Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

Narrow Escape

"Nathaniel..." I whimpered.

"Shh, be still" He held me to him.

As we listened to the wolves getting closer I thought of any possible way I could get Nathaniel to drink from me. I couldn't see anything sharp near by to cut myself with so I started to bite my lip.It was painful as I bit deep into my lip but it was necessary. Once I felt a small gather of blood on my lip I tapped Nathaniel's chest. Nathaniel turned and before I could let him spot the blood I kissed him.

Nathaniel tried to push me away but I held tight and soon he was sucking my lip practically dry. I forcefully moved his head to my neck and I gasped for air and then held back a yelp of pain as he bit into my neck. It hurt at first but soon I started to go numb and I couldn't feel the pain.

"Nathaniel...Nathaniel..." I gasped as I tried to stop him.

Again I forcefully moved his head and he looked up at me with sharp, red eyes that terrified me. For a moment he looked at me like a savage animal but then his eyes changed back to normal and he gasped for air as if he'd been under water for a long time.

"Linzi! I could have killed you!" He yelled at me.

"Either that or you would have died" I whispered.

I felt so tired and weak I just wanted to sleep.

"Now look I took too much!" He exclaimed.

"Linzi!" He called.

There was a growl and we both looked to our right. There, peeking round a corner of one of the walls, was a wolf. It stood haunched on it's hind legs. We stayed still and Nathaniel slowly reached to his side. The wolf watched us and I heard a snap behind us and my head jolted round to see another wolf at the other side. That's when they both howled and snarled at each other and they both ran at us!

I screamed and covered my eyes but Nathaniel held me tighter around the waist and jumped up to his feet then jumped up high enough to perch on the wall. That's when I uncovered my eyes and looked out from our new point of view. There before us all through out the maze were about another fifty werewolves!

"Oh god..." I muttered.

"How did you get in here?" Nathaniel asked.

I looked for the way I came in and backtracked my path.

"There!" I pointed to a door South of where the werewolves where.

Nathaniel jumped and I screamed as the werewolves below us jumped up and tried to snap at Nathaniel's ankles! Nathaniel let go of my waist and held my hand tight and we ran along the wall and jumped at the very edge. Unfortunately with us being so high up all the werewolves could practically see, smell and hear us and they too started to chase us!

As we landed on the hard ground I tripped over my own feet as Nathaniel tried to run start away, he pulled me sharply which nearly pulled my arm out of it's socket, but it was either that or a wolf biting my ankle off! Nathaniel was too quick for me so he slowed down just a little to make it better for me. But I was struggling to run because I was so weak and running only made my vision blur and make it harder for me to see. So with that and Nathaniel's unnatural speed every time we turned a corner I bashed into the walls. Some wolves had saw what we had done and they also followed us on the tops of the walls, jumping from on to the other. A few had jumped down and tried to ambush us from there but Nathaniel would easily dodge.

"How much further?" I asked Nathaniel weakly.

"Not much" He said.

We turned a corner just too sharp and I crashed into the wall opposite and screamed as my head collided with it and I collapsed to the floor. I jerked Nathaniel to a halt.

"Linzi!" He shouted.

Just then a werewolf jumped on top of him from the wall above us. They started to fight and I couldn't help. I was crying furiously as the pain my body was experiencing was immense and then the worry of Nathaniel and the other werewolves getting us overwhelmed me. I tried to stand but a sharp shooting pain shot through my head that made me scream in pain. I heard the grunts and groans of the wolf fighting Nathaniel stop as he heard me. I heard his lips smack as he licked them and it panicked me. I tried again and the pain was only worse so again I screamed.

"Linzi! Stop you'll just make it worse!" Nathaniel said and I heard a surprised yelp from the wolf after a loud crack as Nathaniel resumed his attack.

"I'm scared...Nathaniel I'm scared" I couldn't help but cry out as I felt the ground rumble as the wolves suddenly stampeded round the corner.

I screamed again as I felt them almost close down upon me and they all stopped. I whimpered and cried. I heard them panting and waiting. What were they waiting for? Another sharp pain shot from my head down to my back and I gave a yelp of pain and tried to wriggle away from the pain.

"Linzi..." Nathaniel said and then there were a few growls as though Nathanial wasn't allowed to speak.

I then felt something going up my leg and I felt my trouser leg moving as I realised it was a wolf sniffing my leg. It continued up until it reached my head which was bleeding and I could feel the warm blood start to trickle down the side of my face. I felt sick, I hated blood especially seeing my own. Looking at blood wasn't so bad as feeling it trickle between your fingers and smell it thick in the air. The werewolf howled gently and then licked my head. It nipped and I cried out a bit and the wolf continued to lick me. Soon it didn't hurt at all and I felt the wolf nudge my head and it made me look up into it's eyes.

I suddenly realised that they could smell Kayden and Jason and their family from me, they wouldn't attack me cause they thought I was from the pack...or at least allies with the pack. The pack then had a confrontation and started to bark, howl, growl, snarl and fight with each other. The one with Nathaniel held him tightly and Nathaniel struggled to get out of his grip. Nathaniel stopped then when the werewolf relaxed he broke free and punched him so hard in the face the wolf flew back and landed hard against the wall. The others heard and growled fiercely at Nathaniel and started to charge at him. I pushed myself up off the floor and threw myself at the feet of the front werewolf and tripped it over, and the other followed close behind. they looked up at growled lowly at me narrowing their eyes. I lay on the floor panting as my sight was finally fading.

"He's a...friend!" I said as loudly as I could.

I saw the wolves look at Nathaniel with such a look it was as though the wolves were surprised a vampire was helping a wolf. I couldn't hang on anymore as a buzzing noise took over the growls and my vision went white and then black.