Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

Don't Look Back

"Linzi, what are you doing?!" Amber asked bemused.

I ignored her for the millionth time and searched through the bushes where Nathaniel and I had rested on the night we first got chased by Gordon's vampires. As I searched the snow covered ground for clues that Nathaniel had been here, only finding paw prints or different sizes, I found my mobile!

I wiped the snow from my phone as the others gathered around me and watched intently as I searched for any kind of mark that was there. I wondered if it still worked being out in the snow for so long. I tried to turn it on but it was dead. I sighed and put it in my coat pocket.

"This is where Nathaniel and I hid when we got chased on out date." I explained.

"Who were you chased by?" Jay and Todd asked.

Amber just stood quiet and took everything in, I knew she would be trying to figure everything out in her head. I thought how I could explain my adventure in a such a way that didn't involve Mythical Creatures.

"Nathaniel...has a lot of enemies-"

"He's a criminal?" Todd asked.

"A Gangster?" Jay asked.

"Guys! No he's neither, he just has a lot of enemies...well, we got chased and we hide here, and I fainted...and Nathaniel didn't want to endanger you guys as well so he took me to his house...I was just hoping there would be a sign form him here." I explained.

They seemed to take that part OK, but now they wondered just what Nathaniel worked as. I too started to wonder since I didn't exactly know.

"Let's just leave it then" I sighed and we went home.

When the house was warm and Amber started dinner, Todd and Jay went out to buy some extra things in for dinner to make it a bit more special. I went to check the house, it felt so eerie in the house now knowing that Gordon had been here and knew where I lived. I went upstairs and searched my cold, wrecked room for my phone charger then ran back downstairs not liking the feeling I was being watched. Shivering I plugged my phone in and on charge...and it worked!

"Linzi, can you come help me the now?" Amber called form the kitchen.

"Yeah, two secs" I said and made sure it loaded up to my background picture I hadn't saw in ages!

I ran into the living room and helped Linzi put everything on plates equally and to help her remember who liked what. I then poured drinks as she covered the boys dinner and put them in the micro so it was warm when they came back. I then heard the familiar tune that is my ring-tone. I ran and dived on the couch and picked up my phone. It went off a million times as I got a dozen texts form Amber, Jay and Todd asking where I was, if I was alright and that sort of thing. Then texts from orange about deals and stuff. I sighed, I had no texts from Nathaniel. Then I remembered, we didn't get a proper chance to swap numbers.

"Linzi...Linzi..." The voice whispered.

"Nathaniel?" I asked instinctively.

"Come with me...hurry" The voice said.

I frowned...Nathaniel wouldn't say that without making sure I was awake and okay first...

"Whose there?" I asked trying to open my eyes.

"It's me Linzi...come on stand up!" The voice was more desperate sounding.

"NO!" I screamed and lashed out at whatever was in front of me!

There was a gasp and I snapped my eyes open and in the moonlight I saw Nathaniel sitting on the floor from when I struck him. I was so confused.

"Nathaniel?" I asked standing up and going to help him.

"Linzi...I told you it was me...come on!" He said and took my hand.

His hand was gloved and I noticed his sleeve shift so I could see his wrist, there was a tattoo of a very fancy looking 'T' ...Nathaniel doesn't have any tattoos.

"Let go of me!" I shouted and kicked the impostor back down.

Suddenly the hall light was on and there was a stampede as my three friends ran downstairs to see what I was screaming about. I looked at the impostor and growled.

"Linzi what's-"

"Run get out of here!" I shouted.

"Linzi?!" Todd shouted confused with fear.

Suddenly three more vampires fell from the ceiling. Amber screamed and the guys shouted in surprise. I ran over to one of the vampires and shoulder tackled him away from Amber. The guys started to fight with eh vampires, but the vampires were too fast, Amber and I ran at them and attacked form the back. Suddenly I was grabbed and bound by arms. I screamed and kicked then headbutted backwards catching the vampire in the face. I saw the other vampire now holding Amber bare his fangs and Amber's eyes widened. I threw myself at him again and knocked him over, but he threw his hand round and used his nails to slash my face.

"Run!" I shouted to Amber.

I was grabbed again and kicked forward and ended up kicked the vampire that keeps going after Amber again! When I saw his red hair and then his eyes as he looked at me it clicked!

"Clarence!" I shouted.

My suspicions were confirmed, these were Gordon's vampires.

Clarence was distracted and so were the other vampires as I shouted his name, Todd and Jay took this chance and broke free of their captors and grabbed Amber and ran. the vampires were about to chase after them when I shouted after them;

"I'm the one you want, leave them!"

They stopped and looked at each other questioningly. I gasped as my body went cold and my vision blurred.

Ice. Thick frost covered ice. Down the road...my friends where about to run over it...

I pretended to faint after my vision and the vampire holding me loosened his grip and peered at me, I could see from my half closed hers his face morph back to his original form, a ghastly scarred face. With a headbutt he let me go completely and I ran for it. I slapped away hands and kicked someone between the legs then jumped down the front steps of my house loosing balance but still going. I looked for my friends and saw them about to take a wrong turn. A vampire popped up next to me and I stopped running and he practically flew by me. I screamed as I bumped into someones chest. I felt strong arms wrap around me again and I struggled.

"Don't struggle, it's me"

I looked up and saw a smiling Kayden! I grinned and he winked at me then growled ferociously at the oncoming vampires.

"Hey Kid" I heard another familiar voice.

"Tyson!" I grinned.

Giving me a quick thumbs up Tyson then ran forward and transformed into his half human half wolf form. I gasped as they all fought, attacking Tyson. Kayden lifted me up higher and held me bridal style.

"Hold on tight" He said and he too transformed.

His chest turned prickly with coarse hair and I felt a jolt in my heart as I looked up at a long hair snout and bright yellow eyes looking down at me. I stroked his chest to let him know I was fine and then he turned form the oncoming vampires and fight and ran in the direction of my friends.

We caught up and Kayden ran in front to block their run off. They all gasped when they saw him and their eyes widened immensely when they saw me leap form his arms.

"Don't worry, this is Kayden he's a friend" I said quickly.

"Linzi he's...he's...he's...!" Amber stammered.

"A Lycan, yes I know"

"And back there!" Todd said slightly angered.

"Were vampires..." I said timidly.

"Linzi...run across the ice...hurry, Tyson can't hold them all back long" Kayden's deep Lycan voice broke the conversation.

My friends were scared you could clearly see it and I felt horrible.

"Hurry, he's right, c'mon!" I said and indicated to cross the ice.

They made no move.

"Please hurry, it's too dangerous here!" I begged tears welling.

My friends looked behind them and then ran towards me and past me stopping to walk fast yet carefully over the ice.

"Linzi" Kayden said.

"Follow the ice, it breaks off about six hundred yards down the street go another hundred, turn left into he woods, there should be a black portal, go through it and go towards the arc that leads to the village, don't go through it though" He said.

"Alright" I nodded and turned to run.

"Linzi!" He said and I looked into his eyes.

"Don't look back " He said seriously.

Gulping and nodding, I ran after my friends slipping as soon as I got on the ice but regained my balance and followed fast to try and explain the plan to them.