Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

Knowledge Of The Past

Music...a lute, violas, harpsichords and a cello. Secular Renaissance music...where was it coming from? I opened my eyes and looked at the ground. Beneath my feet that I couldn't see due to my large cream skirt that puffed out Victorian style, was a white paved path. The ground was littered with leaves that a slight cold breeze blew from the trees. They all blew in the same direction; towards the castle. I narrowed my eyes as I recognized the castle, I had been here before in my visions. The shoes I was wearing were flat so they made hardly any noise as I walked towards the castle that was entangled with dry ivy vines. The closer I got the more the wind picked up and finally I noticed the water fountain in front of me. It was the mermaid fountain! I walked quickly up tot he fountain and looked in the pool. It was dry and the mermaids looked sad, just like my vision before. I reached forward and caressed one of the mermaids stone tails. It would look magnificent if it worked.

Suddenly I was in front of two great oak doors, I pushed as hard as I could and with a deafening creak they opened and I walked into the brightly lit hall. Wall fitted chandeliers shone definitely as I followed the music to another set of doors. This time the doors opened automatically. This room was bright also, with the biggest and brightest of all chandeliers in here. Bright colours flew by as couples danced passed me and I couldn't help but smile at the music and sway along to the happy sounding melody.

"May I have this dance?"

I turned to my right and gasped as a masked man stood behind me. His black hair was slicked back, it reached his shoulders. The top of his head was covered by a pirate type hat and his mask was plain black with red sequence around the outline of the mask. Sea green eyes sparkled through the eye holes of the mask and I felt myself nod and take his gloved hand. So we danced, and the whole time we did, we kept our gaze. I knew him, I swear I knew him! But how?


"Linzi? Linzi wake up please?!" The voice beckoned me back to the land of the living.

"Huh?" I jolted up right.

Kayden looked at me with a concerned look and held my shoulders, peering into my eyes.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" I wiped my dried eyes

He wasn't convinced.

"You were talking in your sleep...something about Castle Tyrcurse?" He asked confused.

"Tyrcurse?" I asked unsure.

Kayden nodded. I thought about the castle and suddenly wanted to share my vision with someone, someone else had to see the castle! It made so much more sense now that I knew it's name, but for whatever reason I didn't know!

"Kayden, have you ever heard of Castle Tyrcurse?" I asked.

"I think so, it's an old, old, old story though, something about it being legendary or something" He shrugged.

"Why?" He asked.

"I've saw it before...in my dreams...that's not the first time I've visited it" I said.

"What does it have to do with what's going on now?" He asked.

"I don't know" I mulled it over.

Silence took over us as Kayden watched me think what Castle Tyrcurse had to do with Nathaniel and Gordon. There was a knock at the door that broke off my train of thought and in walked Akalah and Jackson. I stood up and bowed my head the same as Kayden. Akalah stood in front of me and looked me over, assessing me.

"I'm afraid to say Linzi that we're involved now. I know it's not your fault, it is our own, but we must know what is happening with the vampires, we must know what they want and why they decided to involve us so we can get out of this mess as soon and as cleanly as possible. I don't want my village harmed" Akalah explained.

"Yes Sir, I understand, but I'm afraid I don't know exactly what the vampires want. I was just brought in to the mess myself when Nathaniel and I were attacked that night a few weeks ago." I explained.

"So the vampire friend of yours, has told you nothing?" He asked.

"Nothing Sir, and I haven't saw him since the night he picked me up from here, which was a good five days ago" I said.

Akalah nodded. Jackson nodded at Kayden and I. I felt a switch flick on in my brain.

"Akalah Sir, can you tell me about...Castle Tyrcurse?" I asked.

Akalah's nose twitched and he scratched behind his ear in thought.

"It is an ancient castle where the great council used to gather and hold meeting and balls...how do you know about Castle Tyrcurse?" He asked curiously.

"Well Sir you see, I sometimes...have visions." I said timidly.

They all nodded waiting for me to continue.

"Sometimes, I have visions instead of dreams and...well, that's twice I've dreamed of a massive cream castle, wrapped in dead Ivy vines with a cracked, crooked white stone path and a dry mermaid fountain. Although this time, Kayden said he heard me muttering the name in my sleep, although I don't remember it" I explained.

Jackson looked bewildered as well as Kayden, but Akalah nodded and went into thought.

"The great council consisted of one leader form every group. At this time it was my grandfather who was part of the council. I was just a boy and there was this masquerade ball. I was too young so I had to sneak in and hide under the banquet tables. I can still remember the music" Akalah said with a small smile.

I went cold and I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head.

Eyes where on me and I could feel them burning into me. Three sets of eyes, one was looking directly at me. Another from across the room, and the third from below. As I was spun out I looked in one direction and saw a red haired woman glaring and huffing while angrily shaking a fan in front of her reddening face. As I spun around further I spotted a shaded face peering out form a white cloth and massive, innocent silver eyes. I spun back into his chest and made a slight groaning sound.

"You should have worn a mask tonight milady..." He said.

"Not wanting to see my face are you? Am I that horrid?" I asked playfully.

"Not at all, but it would have made the night more interesting" He smiled devilishly.

"Hm? How so?" I smiled back.

Just as he opened his mouth the oak doors of the grand hall burst open and a powerful gust of wind blew into the room. Women scream and men along with them as the candles were blew out. Then there was a wretched smell of evil and decay. I gasped and clung to my male partner as he shielded me from the stranger. There was a fierce growl and the entire hall was silent.


"Linzi...Linzi!"

Gasping for fresh breath I lunged forward and pried my heavy eyes open. As I sat wheezing, I felt warm hand son my back and fourteen pairs of eyes on me. Karla, Amber, Todd and Jay had joined us.

"We heard a thump as you hit the floor" Jay explained as I looked at them all.

"What happened?" Karla asked.

"I just had another vision...something happened that night didn't it Akalah? Someone ruined the night...a horrid person...a horrid thing." I said trying to remember everything.

"Yes...and that was the night when the wizards became a threat. It was a great wizard named, well in your tongue it's Vincent Powell. He came in and showed us his amazing powers, the power of total control. He was able to tap into the minds and brains of every single different creature in that room and control them! The only person who he couldn't control was Lady Clarissa." Akalah explained.

Lady Clarissa...that was someone I had to do my research on.