Sequel: A Vampires Love
Status: Complete

A Vampires Rage

The Wind Brought You To Me

I had just fallen asleep, or so I thought when the wind howled outside my window. I shivered as it seeped through my window and made my room cold. I turned on my back looking up to the darkened ceiling, looking for shapes in the shadows of the tree outside. The dancing shadows of the tree reminded me of my dream...my nightmare.

A loud rapping came at my front door and I gasped sitting up, who would visit at this time? It was three in the morning and the weather was no weather to be out in, it was dark, cold with blistering winds and hailing snow. I waited a minute in case it was just something that had hit the door from the outside, being blown around by the wind, but the rapping came again. Although this time it was slower and got lighter. I finally got out of my bed and turned on my light, I decided to hum a song to myself, one: to keep me calm, two: the silence started to gnaw at my nerves.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and I edged closer and closer to the door, wondering if it was a good idea to open the door or not. I stopped a second and listened for Amber, maybe she heard it too, maybe she would come down after the third rapping and answer the door instead of me. I was freaked, I wasn't scared. I was freaked that someone actually came at such a time and knocked on our door. Why hadn't Amber woken up? Why was I the one to open the door? I took a deep breath and reached out to the handle, it was now cold and I shivered again and then, opened the door.

I screamed and jumped back as a cloaked figure fell at my feet. I covered my mouth and looked down at him - I knew it was a him since he groaned and it sounded like a guy.
He rolled over and I dropped to my knees beside him and I touched his face, his eyes were opening and closing every couple of seconds. I gently slapped his face, my hands freezing like his skin. I shivered and my teeth chattered as the wind blew in the door along with snow. I stood up and grabbed his shoulders and dragged him in to the living room. I inhaled and exhaled a breath and bent down to pick him up. He groaned as I managed to sling his heavy arm around my neck and I lifted his even heavier body up off the ground. My teeth chattered and I lay him on the sofa. I sighed in relief as the weight was gone from my back and I ran to shut the door. I locked it and ran in to the kitchen and turned on the heating and the lights. I puffed from the cold and wrapped my arms around me, I was about to get lost in my thoughts when the man groaned and I saw him move his legs. I went in and sat beside him.

He groaned loudly and looked around.

"W-where am I?" He asked.

His voice was as smooth as silk yet as deep as the sea. I blinked, I wasn't expecting that sort of voice and he looked up at me and I bit my lip to stifle a gasp.

His Emerald Green Eyes...

He made to sit up, groaning in pain so I pushed him back down gently.

"Shh, and sit still, you need rest. Don't worry your safe here" I told him gently.

He looked at my hand which rested on his chest until he lay right back down and he sighed. Then his eyes met mine and I felt hollow but in a good way.

"Thank you...but where am I?" He asked.

"You are at my house, I'll tell you more in the morning, now rest" I said.

He frowned but a small smile played on his lips.

"Yes Ma'am!" He said.

We laughed, but a few thoughts crossed my mind.
Why was I laughing with him? Who was he? Why did I bring him in to my house? Where did he come from? Why was I letting him stay here?

"I'll get you some blankets, I think you should take your cloak off though, it will only make you cold" I told him.

He nodded and I helped him sit up as he untied the bindings around his neck and he pulled it out from underneath him and I took it from him. I felt his gaze on me as I looked down at the cloak made of velvet. I shivered a little and I felt his cold hand on my wrist.

"Could you...close the curtains please?" He asked in a fading voice.

I nodded and stood closing the curtains. When I looked back at him I noticed a thick stain in his shirt, a thick dark red stain. I went back over to him and my hand hovered over the stain, which hid a deep cut underneath.

"Let me fix that" I said.

His hand once again caught my wrist and I looked up at his face. Shivering slightly from his cool touch and his eyes piercing mine.

"No...I'll tend to it in the morning" He said.

I nodded and got up as he let go of my wrist. I ran up stairs and took spare blankets from the cupboard, but on my descent down the stairs Amber opened her door.

"What the hell's going on down there?" She asked sleepily, angry that I had woken her.

"Nothing, I'll tell you tomorrow" I said.

"Where are you going with the blankets?” She asked.

"Down stairs" I replied with a small smile and she grunted and went back to bed.

I saw him grimacing and I felt sorry for him, what had happened to him?
I decided to ask him about it tomorrow, he needed rest. He exhaled his breath as I tucked the blankets at either side of him.

"I'm sorry about the blood" He apologised.

"No it's alright...it'll wash out, just get some rest" I smiled.

He smiled back and I once again gasped. I felt my knees shaking and my head spin as he smiled. His eyes searched mine and I had to look away as I felt blush appear on my cheeks.

"I'll leave you" I said and got up.

"If you need anything, the bathroom is upstairs and is the first door on the right, my room is
the second door on the left" I said and left.

I lay in bed with a smile on my face. A thought crossed me and I sat up looking at the painting. The mermaids held mischievous looks about them, but that wasn't how I had painted them. I glared slightly.

"You better not have made that happen" I said.

Sighing I fell back asleep...a thought barely hanging on to the back of my mind the wind brought him to me
♠ ♠ ♠
o0o0o0o0

enjoy

Sarah x