Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

In Shadows I dream

I tossed and turned in my bed. My dreams turning into nightmares, enabling me to sleep peacefully. No matter how much I wanted to wake up...although it wasn't fear that made me want to awaken from this nightmare...it was the fear I would drown within it.

Shadows danced across the dark gray floor, Grey was all I could see, except for the dark ebony shadows that swayed dangerously yet gracefully like trees in a storm. They reached for me, the dark blobs turning into hands the closer they got. I couldn't run, even though I wanted desperately to get away from them, in case they dragged my deeper into sleep never to wake up. Two shadows shaped like snakes had tangled themselves around my ankles, making their way up. These two shadows weren't strong enough to drag me down to the never ending darkness, so they made me still for the bigger, stronger shadows to do it for them. I wanted free to run, but my limbs were stuck, I was so entranced in the dancing shadows that I couldn't move, and soon they ensnared me, pulling me into their darkness.

I closed my eyes and hoped that when I would open them I was back in my dream instead of this nightmare. Although when I opened my eyes, I was in a wood, a dead wood whose trees had grown twisted and bared only dead leaves, most had fallen onto the hard dry ground, but a few still held onto the tree, not wishing to fall. I looked up to see a castle, a castle that was no longer the bright cream colour it was supposed to be. It had darkened with age and dirt, vines climbing up the walls along with moss growing in the small cracks available to them. I could tell just by looking at the magnificent castle that no one lived there, yet I had a strange feeling in the back of my mind that someone did in fact live here.

I was moving slowly, yet I was not walking but floating and gliding across the air, making my way towards the towering black gates of the castle. As if waiting for me the gates opened and I was in the garden. I gasped as every flower, tree and bush was dead, even the grass was dried and withered. Ahead of me in the middle of the yard was a stone fountain that took the shape of three mermaids. One sitting on an open clam, another sitting on a large stock of seaweed inspecting her pearls and the last had just dived to the sea floor. It was beautiful but dry, dead leaves had taken over the pool. I looked at the mermaids and noticed their saddened expression, their despair, they wanted the fountain to work again, they needed the water to flow.

Great Oak doors towered high above me and I stopped in front of it. The doors where a dark brown that moaned in the wind. Both of them held a knocker. I shivered and looked up at the door as if I might see through them, I could hear...music?
Three loud knocks were heard yet I didn't touch the lion head knockers on the doors and the doors opened, moaning eerily as they did. The doors closed behind me and the music grew louder and I finally saw a little shaft of light coming from under yet another set of Oak doors. This time they opened straight away and I was met with a huge ball!

Golden chandeliers hung high in the massive hall. It was full of people, women dressed in bright coloured dresses and men dressed smartly in tuxedo's. The walls were all gold and cream but the ceiling was amazing. It was a painting of clouds and baby angels flying through them. Every so often there was a little baby cupid hidden behind a tuft of cloud holding up his gold and red arrows. The hall was mesmerizing and over the top beautiful...shadows also danced across the ceiling, but not threatening ones like the ones that brought me here. I all of a sudden looked down at myself and gasped, I was wearing a blood red dress, I gulped slowly and looked back up to see a man standing at three little steps that lead to a small platform where there were two red and gold thrones. I looked closely at the man but all I could see were his eyes...everything else, the music, the lights, the sound of laughing and chattering people faded, all but his eyes.

His dark emerald eyes

I woke up.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow....that's pretty long, em.......I lost the original version of this cause the computer is so gay :P

but I guess this will have to do,

thanks for reading ;) :P

Sarah x