked through the door.
" What? " I asked drying my hair with the towel.
" What about the appointment? " He asked.
" It doesn't start for 3 hours, can you pick me up from my mom's in like 2 hours? " I slipped on a black maturity zip up sweatshirt, black maturity yoga pants, I left my long hair down with some earrings in, white slip on shoes, and hardly any makeup on.
I stared at my belly in the mirror.
God it was uncomfortable, to big and noticeable, and the sickness was getting unbearable, at least there was hardly any time left with me being pregnant, if I didn't give birth in a least a week ( 7 days ), I'd be already 10 days overdue and they'd induce me, meaning make my water break.
Eric knocked on the door " Ready? "
I took a deep breath and nodded.
" I should paint my toes " I pulled my foot up.
" Amber, you can't even see your toes " Eric laughed.
I smirked at him and said " Doesn't mean they can't look good "
He grinned and helped me down the steps, and opened the door for me, I took a deep breath and rested my arm on my belly, and rubbed it slightly.
Eric kissed my cheek, I smiled and waddled out to my car.

I probably sat in the car, parked in my estranged mother's driveway for 15 minutes, before I had enough courage to talk to her.
I pulled out the keys, tucked them in my purse and got out of the car slowly.
Before I could even hesitate knocking on the door, it opened.
I stared at my mother's face.
" Hello Amber " She said plainly.
" Hi mother " I was shaking hard, I could feel it.
She wrapped her arms around me, I felt her sniffle against my shoulder.
My babies weight pressed into her.
When we let go, she wiped her nose and said " Come in baby "
I swung my purse over my shoulder and walked in behind her.
We sat down together on the white couch, sitting in silence.
" Why did you disown me? " I asked, ready to cry out in anger.
" Oh come on Amber, your a smart girl, you know why " She reached for my hand but I pulled away.
" No! No I don't ! " I stood up.
" Oh please! Do you think I'd want to be known as the mother with a fifteen year old slut daughter who got herself knocked up! " Mom stood up too and shouted.
Her words stung through me.
" Do you think I chose to get knocked up?! " I screamed, tears racing down my face.
" Well, I wasn't sure, thinking that you didn't get an abortion! " she screamed back.
" I couldn't kill two lives! I'd be a murderer! " I rubbed my belly.
" I just couldn't believe my fricken goody goody daughter turned herself in a slut over night " Mom sat down.
" Mother! " I cried " Do you have any idea what I've been through? "
" Amber, please " I cut her off " I haven't freaking seen you in 9 years, when I was 18! Do u even know how old I am right now?! FYI I'm 27! I've been abused for 14 straight years, by a boyfriend I can't escape! I got pregnant with twins again by my best friend also the father of my children back when I was fifteen, last July, and was due three days ago! I'm huge and fat and can't take this anymore. My abusive ex has been missing for a month after he beat the crap out of me. I went into false premature labor a month ago. 13 years ago, on November 14th, I gave birth to two beautiful fraternal girls that I have up for adoption when they were 2 months old, it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I've had an incredibly hard life and you've never been there! " I finished and sat down to sob into my hands.
Mother looked speechless.
" I had no idea " Was all she said.
" Yeah I figured that " I sobbed.
I stood up again and rubbed my stomach to rest my arm on it.
When my vision returned not teary, I grabbed my purse " I gotta go "
The babies kicked and I smiled.
Mom ignored what I said and asked " Can I feel? "
I hesitated but saw the pleading in her eyes.
" Do you even care about them? " I asked first.
" Amber, I'm so sorry I was never there and I didn't understand what was going on "
She cried and tried to touch my cheek.
" It's a little late for that " I sniffled and walked toward the door.
" Amber " She followed me.
" What?! " I asked, clearly upset " Mom, I don't understand why it's such a big deal that I was pregnant so early, when you were pregnant with me when you were 16! "
" I just didn't want you to make the same mistake as me " She weeped.
" I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment " I turned my back to her to hide the tears.
I groaned as my stomach tied into a knot.
" Are you okay? " Mom asked.
" I'm gonna throw up " I gagged as I threw my guts up over a trash bin.
I wiped my mouth and decided to leave.
" I really have to go " I pushed mom away.
" Tell me when... You give birth " She whispered.
For once I nodded and said " I will mom "
" I love you " She said as I walked out.
" Bye mom " I sighed and got into the passenger side of the car to see Eric and Amy looking at me with concern.
" Don't ask " I said coldly.
" I won't " Eric surrendered and kissed me on the cheek.
" Hey " Amy grabbed my hand " Hi " we hugged.
" Let's get to the hospital " Eric started the car.
I nodded " God, it's hot in here... These pre-labor symptoms are killing me"
" Let's see, you've had hot flashes, cravings, puking, cramps, mood swings, chills, and plenty more I can't even remember " Eric laughed.
" Shut up " I playfully nudged him.
For the rest of the ride we sat in silence.
" You ready? " Amy asked " this is the last one "
I looked at Eric and Amy, smiled and said " Finally "
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter was kinda boring but I had to put this in here.lwhat do u think is gonna happen next? Lol
Xxx thanks- Lydia