Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

Entering The Cave

The Elves gave Nathaniel and I horses of our own - we could keep them after our time in the cave's. Windsong had prepared a food package for us including herself, but had added extra for Nathaniel and I when we would be left on our own. I mounted my horse that was named Storm and was a beautiful blend of grey and white; like the cloud's at the start of a thunder storm. I stroke her neck and trotted up beside Windsong. I still hadn't spoken to Nathaniel, it had only been one night and I missed talking to him...but I had to get my point across.

"We shall make it there in two days." Windsong said.

We both nodded and then we set out; following Windsong all the way.

We stopped after about five hours traveling and had something to eat, having little conversation. I tried to keep my eyes off Nathaniel but that was hard and I could spot little things about him that made me a little nervous. Like how much paler he was getting and how he was taking short shallow breaths and starting to sweat. It looked like he was getting the beginnings of a fever. Nathaniel caught me staring and I looked away.

We made camp just before night fell and set up a fire. Nathaniel retired early so Windsong and I went to catch fireflies. We had a laugh and I was glad to spend time with another women. I hadn't saw Amber in such a long time. I got sad at the memories of Amber and I. Windsong knew and eventually I told her my life story; Amber and what's happened now included.

Windsong in turn told me all about her life and how her village started and flowered into what it was today. We used the fireflies as night lights and when we got back to camp we also went to sleep.

On the second day we reached the cave where the Knife Of Death was kept. It was dark and I felt so scared, I felt Nathaniel's hand on my shoulder.

"I'll protect you" Nathaniel said.

I looked up at him and felt my fears melt away and I smiled at him. I then noticed he was even paler than last night. I thought vampires were pale enough. The horses whinnied and Nathaniel and I looked over at Windsong.

"This is as far as I go...I will wait here for four days maximum. I can't wait any longer. If you do not return within four days I will assume you've been killed and I'll have to leave. " Windsong bowed her head.

"Good luck"

I smiled at her and looked into the cave again and Nathaniel went to go in. I couldn't move; I was petrified. Nathaniel realised I wasn't moving and he stopped and looked at me. I just couldn't move. He came back to me and slowly and gently took my hand. He gave me a tug and I still couldn't move. After another stronger tug I stepped forward shakily and then followed Nathaniel's disappearing figure into the darkness at the mouth of the cave.